Thread: Is possible, there will be a Ratchet Movie?

Movie? No
TV show? Mattering on who's involved, I would so watch it. (Also, being how the games are, it would work better as a TV show)

Oh my God, I've been wanting to see a movie/tv show version of RaC since I got the first game, hopefully it'll finally happen! emoji

Deleted user

Well if James is even keen on it, then well… it's possible, but I don't think it'll be that easy though… and if it actually does happen someday, it better not suck XD! Well, as long as they have the right people working with it, then I think it'll be alright.

But I do prefer the games though, getting to move around in those worlds rather than just watch it. But the cutscenes already add the cinematic feel to it.

I don't think an actual R&C movie would be good, a Secret Agent Clank movie however…

I could only see a Ratchet and Clank movie working if it's a collaboration between Insomniac and Pixar Films. NOTHING ELSE.

As for a TV show, it could only work for me if it were traditionally animated and not in CGI. The expenses for a weekly CGI series would be great, and it wouldn't look as good as the game cutscenes.

I think that they should make a movie of the comic storyline… but that's just me emoji

Deleted user
I think that they should make a movie of the comic storyline… but that's just me emoji

You know, that could possibly might work, as long it isn't a big Hollywood Blockbuster film. It could be one of those direct to dvd films like you see in most films based on video game franchises such as Halo or Final Fantasy 7.

If Insomniac are in part to make a film based on the comic version of R&C, I wouldn't mind checking it out.

I'd love to see a ratchet movie, preferably played by Matt Damon because ratchet and clank and totally be up his alley!

Wow… Biggest D*****bag comment, EVER! emoji

I would LOVE to see a Ratchet and Clank movie or TV series (preferably animated) emoji

I'd love to see a ratchet movie, preferably played by Matt Damon because ratchet and clank and totally be up his alley!

What was bad about the comment? I could barely understand it. emoji

Deleted user
I would LOVE to see a Ratchet and Clank movie or TV series (preferably animated) emoji

What kind of Ratchet and Clank fan would say they want Ratchet to be played by Matt Damon? emoji

Citation : insomni-act

Citation : TipsyMcBee

Citation : fantasyboyratcher

What kind of Ratchet and Clank fan would say they want Ratchet to be played by Matt Damon? :hum

who's Matt Damon?

Deleted user
who's Matt Damon?

emoji You're kidding, right?

Normally I would facepalm your response, but being a jerk to others isn't my style.

Perhaps showing a picture of the actor may seem familiar to you.

User image

He's the Bourne Identity folks! emoji

The only acceptable voice actor who could play ratchet would be James Arnold Taylor, and since it would be an animated movie, it wouldn't be any different for him than doing the voice in the game

Deleted user
The only acceptable voice actor who could play ratchet would be James Arnold Taylor, and since it would be an animated movie, it wouldn't be any different for him than doing the voice in the game

You're absolutely right. In fact, JAT (aka James Arnold Taylor) would do well in voice work for animated films too. He has done some voice work in films such as playing as Leonardo from TMNT and the famous Obi Wan Kenobi from Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie.

If he can do voice work in video games (which requires more dialogue than in a TV show or movie), then I'm sure he'll do a-okay for an animated feature film. emoji

AGREED

Well, I think the movie could be really good if they will want to do it so. Anyway, I would be very grateful to Insomniac for it