Thread: TV shows that were popular that you never got

Deleted user

Whether it was an old or recent show, was there a show that became so well known that you never got how it became popular in the first place?

Here are my choices…

Glee - I am aware why people seem to like this show with the likable characters and tough high school scenarios that appears in each episode. But to me, it's High School Musical mixed with Degrassi High, with unoriginal music and cheesy humour. I am not crazy about this show compared to most of the people I hang out with.

The Cleveland Show - It's Family Guy, but with a black family. I seriously have no idea which audience would watch an animated show like this.

The Office (both the UK and US version) - Some people may find this show funny, but I find it pretty boring. The silent awkward conversations with strange camera work that looks like you're in the same room that the characters are just never got my attention.

Tosh.O - It's basically a crude version of Talk Soup. I don't mind some of the humour, like the skits for example, but the jokes and other material there is rather mean and pretty stupid.

Teletubbies - Yeah, I went there sister! I never got why kids around my age (when I was in grade 7 at the time) would watch this show. It's just a mindless infant show with strange beings talking in baby gibberish. And Tinky Winky sounds like a sexual innuendo for a character to be named in a baby show.

Spongebob Sqaurepants - I actually don't mind some episodes and there were a few jokes that cracked me up, but later seasons and certain segments of the show did annoy me up the roof. I also didn't get how people became too obsessed by a yellow sponge character with a dumb*** starfish as his best friend? It's something different I guess, but I found most of the characters obnoxious, except for minor background characters, Plankton and sometimes even Squidward once in a while. So I guess it depends on what the characters say that would make me laugh out a chuckle or two.

And I guess that's all I can think of.

I also didn't get how people became too obsessed by a yellow sponge character with a dumb*** starfish as his best friend?

^THIS. 'Specially Patrick.

I never really got any show like Ed, Edd, andEddy (or something like that) and most cartoon shows, or comedy shows like Family Guy. I guess, that's just the mature me talking…

Deleted user

I also didn't get how people became too obsessed by a yellow sponge character with a dumb*** starfish as his best friend?

^THIS. 'Specially Patrick.

I never really got any show like Ed, Edd, and Eddy (or something like that) and most cartoon shows, or comedy shows like Family Guy. I guess, that's just the mature me talking…

Yeah, Ed, Edd and Eddy was also another show I never got its humour. Plus I found the art style in the show not that great to be honest. But seeing it's animations in the show is probably better than most of the kids programming that are out now. Shows like Johnny Test or Phineas and Ferb may have the strongest "entertaining comedy" in a kids programming right now, but the art style and animations are just down right ugly.

Deleted user

I can't stand Ed Ed and Eddy. it started most the "Boys are better than girls" stupid talk at my school too. I can't stand that show… I have to admit i use to love Chalkzone, and still don't mind the show, but i hate new shows that are like…*GASP*

Fanboy And CHumchum.

Worst show. EVER. i may be an invader zim fangirl, but i can tell when theres a show thats good to watch when your in a bad mood or whatever, and when theres a show that is just plain STUPID.

F&B, (the show below) and E,E&E are at the top of the "stupidest cartoons i've ever known IN MY LIFE" list. that's all I'm really saying.

oh, and one more off the long list…

DEGRASSI

all it is is a teen show of pointless sexual relationship conflict and some scattered crude jokes. I can't stand this show to the point where i threw my remote at the wall.

Despite what you are saying, I really like Spongebob alot.Its been out for about 11 years now and I kinda grew up with it :P. other than that, I despise family guy, Fanboy and Chumchum, and what's with that series called "Supah Ninjas?" Obviously, Nickelodeon is running out of fresh new shows to keep audiences excited, and they are really coming up with some stupid shows. Also, that show "House of Anubis" is really pointless and honestly, how long can a mystery go on?

Deleted user

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned I-Carly yet… unless they actually like the show themselves.

But when I first saw a glimpse of I-Carly with my younger cousins, I immediately left the room or fell asleep. I don't remember which one though since this happened a few years ago.