Thread: A girl and her stick?

Just imagine for a moment if Insomniac actually did carry this game through. Ratchet and Clank would never have been born :shock:

I wonder though, what would this game have been like had it not been cancelled? Any ideas?

I'd love to hear some! emoji

Deleted user

I think Insomniac wouldn't become that well known as they are today if they carried this old project rather than Ratchet and Clank. They would probably had become a B-Movie company in gaming like Tim Schafer with his game creations like Brutal Legends or Psychonauts.

It would of been neat if this project existed because we would have had more Female protagonists in video games, but hearing "a girl with a stick" made me thought of Beyond Good and Evil right away, which is another title that stars a female character with a Dai-Jo stick.

Deleted user

Im so glad that Insomniac went ahead with Ratchet and Clank instead, since it's a lot more appealing in my opinion emoji

But still, it was very interesting to take a look into "A Girl with a Stick" to see what they were working with before R&C. But it doesn't look like something I would have gotten into. But it still didn't look that bad though emoji

That is an interesting thought that the company wouldn't be as popular, because I have the same opinion too. But think aswell, this is the company that made Spyro :P I think she would have been an interesting protagonist though, because I don't think Insomniac would have made her the typical "sexy female" character that most companies seem to like (take Bayonetta for example :O). Because Insomniac are that awesome!
Did you hear that when the PS2 was first announced, the Insomniac devs thought it was going to be really powerful and put like 100 polygons into each blade of grass and it crashed after about a square foot of it. Lol :P

It wasn't entirely cancelled though, just changed from "a Girl and her stick" to "a lombax and his Gadgetron omniwrench"
emoji

Deleted user
It wasn't entirely cancelled though, just changed from "a Girl and her stick" to "a lombax and his Gadgetron omniwrench"
emoji

I knew it! Ratchet was a human woman this whole time. emoji

Deleted user

heheh emoji

Well I have to say it is pretty cool to look into the past like that though… but man, just imagine if this was created instead of Ratchet and Clank… none of us will even know each other, I don't think o_O but like I said before, I'm glad it changed to "A Lombax and his Wrench" XD