Thread: The whole UYA story remade into a Comic!

So yeah, i recently wondered why i don't have any Fan-Art, even though i actually draw alot.
After digging through my piles of art emoji, i realized that i have little to no fan-art of specifically Ratchet And Clank, but yet i remember spending hours and hours on drawing Ratchet And Clank stuff, like weapons, characters and enemies.

And then it came to my mind, i finally found something that i could actually upload.
When i was 8-9 years old, we all had that "Something-Club" thing going on, where everybody started to invent stuff like "Secret Language Club", "Girls Club" and that kind of stuff emoji. Basically a group of students, who were members of an organization with their own handshakes and rules. Most of those clubs just faded away after a few months, but then i came. And, you know me, when i start something, it's gonna be BIG.. emoji

So at the age of 8 i started something called the "Ninja Club". Basically, each member would be a character in "my own" comic series. We would play around in the break and fight imaginary bad guys on the playground. :oui:
That club was alive until the end of the primary school (that was 4 friggin years), and even continued in secondary school, though the members weren't really active near the fifth year of primary school, but i just kept drawing the comics.

So why am i posting this here? emoji Well, guess why i wrote 'My own comic series' in quotation marks..
That was the time when i started really falling in love with the Ratchet And Clank universe, so much, that i decided to base the whole "Ninja Club" on the Storyline of Ratchet And Clank UYA.

The members in my club would play the role of Ratchet, and one specific member would be Clank. They would visit the same planets, battle the same enemies and use some of the weapons that Ratchet used as well, with addition of some weapons that i invented myself.

So the concept was made, and i went on and on drawing those comics, at home or even at school. (I'm such a bad-boy emoji ) Turned out to be a huge pile of paper, with up to 16 Issues, each containing an average of 15 sheets of paper. They might not always be really detailed, but they are pretty enjoyable. I added my Aster-ish style into it after all. emoji

These are all the Ninja Club Comics in my folder:
User image

I think it's really interesting, seeing how my style has improved/changed over the year, and also, it is interesting seeing my interpretation of UYA characters and things.

For example, here's the Tyhrranoid Mech from my first comic, back when i was 8/9 years old, and under that is him from a later issue, where i was about 12.
User image User image
Some interesting notes:

- When i finally realized, that it actually was a 2-eyed Tyhrranoid sitting inside of a machine, and not simply a head mounted on top, i was pretty much halfway through the series, so i just kept the design. emoji
- Notice the color change from a red to a reddish brown.
- The whole character lost some of it's "mechanic-ness" but gained alot more fluidity in the style.
- The eyes don't bend as awkwardly as the first one, and the teeth changed from an underbite to an overbite. emoji

Also, here are the Ninja Club members. (Pretty interesting art style actually..)
User image User image

The only way to really tell them apart from one another, is by the triangle-ish shape on their chest, which changes color with each member. The yellow one on top is called "X Ninja", the one guy who replaces Clank. That's why he says: "Good Question, Maxymilian, i never lose." (Now that's an interesting way to write Maximilian..)

So here comes my question to you guys, my fellow Ratchet And Clank Lovers emoji:

Would you like me to post the full, scanned comics here? It's quite alot of work, and if there's nobody that really wants to see it, i don't think it's worth it. I would also have to translate them, since they're all in German. And if you really want me to upload them, should i make a new thread, and under what category? I mean.. it technically is Ratchet And Clank UYA, right?

UYA and ninjas? Hmmm, why not?
I think it's… cute… and to think that you actually finished it, I couldn't bring myself to finish my Ratchet and Clank comics, guess I was just too lazy.

Anyway… how would you tell the other ninjas apart if only one of them had a mark?

EDIT: Yes, I'd like to see a translated version.

Oh no, they all have that sign on their chest, but everyone has a different color. For example, X Ninja, the one who plays the role of Clank, has a yellow sign, but there is also a red one, a blue one, and so on.

The problem is, that there are so many members, that it's virtually impossible to remember all of them. I actually ran out of colors, so some Ninjas had two colors.. emoji
I know, it's mega-complicated, but the way the comic was built, each Ninja (except X Ninja) didn't really have much of a special personality or backstory. They all were just some Ninja dudes who fought.

Also, just to make it a little easier to follow, the Speech Balloons of the Ninjas also show the color of the sign.

And also, those aren't just normal Ninjas, they were "Elemental Ninjas". Basically, they all had an element.. Including things like "Light", "Nitro" or even friggin "Slime" emoji ..yea i really struggled to create new Ninjas for each member emoji
And they all had a pretty lame special ability, which was to shoot a beam out of their hands, and that beam had the color of their Sign. The "Ice" beam doesn't freeze the enemy, "Fire" doesn't burn, it simply was like a different colored Flux Rifle shot that fired out of their Hands… boring emoji

I just recently read some of the comics again, and it's pretty accurate actually.. You could really find out at which part of the map they were. :oui:

All right, I can't wait to read it, even if it has half robot thyrranoids and ninjas with elemental powers that aren't actually elemental.
I expect it to be a huge R&C rip-off, but don't worry, we were all were like that once.

