Thread: Really Random thread

Well, without anyone to voice the characters (*cough* Kubak *cough*), a story told with visuals is the best option.

And by the way, is there something wrong with RG's server? Accessing the site feels unusually slow even though my internet connection is fine.

When I try to access it on my phone, it takes a while. It stays blank until I refresh it. Then it loads the mobile version.

(I also just ruined my 5555 post count)

User image

Did someone say 5555? emoji

Poor Fives. Killed before he could reveal the biggest conspiracy of the Clone Wars.

Speaking of Crash. I came across this ad in an old magazine. I had to look twice emoji

Translation
*He's got to have them all!
**Now available on Nintendo GameCube!

User image

Looks like Japan got a friend in the list of "countries with the weirdest ads".

Oh, this isn't a French exclusive. This released all over Europe. emoji
(may have released in the US too, but I can't confirm)

I see people talking about new Crash Bandicoot emoji actually I've expected this and I'm glad you guys talked about it x3
I thought only the first game was made harder? Warped seems fine though.

Well, the first game only has three moves: walk, jump, and twirl. The next two have more moves, so they are a bit easier.

Remakes are actually harder, though

EDIT:This happens because crash has a pill hitbox

If they didn't use a capsule (pill) collider on PSX, what did they use then? Because a capsule should minimize the hitbox, not enlarge it.

Just looked it up. Turns out they added more collision points. Like to Crash' nose.

And THAT,in turn, causes wonky collisions.

I guess they used the same hit box for Coco, because when you play as her, she's even easier to get killed with.

Yup. Her ponytail also has a collider. Why?! xD
Maybe they even put a mesh collider on them instead of a primitive. A mesh collider covers every single polygon on a model.

User image

Ratchet and Clank The Hunter. This episode's full of dialogue and little action, but tune in next week for Lombax vs Nature!

User image

Ratchet and Clank The Hunter. This episode's full of dialogue and little action, but tune in next week for Lombax vs Nature!

*ends with a cliffhanger* OH COME ON!

I like this one! Also; cliffhanger yay!

User image

Movie review: Dunkirk
(I'll try to make it major spoiler-free, buy I'll put it in spoiler)

Dunkirk takes place in the beach town of Dunkirk in 1940, where around 300,000 British and French soldiers were trapped, waiting for rescue ships to come. It has 3 viewpoints: one from the troops on the beach, one from a group of civillian sailors, and another one from a formation of 3 Spitfires. It really showed the audience about how desperate and hopeless the situation was, aided by the epic soundtracks and sound effects, making the audience feel like they're in the war zone. It's slow paced for a war film, and it wasn't exactly about heroic soldiers doing the best for their country. It emphasized on humanity, survival, and the horrors of war. Although it has some slight inaccuracies, it's nevertheless still an epic movie. I rate it 9.5/10.

User image

I'm over the WWII movies at this point. I've just seen too many, so that is a definite skip for me. I can't wait to see Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets though!