Thread: Skins and Armor in TOD

Deleted user

Discuss the armor and skins in Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. Were there any that you liked in this Ratchet game?

I wasn't too huge on the armor designs in Tools of Destruction because most of them felt a little too awkward and strange on Ratchet. The only ones I liked were the Pilots Suit (because it looked really charming on Ratchet) and the Terraflux Armor (It had the best design from the rest of the armors in the game).

As for the skins, I didn't really use any of them (except for Convict Ratchet), but I do like the selection here, especially seeing the Snowman in Next Gen. visuals. emoji

So overall, I think the selections and designs are good, but not as appealing and mind blowing as the ones in the PS2 games.

And is it just me or does the Blackstar Armor and the Helios armor look quite identical from one another except with different colours and slight form designs? What do you guys think?

http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Blackstar_Armor
http://ratchet.wikia.com/wiki/Helios_Armor

I liked the prison skin from Size Matters. You can't find it in the Skins menu but you have to unlock it from a cheat code. emoji

Deleted user
I liked the prison skin from Size Matters. You can't find it in the Skins menu but you have to unlock it from a cheat code. emoji

I think the Convict Skin is from Secret Agent Clank. But yeah, I remember finding the cheat code inside the IRIS when you play as Clank.

I think it was nice of IG to offer us the skin code in the gameplay, while finding the cheats off of walkthroughs like in the other games… Although, I could be wrong about this. emoji

My opinion about his Convict Design is good overall, but I find Ratchet's hat design to be so-so. If the hat piece matched with the colour of his gloves, I probably would of loved it even more. Other than that, it looks cool. :oui:

User image

I think the Convict Skin is from Secret Agent Clank. But yeah, I remember finding the cheat code inside the IRIS when you play as Clank.

I think it was nice of IG to offer us the skin code in the gameplay, while finding the cheats off of walkthroughs like in the other games… Although, I could be wrong about this. emoji

My opinion about his Convict Design is good overall, but I find Ratchet's hat design to be so-so. If the hat piece matched with the colour of his gloves, I probably would of loved it even more. Other than that, it looks cool. :oui:

User image

Oh right , it was in Secret Agent clank.
emoji Well, when Ratchet was in prison , he didn't had his gloves, I'm not sure if it was just at some point or throughout the whole game.

That thing on his head might not be a hat.Well, at least I don't think it is. emoji

I actually don't mind the armor sets(except for the Trillium Armor,of course),but it's the skins that I'm worried about.

I mean,have you seen the Cronk,Zephyr,Cragmite,and Rusty Pete skins.They don't look right because they have to be shrunk to Ratchet's size.

The skins I wouldn't mind wearing are the Snowman,Prison Scrubs,and Mustachio Furioso.

But if I had a choice,it would be Mustachio Furioso because to me,I think of it as a replacement skin for those who want the Trillium armor but don't have the Prison Scrubs yet.But that's just me.

I liked the default armour plate and the green armour, it was nice to see the snowman in Hi-Def, and the prison scrubs were satisfactory once you bought the trillium armour, so you can see Ratchet's eyes and ears! emoji