Thread: Movies You Like, But Most People Hate

Deleted user

Are there movies that you like to watch, but not too many people like it?

I've met at least a few people who didn't like the movies I liked and they are the following:

Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
I could see why this movie may not be for everyone. They would either say "It's definitely too boring and corny for this time" or "Snow White is too naive and annoying throughout this movie".

It may not be an entertaining film like Aladdin or the Little Mermaid, but it's the artistic approach and animations is really capturing and quite inspiring. Which is one reason why I like this Disney classic a bit more than to those who find it boring and stupid.

Cool World
Okay, I do have to agree with people that this movie isn't that spectacular. But there are a few elements that I like about it though, such as the dark environments and some of the voice casts of the animated characters.

Billy Madison
I find that some people think that the newer films starring Adam Sandler are way better than this film, which I think that it's pretty ridiculous. It's like saying that the new Simpsons episodes are better than the old episodes.

Adam Sandler films are stupid to begin with, but when it comes to memorable quotes and humour from the actor, I find Billy Madison to be the most memorable one.

Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame
I think my sister and I are the only people who find this Disney movie amazing. People I know have found the film to be too dark for a Disney film… No offense, but I find that reason pathetic. Disney always had dark elements in their animated features. Always have, always will.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the big ones that people tend to criticize on.

Deleted user

Okay.

Shark Boy and Lava Girl
people said it was too kiddish, but c'mon! It had a great story line IMO.

MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME WITH 4 STARS and no one agrees that it's a great movie. Destruction and a good story line, a great combination… its just there was a couple of parts where the kids in my class started to be super retards/ perverts, Like: "DUR HUR HUR the zipper looks like d***!" i mean, come on!

Children of Men. Most people I know didn't like it.

Deleted user

I really, really like The Hunchback of Notre Dame too! I think that movie is amazing too.

I like most of the Disney/Pixar films.
But all of my friends say that they are for babies, so I just point out things like in WALL-E, a baby wouldn't understand the stuff about pollution and with UP, a baby wouldn't understand any of the main plot about the main character (who's name I forget) trying to fulfil his wife's dream.

Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of Disney's most underrated works if you ask me. It's a fantastic movie. As for people claiming it was too dark for a Disney film: What the hell! Disney was always dark, just in different ways.

Notre Dame is also the most adult out of all of them, when it came to the subject matter at least. When was the last time you saw religion and sexual themes in a Disney film?! It also has one of my fav Disney villains, let alone villain songs.

It's overall a great film that's overlooked. Not my fav Disney film, but still one of the better ones =3

As for ones I like and everyone hates.

Anastasia and Titan AE

I'm putting these together mainly because both are Don Bluth films which I enjoy.

The 90's didn't treat him well. Most of his films were either mediocre or just plan crap, bit it wasn't until the late 90's and 2000 when I think it got better for him with his two animated films with Fox. Both of these get lots of hate, and I never understood why being I thought both were enjoyable films.

Anastasia is said to be a Disney Rip-off. While I won't disagree with that claim, at least it was a GOOD Disney rip off, compare to The Pebble and the Penguin and Thumbelina, which were just plain crap (ok, Thumbelina wasn't all that painful, but it still wasn't good neither). The music was pretty good, the characters were fun and I did enjoy the story. It was overall a fun movie, but people do seem to hate it. It got good reviews though I believe, it's just hated by the fans.

Titan AE, on the other hand, while it did get good reviews (More mix than anything), It didn't do well in the box office compare to Anastasia. In fact, it Bombed, causing Fox Animation to close down (this could be blamed on the marketing though).

Kinda a shame though being it was a fun movie too. Action packed, fun characters and I, again, enjoyed the story. It was like a animated version of Star Wars or Battlestar Galactica.

Also the animation was badass, but the CGI didn't age too well than the 2D.

Overall, two good movies that for whatever reason get hate from Bluth fans, and I still understand the hate. Grated, they aren't his best work (his 80's were his strong point, Secret of NIMB and An American Tale are my favs for the record), but still good films.

Well, at least to me. Oh well.

Deleted user
Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of Disney's most underrated works if you ask me. It's a fantastic movie. As for people claiming it was too dark for a Disney film: What the hell! Disney was always dark, just in different ways.

