Thread: Rate Ace Hardlight from 1 to 10

Deleted user

On a score from 1 to 10, what would you rank Ace Hardlight in?

Some people really despise this character, while other think that he's the most awesome thing in the Ratchet and Clank games. I just want to know what are your thoughts about Ace Hardlight? I start first of course.

I would rank Ace at a 7.

I'll be honest, I think that Ace was a total A-hole and was pretty full of himself in Deadlock. I especially didn't like what he did to Al since he was one of my supporting characters in the series (but not as much as Skid). But, when it came to re-watching the scenes again, I actually didn't mind Ace at all. I knew he wasn't a bad person from the beginning and this is where I knew that there was something you felt sorry for Ace, especially when Ratchet defeated him in battle.

Even if I find Deadlock's experience not that memorable, but I did find some characters to be well recognized right away and Ace Hardlight is one of them. I also think his design looked pretty charming too. Reminds me of Earthworm Jim for some odd reason… Guess it's his hair and big muscular body that makes me think of that. emoji

Therefore, I think Ace Hardlight is decent. He isn't a character I adore too much, but a character that I wouldn't mind checking out.

Deleted user

Gnooooo! Everyone else is going to rate him 1 or even 0 emoji emoji ok maybe not XD

But yeah, I'll try and not be biased though. And well, only just late last year I actually became a fan (December) but before then, I would have rated him 5/10 because…

I didn't hate him, nor like him. I was just neutral :P

But then when I started to lurk the series more around the time CiT was released… I noticed in all "Which R&C Character do you hate?" topics on random forums, he was always being bashed and all that and I wondered why. So I went to find out more about him, and then I realized that he has quite a lot of history that ISN'T mentioned anywhere in Deadlocked at all.

As I already showed in this topic

And well after learning that, I started to like him a lot more and now he's my favourite character in the series, as most of you fellas can see here emoji I think his design is really cool too and I love to draw him, but it would have been better if they mentioned his past in the games, then maybe he wont be so hated and misunderstood. I also just find his backstory to be pretty good, which is why I decided to work with it.

So… ya, 9/10 (Would have been 10 if they added his past to the game as well)

Well, at least he has cameos in all the Future series emoji

Deleted user

And I think that would have been the reason why Ace was bashed so much by many Ratchet and Clank fans. If Ace Hardlight's back story and past was ever mentioned in Deadlocked, Ace would of had more love and appreciation by fans today.

But since IG didn't place any back story for the new characters in this Ratchet game, the characters and overall experience felt quite under appreciated and not that important. It's sort of the same thing with some of the supporting cast in A Crack in Time, which we basically know already! So I don't think we should mention it ourselves over and over again about it.

Deleted user

Yeah, actually… all the Exterminators didn't have much story but all other 3 did have something about them in the games, like Reactor being a math teacher, who once dated Courtney Gears, then joined Dreadzone to win her back. Shellshock once was part of the Obani army, almost got destroyed by a cruise missle, and the Eviscerator was (and still is) a Gormet chef.

But Ace, there was nothing about his backstory in the game besides "He was a hero who disapeared years ago and became bad at Dreadzone" nothing else, which is how I can see why people would dislike him and think he became bad for no reason, though there was more to it of course (Which never got mentioned ingame XD)

Ace hardlight eh? I rate him 0.999!!! Lol just joking emoji

I'll be honest tho, I did used to hate him quite a lot, especially when I first got Gladiator back then. But then I found it kinda strange that Insomniac kept him alive in ToD AND let him out of prison in CiT. AND then I saw Tara's sig here and I was like "omg why does she like him so much!?!?!" so I went to find out and…… Yeah I was surprised to find out about his part in the guide, he had a very tough life and I can sorta see how he'd become manipulated by Vox. I fell sorry for the poor guy emoji

But of course he's still very mean and egoistic but he isnt an awful character so I rate him 7/10. His design is kinda cool too though =p

I could rate Ace Hardlight 8 out of 10 because I think he is the best boss in Deadlocked.

10 out of 10 because if you ask me hes a nice guy except when he goes and blows people up emoji

1-10? 1 because he injured one of the strangest characters, Al and he was so annoying in all the scenes, Vox mostly hated him, and he was too easy to fight…

And another problem, I saw him in at least 3 games so far! emoji He's so annoying

When i first played gladiator(deadlocked) i freaking HATED him, but after i defeated him i actually started to like him…i'd say 3/10 in the beginning 9/10 at the end.

i would say 5/10