Thread: SPOILERS: The Ending... What did you think?

Deleted user

Alright, it's that topic… emoji so please do not read any of the marked spoilers if you wish to not be spoiled!

Ok so what did you think about it? About Nefarious, in particular. To be honest, I actually went "awww…." and I'm not even a big fan of Nefarious XD but I now have a lot more respect for him as a character, I have to say.
I also was not expecting Qwark to ever save his life too, earlier on. And that part when they talked about their High School past… I was like "Whoa… is that for real?" lol emoji

I also found the story interesting, with the whole Loki Master and such (Although I was a bit confused for a while, since I missed some things) but I'm glad Mr Dinkles wasn't really evil, since he is just so cute XD but overall, I did enjoy the story a lot. Even if my fav character wasn't even mentioned this time, but it was still a lot of fun and more unpredictable than I thought.

All the new characters in the game were great too. Like Commander Spog, Susie, the hilarious Dr Croid emoji and I like the critters too.
Yeah, when Nefarious said he always considered Qwark as a friend, I got a bit confused, as in UYA it's clearly stated that Qwark was the worst of the ones bullying Nefarious in High School, and that is where the rivalry actually started, only to be made worse after Qwark had beaten Nefarious in his plans which led to Nef losing his entire body and having to transfer into a robot. I thought that it would be impossible for him to stop being hostile against Qwark, but apparently I was wrong as in the end he saved Qwark. Maybe he thought he couldn't stand owing one for Qwark and wanted to even out, but still it looked like Nefarious isn't going to plan anything in the near future - for change.

But what the ending IMO clarified is that IG isn't going to end the series any time soon as long as the choice in their hands.

I don't know, I guess the ending was bound to happen. I mean, it's an "E" rated game, and generally, if you stick the villain in a group of heroes and force them to work together, that villain is likely to have a sort of change of heart.

But I think my favorite part at the end was when Nefarious saved Qwark. Am I the only one that noticed Nefarious BITCHSMACK that thing? Oh, I cheered. The photo at the end made me smile too.

Even more reason why I totally ship Nefarious x GlaDOS.

No doubt about it, it's fanfic fuel.

Also, I had a bit of a non-Nefarious-related spoiler backfire:

Way before this game was released, I read on the R&C wiki that Susie (back when her name was Scamp) would be revealed to be Dr Croid's daughter. In the game when they said Susie was an orphan, I was expecting a revelation and reunion of some sort. They probably had a good reason to cut out this plot device, but still, it was a little surprising and disappointing.
I really liked the Nefarious ending, Im hoping he will be in ItN somehow and they arent telling us as a surprise :P either way I hope he comes back and gets his own storyline, not as a villian but as someone learning what it is to be good if you know what i mean emoji
I've always imagined an ending of some future game with Rachet falling down for a certain death and suddenly Nefarious appears in his (ok, "borrowed" from Cronk and Zephyr) ship and suck him into his Vac-Um (I don't think it's the way you write that) emoji

I've always imagined an ending of some future game with Rachet falling down for a certain death and suddenly Nefarious appears in his (ok, "borrowed" from Cronk and Zephyr) ship and suck him into his Vac-Um (I don't think it's the way you write that) emoji

do you think they will explore the whole 'nefarious-turning-good' thing in the movies, i know he is in the movie but thats pretty much all they have said
Nefarious turned good (I guess he did) in A4O, before this, he was evil for quite some time. I'm sure he will be evil in a movie. Actually (since the Drek is main villain), I think he will appear at the end as a "suprise" (wich I expected, and now everyone does thanks to the way they promote the movie on Twitter and Facebook. I just hope they won't reveal the whole plot…
Deleted user

I thought the ending was very quick lol,there was no crude humour in the game eitheir :/ hopefully we'll see more humour in The Nexus

I thought the ending was very quick lol,there was no crude humour in the game eitheir :/ hopefully we'll see more humour in The Nexus

There actually was some humour in A4O, thought Insomniacs never went back to the crude humour of R&C 3…
Glad to see you around again emoji

There actually was some humour in A4O, thought Insomniacs never went back to the crude humour of R&C 3…
Glad to see you around again emoji

Only seeing that

"Glad to see you around again"

now emoji cheers emoji