Thread: Ratchet's Jack@**ery

Deleted user

Did anyone here were annoyed or hated Ratchet's attitude against Clank in the middle of this game?

Did it bug you completely or you didn't mind it one bit?

Well I'll be honest with this one, it was a hit or miss when these two were in conflict with one another. There were moments when Ratchet and Clank were arguing with one another, it became instant comedy. Although, since I am a big fan on the character Clank, there were moments where Ratchet said some pretty harsh comments to Clank. I wasn't too offended about the responses, more like being pretty annoyed overall.

Now I do understand that Ratchet was supposed to be portray as an immature brat for his way to become a hero and having both him and Clank arguing is what made the story dialogue a bit more interesting, but I thought it was a bit over the top. In other words, the conflicts and Ratchet's jerky attitude was a bit too much.

well as we all know that even the closest of friends have a disagreement or a fall out time and again but I must say that in ToD part of me thinks that it's understandable that ratchet gets mad at clank about the zoni cause he can't see nor hear them so thus he dosn't understand about them however the other part of me makes me think to myself 'alright that's far enough ratchet quit been an butthole to clank will ya?'

Deleted user

*I thought he waws kind of mean to clank, but that might be because I just don't like Ratchet for… um… "certain" reasons…

I also didn't like how he'd never believe clank in ToD till the very end, so…

dont call me crazy, but I have something wrong with my mind that makes me hillucinate alot, and have visions and stuff

… AND THAY TELL BE THINGS!

back on topic, ratchet annoyed me more in ToD for some reason, even though he had SOME right to say that clank was crazy, but Ratchet did annoy me when he was harsh on clank… emoji

ratchet annoyed me more in ToD for some reason, even though he had SOME right to say that clank was crazy, but Ratchet did annoy me when he was harsh on clank… :hum

I agree at first ratchet did had some right to say clank was nuts at the start because he couldn't see or hear the zoni like clank does I mean common how can you proof it to someone who can not see/hear them without saying 'I don't belive you' or 'you're crazy' but yeah he became a jerk later on … until the rescue mission of course that's when he starts to think that clank must be right but dosn't want to admit it at first as we all that ratchet can be stubborn as well as been a jerk now and then.

Deleted user

It's interesting that you two thought that Ratchet's conflict with Clank in Tools of Destruction was more irritating and harsh than in the first game.

Their conflict with one another didn't really bug me that much in Tools of Destruction. Sure, Ratchet's comments to Clank were pretty crude, but for someone who cannot see the Zonies unlike Clank could, can you really blame him? Also, I find that once their argument started in TOD, they didn't take a huge grudge on it in every single cutscene. In the first Ratchet and Clank game, there was just a bit too much of the two complaining and bickering in many cutscenes, even if there were some moments that made me laugh. :P

It's interesting that you two thought that Ratchet's conflict with Clank in Tools of Destruction was more irritating and harsh than in the first game.

Their conflict with one another didn't really bug me that much in Tools of Destruction. Sure, Ratchet's comments to Clank were pretty crude, but for someone who cannot see the Zonies unlike Clank could, can you really blame him? Also, I find that once their argument started in TOD, they didn't take a huge grudge on it in every single cutscene. In the first Ratchet and Clank game, there was just a bit too much of the two complaining and bickering in many cutscenes, even if there were some moments that made me laugh. :P

I don't blame ratchet for not seeing nor hearing the zoni as clank does true some cutsecnes of them aregueing are funny but sometimes agruements can be cause a major scenery and sometimes makes you lose a friend I mean I understand in the first game that ratchet was mad at clank for falling for qwark's trick that could have got them both killed but I have to admit it's still funny even in one cutscene where they go.

Clank: I hope the H2O Mask gives oxegen to function your brian properly!
Ratchet: Yeah? well I hope the sea water will rust your moth shut!
Clank: *gasps and turns around*
(something how that goes)

Deleted user
Clank: I hope the H2O Mask gives oxegen to function your brian properly!
Ratchet: Yeah? well I hope the sea water will rust your moth shut!
Clank: *gasps and turns around*
(something how that goes)

emoji That was probably the only time I laughed at their argument. It's also one of my favourite moments in the game too.

It's true. Ratchet was mad at Clank for falling into Qwark's trap. Which I could understand why he would get mad at him for that, but Clank was just too naive to understand that not everyone in the entire galaxy is THAT trustworthy. Plus this was the game that he was first created back at the robot factory, which he's starting to get used to things in the outside world.

I didn't really like Ratchets attitude at first. He was indeed a jerk to Clank throughout the game until the end. It TOD he kinda showed that side again towards Clank.

On another note, since we are mentioning TOD, I think this thread should be moved to the "General Discussions".

Deleted user
On another note, since we are mentioning TOD, I think this thread should be moved to the "General Discussions".

That maybe true, so we'll just see what the Mods and Managers think about this thread in particular.

I only put this topic in the Ratchet and Clank 1 section just because Ratchet portrayed his jerk behaviour the most in the first title. I wasn't expecting members to spoil moments from TOD.

Deleted user

That maybe true, so we'll just see what the Mods and Managers think about this thread in particular.

I only put this topic in the Ratchet and Clank 1 section just because Ratchet portrayed his jerk behaviour the most in the first title. I wasn't expecting members to spoil moments from TOD.

Oh no! I'm sorry! emoji

I'm gonna leave this thread in the Ratchet & Clank section for now, as Ratchet is only really a jerk to clank in the first game, there may have been a bit in R&C:TOD too but nowhere near as much as in the first one

Deleted user

Oh no! I'm sorry! emoji

It's alright P.T. This isn't the first time that this has happened.

i hated ratchet attitude and that clank was a little bit…dumb…

Deleted user
i hated ratchet attitude and that clank was a little bit…dumb…

…I'm fine with your opinion, but care to fully explain why though?

Well, Ratchet's attitudes were good in a way because without that; they would never have become freinds.

Ratchet agreed to help Clank until they found Qwark. After that; Ratchet wanted to get out and explore the universe.
But

Clank led them into Qwark's trap, Ratchet was angry at Clank for being foolish and also wanted to get back at Qwark, Clank wanted to stop Drek, but Ratchet was still fuming about Qwark.
Once Qwark was downed on Oltanis; Ratchet saw the InfoBot and realised the gravity of the situation.
Then, Clank got struck by lightning, and Ratchet felt guilty for not having listened to Clank earlier about Drek, so felt concerned for the little guy