Thread: R&C Comic: Issue 2 Thread

Holy poo! I completely apologize for this! I assumed that the individual talkbacks were for discussing the specific issues with spoilers, while the general thread was spoiler-free. Clearly, I was wrong.

Once again, I apologize. My bad. I did not mean to ruin anyone's experience.

Deleted user
Holy poo! I completely apologize for this! I assumed that the individual talkbacks were for discussing the specific issues with spoilers, while the general thread was spoiler-free. Clearly, I was wrong.

Once again, I apologize. My bad. I did not mean to ruin anyone's experience.

It's alright. Just for future notice, pay attention to the first post in a thread before you actually post a comment. Tara did mention about using spoiler tags once you've read the comic and spoil anything from your Spoiler Review.

I've might of been bummed out about not getting the comic right away before, but that doesn't worry me now, for there is a possibility that I might get my copy of Issue 2 next week or the week after at another comic book store. I also told the cashier guy to reserve a copy for me once they have more copies of the Issue in their stores.

Looks like I took your advice P.T. and it actually worked. Plus I think the Comic Store I went to this week were more generous compared to the other store I went to last weekend. They weren't too helpful when I was looking for Issue 2. emoji

Deleted user

I still havent got Issue 2 emoji because my friend that helps me get the comics wasnt online for over a week (he did come on now though) but I decided I wont get it now, until the 3rd Issue comes. So it'll cost me less with the postage :p

I've already seen a few spoilers by accident though, unfortunately but I'm still going to get it!

My copy FINALLY arrived after a MONTH of waiting.
But it was worth the wait!

emoji

Deleted user

Im hoping to get mine (with the 3rd one) next week… then I can finally review the darn thing XD

Deleted user

I got my copy of issue 2 today and here is my SPOILER review.

I gotta say that issue # 2 was WAY more enjoyable than issue # 1. I had a lot of laughs with this one which had quite a lot of funny dialogue in it, especially the many witty remarks from Ratchet.

The comedy was pretty strong in this one, and also the action sequences too. I kind of liked how it was planned out here in the plot, especially when you have new characters like General Glahm (the Agorian Prisoner) and returning characters like Cronk and Zephyr appear in this epic prison escape.

The comic's ending was quite surprising and even dark than the ending of the first issue, such as General Glahm sacrificing his life to let Ratchet and Clank escape out of prison or when Zogg released the Prison Administrator Klink out of the garbage disposable chute into space (pretty much killing off a supporting character, which I don't think other villains from previous Ratchet games has ever done that before).

Cameos have been little in this one, but at least they were enjoyable than the first issue. There was a poster of Courtney Gears in Ratchet and Clank's prison cell and the appearance of Cronk and Zephyr, which I have mentioned earlier.

I think my only nitpick with this comic was the following:

How come Zogg didn't take Ratchet's omni-wrench away when he send both Ratchet and Clank into prison? Maybe he did earlier, but when Ratchet was in the cafeteria confronting with General Glahm and the other cell inmates, he takes his omni-wrench out when they start to fight one another. Maybe I've misread this part, so I could be wrong about this. Oh well, at least it was cool to see Clank using Ratchet's wrench in some segments of the comic.

Other than that, this was an enjoyable read. I liked this one over the first issue, with nicely presented panels from beginning to end. Definitely a must recommend for those who are into Ratchet and Clank and the comics.

I'm giving this one an 8.5 out of 10.

P.S. I spotted a Kerchu prisoner on one of the panels that looked quite identical to one of Tara's fan-art based off her fan-fiction. Quite surprisingly creepy if you ask me. emoji

How come Zogg didn't take Ratchet's omni-wrench away when he send both Ratchet and Clank into prison? Maybe he did earlier, but when Ratchet was in the cafeteria confronting with General Glahm and the other cell inmates, he takes his omni-wrench out when they start to fight one another. Maybe I've misread this part, so I could be wrong about this. Oh well, at least it was cool to see Clank using Ratchet's wrench in some segments of the comic.

I believe I can answer this:

When Zogg has them taken away to prison, Ratchet exclaims that "he thought he was his biggest fan". Zogg remembers this, and orders that Ratchet be given his wrench, saying that he'll need it in prison. Zogg does genuinely respect the heroes, and as shown in the third issue, this is completely in-character. Not the smartest move, mind you, but it could be chalked up to overconfidence.
Deleted user
I believe I can answer this:

When Zogg has them taken away to prison, Ratchet exclaims that "he thought he was his biggest fan". Zogg remembers this, and orders that Ratchet be given his wrench, saying that he'll need it in prison. Zogg does genuinely respect the heroes, and as shown in the third issue, this is completely in-character. Not the smartest move, mind you, but it could be chalked up to overconfidence.

Oh alright then. It just didn't make sense to me at first.

I was also surprised that…

It took 3 months for Ratchet and Clank to get out of the Vartax Detention Facility. Sure, some of the characters have mentioned that the security is tight, but seriously… I think Ratchet and Clank could of gotten out within less than 3 months, especially when Ratchet had his wrench with him for a long time. But then again, that is just my opinion about that part.

It took 3 months for Ratchet and Clank to get out of the Vartax Detention Facility. Sure, some of the characters have mentioned that the security is tight, but seriously… I think Ratchet and Clank could of gotten out within less than 3 months, especially when Ratchet had his wrench with him for a long time. But then again, that is just my opinion about that part.

I took that for humor effect. They both talk about how they can get out in a couple of day, but in the very next page, you see "Three months later…"
Deleted user

ARGH!!!! I was writing a review for this but then on my mouse I accidentally clicked the "back" button and I lost all the writing emoji emoji emoji ok time to start again…

First off, me and my little brother sat down to read this issue together and we loved it! He did especially, and thankfully he didn't get all hyper about it and start jumping around on the bed XD we just sat there and read out panels together. It's certainly FAR better than the first issue! And so it's time for my spoiler review…

Ok first off, I found it rather interesting how Zogg is a fan of Ratchet & Clank emoji and hates Qwark too… and yeah, now I can already see how Qwark has something to do with this whole mess too, as always XD that goon!!!

But yeah I really liked it, fun to see Courtney Gears on a poster too and I also laughed when I saw Kerchu prisoner too! Just like in my Fanfiction XD and they even serve Drophyd! That's also in my fanfiction too in Zordoom! (except they served it fresh because of the high number of Drophyds in prison after Tachyon was defeated, lol) so I found that very funny XD!!! Thankfully Ace isn't in prison here though!

I also rather like General Glahm too, he's a cool Agorian character. Quite a smart fella too and I wasn't expecting him to be a good guy who knows Cronk and Zephyr. And the Space Pirate that worked with Clank was an interesting fella too. I liked seeing all the different prisoners going biserk too in the final few pages XD The fight scenes in prison also cracked me up and the action looked brillant. Adam Archer is such a great artist, and Jonny's colours also look sweet too, as they always did.

And well not much else I can say besides the fact that I enjoyed it a lot! Far better than the first issue! Me and my bro will be reading the 3rd one later today… emoji

Deleted user

I took that for humor effect. They both talk about how they can get out in a couple of day, but in the very next page, you see "Three months later…"

True true. I was aware that part was just for the humour. Kind of surprising, but it did made me laugh a bit. emoji

I liked this issue a lot too, and I also have to say that some of it did sort of remind me of the Zordoom scenes from Fallen Star too o_O!

anyway, I did like the characters in this one and the humorous dialog from Ratchet made me laugh too emoji