Thread: Lord Vorselon = Assassian's Creed?

Deleted user

Vorselon's role as a Terraklon Assassian is similar to that of Assassian's Creed's style a little bit I and my friends have noticed. If you think about it, wouldn't it be cool to have a prequel Ratchet and Clank game that explains things like Vorselon's history, the Great War, etc. I mean, it would be different from the Ratchet and Clank style, but still, I think it would work and would be interesting.

EDIT: For those of you who thought I meant crossover, I didn't, I simpily meant Vorselon having similar moves to the Assassians in AC, which would be alright because Insomniac Games are known for putting refrences from other games into their games.

uh dude? do you know that picture of Vorselon you used is SweetTea's art? you really should give credit to her work instead of just taking it without asking. :/

I hope not to offend SweetT when I say this but when I saw this I facepalmed as I just don't see this work very well as a mix at all I know everyone has thier opinion about one game mixed with another but for me this will not mix well sorry SweetT emoji

Deleted user

is insomniac even allowed to do crossovers like that? with copyright and all? and i'm sorry, but i dont think it would be a good idea for insomniac to crossover with another existing game- it might just… I dont think it would have the RC feel to it. I mean, even though A4O is an exception I like the games focusing on just Ratchet and Clank. Sure, I have a favorite character, good for fanfiction maybe, but a spinoff game focusing on him or other characters that arent primary characters might just be a bit awkward…

I hope not to offend SweetT when I say this but when I saw this I facepalmed as I just don't see this work very well as a mix at all I know everyone has thier opinion about one game mixed with another but for me this will not mix well sorry SweetT emoji

Why would I be offend? I didn't approve of this, he just took my picture for whatever reason (please DO NOT do that again! OR you'll have a pissed off Sweettea on your case)so it seems like I'm for it. I personally think it's a horrible idea for a game, let alone not necessary. Sure, Vorselon is a kickass character and villain, but no. Just…no.

If anything, write a fanfic or do a joke picture, otherwise no.

Why would I be offend? I didn't approve of this, he just took my picture for whatever reason (please DO NOT do that again! OR you'll have a pissed off Sweettea on your case)so it seems like I'm for it. I personally think it's a horrible idea for a game, let alone not necessary. Sure, Vorselon is a kickass character and villain, but no. Just…no.

If anything, write a fanfic or do a joke picture, otherwise no.

I'm really glad that you're not offened and I agree with you about that but don't worry I think I'll have a word with neffy about this on skype later.

Deleted user

Woah…woah, guys this picture was just a joke that people I know made online emoji And I wasn't talking about a crossover, smart one, I meant a prequel that could HAVE Vorselon as a Terraklon Assassian before his body was destroyed and, as a refrence to AC, have him do moves that are like that game. Insomniac Games has always been known for putting refrences to other things in their games, I see no reason even if a game like this was made that they shouldn't. I didn't mean to offend ANYONE by bringing this picture up, all I wanted to do was see what people think of this idea. I seem to always somehow make SweetT upset, well listen, first of all, that pic is not by me and it was made as a joke by people I know who claim they know you on deviantART.

Deleted user

Uhh no idea what's going on here o_O? What picture? Maybe I'm a bit late to see what the fuss was all about, lol…

But yeah, I haven't even played the Assasins Creed games before, so I'm not sure what to say about that XD but I'm sure Vorselon did have an interesting past. But I think other characters would be better suited for their own prequal games but we know it most likely will never happen, or else it wouldn't be 'Ratchet & Clank' emoji

Deleted user

maybe mini games or cutscenes about characters' past? I wouldnt do much more though… but why does it have to be based off another game?

Deleted user
maybe mini games or cutscenes about characters' past? I wouldnt do much more though… but why does it have to be based off another game?

That's a pretty good idea, if not a Vorselon based video game. A Great War video game, however, would be much more likely.

Deleted user
EDIT: For those of you who thought I meant crossover, I didn't, I simpily meant Vorselon having similar moves to the Assassians in AC, which would be alright because Insomniac Games are known for putting refrences from other games into their games.

That might be true because it's hard to find a game franchise these days that isn't completely original, but it really depends on what kind of gameplay elements the game developers put into their games.

Ratchet and Clank with an Assassin's Creed take will not work well because R&C isn't an open world game first of all and second, the ESRB rating of a Ratchet game is completely different compared to Assassin's Creed.

There were gameplay elements from other games that appeared in "A Crack in Time", but the games that IG were inspired with were on games that either had charming appearances or other franchises with platforming gameplay. Game franchises such as Super Mario, Braid and Star Fox would be a few examples of what I saw while playing ACIT.

Deleted user

That might be true because it's hard to find a game franchise these days that isn't completely original, but it really depends on what kind of gameplay elements the game developers put into their games.

Ratchet and Clank with an Assassin's Creed take will not work well because R&C isn't an open world game first of all and second, the ESRB rating of a Ratchet game is completely different compared to Assassin's Creed.

There were gameplay elements from other games that appeared in "A Crack in Time", but the games that IG were inspired with were on games that either had charming appearances or other franchises with platforming gameplay. Game franchises such as Super Mario, Braid and Star Fox would be a few examples of what I saw while playing ACIT.

Well, I meant maybe some elements in a prequel RC game for Vorselon from Assassians Creed, you know as a joke. AC's ESRB doesn't count, I'm talking about adding Assassian-like gameplay for Vorselon, IE Vorselon doing steath attacks. Do you get my point? Work with me here.

Deleted user
Well, I meant maybe some elements in a prequel RC game for Vorselon from Assassians Creed, you know as a joke. AC's ESRB doesn't count, I'm talking about adding Assassian-like gameplay for Vorselon, IE Vorselon doing steath attacks. Do you get my point? Work with me here.

Even as a parody or one moment in a gameplay, I still don't think it will not work.

I cannot see any moments from Ratchet and Clank, even if you play as a supporting character to have extreme stealth gameplay, period. That is just my final opinion on it.

As for a prequel game, I don't think I would want that in the series. Just let the story plots move on further and let the cutscenes talk about any back stories and memories pasts from any characters, what-so-ever. It would probably confuse new players even more since R&C is a bit of a simple concept compared to the Jak series and maybe even Sly Cooper. Again, that is just my opinion.