Notre Dame is also the most adult out of all of them, when it came to the subject matter at least. When was the last time you saw religion and sexual themes in a Disney film?! It also has one of my fav Disney villains, let alone villain songs.

It's overall a great film that's overlooked. Not my fav Disney film, but still one of the better ones =3

You can pretty much say the same thing with Fantasia too. It's one film that not too many people could get into just because it's animated segments performing classical music. In other words, Classical Music equals boring to most people.

Just like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, it's another Disney classic that I find to be very inspiring and powerful. Night at Bald Mountain segment is one example that makes Fantasia amazing, which is probably the darkest moment in any Disney film I've ever watched.

I've heard people said that Princess and the Frog was too dark for kids just because of Dr.Facilier shadow minions. It was eerie at first, but they are not that scary compared to Chernabog from Fantasia.

As for ones I like and everyone hates.

Anastasia and Titan AE

I'm putting these together mainly because both are Don Bluth films which I enjoy.

I thought Titan A.E. was actually a decent Bluth film. It wasn't the best though, but it did had a unique premise with interesting settings and characters throughout. I will agree the CGI animations was probably the only thing that didn't look too superb in Titan A.E.

As for Anastasia, I watched it in theaters as a kid, but I cannot really watch this film again today. I think it isn't as atrocious as Bluth's early 90's film like A Troll in Central Park or Pebble and the Penguin, but there are moments in Anastasia that kind of have those Disney-Rip Off elements. The "In the Dark of the Night" music segment is one example of this. It's an awesome villain song, but why have pink bugs in the picture? emoji

so far the only film I know that I sorta liked that many people dosn't like is cool world

You can pretty much say the same thing with Fantasia too. It's one film that not too many people could get into just because it's animated segments performing classical music. In other words, Classical Music equals boring to most people.

Just like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, it's another Disney classic that I find to be very inspiring and powerful. Night at Bald Mountain segment is one example that makes Fantasia amazing, which is probably the darkest moment in any Disney film I've ever watched.

I've heard people said that Princess and the Frog was too dark for kids just because of Dr.Facilier shadow minions. It was eerie at first, but they are not that scary compared to Chernabog from Fantasia.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Fantasia and Night at Bald Mountain.

I liked the movie, but I can understand why people don't like too much, but I think it's a matter of taste. Personally, while I may not love Fantasia, I still really like it. It also helps being I'm a huge music fan and often picture things in head that may go with the music. So this movie was kinda a treat for me.

As for Anastasia, I watched it in theaters as a kid, but I cannot really watch this film again today. I think it isn't as atrocious as Bluth's early 90's film like A Troll in Central Park or Pebble and the Penguin, but there are moments in Anastasia that kind of have those Disney-Rip Off elements. The "In the Dark of the Night" music segment is one example of this. It's an awesome villain song, but why have pink bugs in the picture? emoji

I remember loving Anastasia when I was younger, and I have seen a bit of it as of late and I still enjoyed it. Not as much as a kid, but still thought it was a good movie.

And lol, what you said about "in the Dark of the Night" made me thing of Doug Walker's 'NC's Top 11 Villains Songs'. He pretty much summed it up as this: When you hear it alone, it made you think of something out of a MeatLoaf album, but seeing and hearing in the music in the film, you're like '…pink bugs?'

I really didn't find this to bother me too much though, being I found those kind of moments minor and didn't take away my enjoyment of the film. But it comes down to a matter of taste really.

Deleted user
I remember loving Anastasia when I was younger, and I have seen a bit of it as of late and I still enjoyed it. Not as much as a kid, but still thought it was a good movie.

And lol, what you said about "in the Dark of the Night" made me thing of Doug Walker's 'NC's Top 11 Villains Songs'. He pretty much summed it up as this: When you hear it alone, it made you think of something out of a MeatLoaf album, but seeing and hearing in the music in the film, you're like '…pink bugs?'

I really didn't find this to bother me too much though, being I found those kind of moments minor and didn't take away my enjoyment of the film. But it comes down to a matter of taste really.

…FAIL! emoji

Yeah, I am aware of that NC moment since I am a fan of Doug Walker's videos after all. emoji