It is such a ripoff that i call it a recreation emoji

So yeah, i recently wondered why i don't have any Fan-Art, even though i actually draw alot.
After digging through my piles of art emoji, i realized that i have little to no fan-art of specifically Ratchet And Clank, but yet i remember spending hours and hours on drawing Ratchet And Clank stuff, like weapons, characters and enemies.

And then it came to my mind, i finally found something that i could actually upload.
When i was 8-9 years old, we all had that "Something-Club" thing going on, where everybody started to invent stuff like "Secret Language Club", "Girls Club" and that kind of stuff emoji. Basically a group of students, who were members of an organization with their own handshakes and rules. Most of those clubs just faded away after a few months, but then i came. And, you know me, when i start something, it's gonna be BIG.. emoji

So at the age of 8 i started something called the "Ninja Club". Basically, each member would be a character in "my own" comic series. We would play around in the break and fight imaginary bad guys on the playground. :oui:
That club was alive until the end of the primary school (that was 4 friggin years), and even continued in secondary school, though the members weren't really active near the fifth year of primary school, but i just kept drawing the comics.

So why am i posting this here? emoji Well, guess why i wrote 'My own comic series' in quotation marks..
That was the time when i started really falling in love with the Ratchet And Clank universe, so much, that i decided to base the whole "Ninja Club" on the Storyline of Ratchet And Clank UYA.

The members in my club would play the role of Ratchet, and one specific member would be Clank. They would visit the same planets, battle the same enemies and use some of the weapons that Ratchet used as well, with addition of some weapons that i invented myself.

So the concept was made, and i went on and on drawing those comics, at home or even at school. (I'm such a bad-boy emoji ) Turned out to be a huge pile of paper, with up to 16 Issues, each containing an average of 15 sheets of paper. They might not always be really detailed, but they are pretty enjoyable. I added my Aster-ish style into it after all. emoji

These are all the Ninja Club Comics in my folder:
User image

I think it's really interesting, seeing how my style has improved/changed over the year, and also, it is interesting seeing my interpretation of UYA characters and things.

For example, here's the Tyhrranoid Mech from my first comic, back when i was 8/9 years old, and under that is him from a later issue, where i was about 12.
User image User image
Some interesting notes:

- When i finally realized, that it actually was a 2-eyed Tyhrranoid sitting inside of a machine, and not simply a head mounted on top, i was pretty much halfway through the series, so i just kept the design. emoji
- Notice the color change from a red to a reddish brown.
- The whole character lost some of it's "mechanic-ness" but gained alot more fluidity in the style.
- The eyes don't bend as awkwardly as the first one, and the teeth changed from an underbite to an overbite. emoji

Also, here are the Ninja Club members. (Pretty interesting art style actually..)
User image User image

The only way to really tell them apart from one another, is by the triangle-ish shape on their chest, which changes color with each member. The yellow one on top is called "X Ninja", the one guy who replaces Clank. That's why he says: "Good Question, Maxymilian, i never lose." (Now that's an interesting way to write Maximilian..)

So here comes my question to you guys, my fellow Ratchet And Clank Lovers emoji:

Would you like me to post the full, scanned comics here? It's quite alot of work, and if there's nobody that really wants to see it, i don't think it's worth it. I would also have to translate them, since they're all in German. And if you really want me to upload them, should i make a new thread, and under what category? I mean.. it technically is Ratchet And Clank UYA, right?

Woah nice job emoji

How long did that take you to make :o?

Well, like i said, it all started in 2nd grade, and i stopped in 5th grade, but by that time i was still drawing the "Thran Asteroid" comic. After 5 years of primary school you would go to secondary school for another 4 years. By the time i went to secondary school, i thought i would start a new chapter of my life, in which i would stop copying other people's work, and start creating things myself. (The Ninjas are still present, just completely renewed emoji )

So in the first year of secondary school i thought i should finish the whole UYA story quickly to get this thing over with, so i skipped the Phoenix attack and Planet Koros, and went straight to Planet Mylon. I'm still not finished with the last comic, but honestly, i think i'm never gonna finish that. This chapter of my life is over, and i need to focus on new, better things.

But still, i'm very happy i drew those comics. They are a reminder of the good old times in primary school. :oui:

By the way, the reason why i haven't uploaded part 1 yet, is because i'm not finished with translating yet.. even though i have holidays right now, i'm too busy with things like.. sleeping… and uuh.. eating.. emoji

Well, like i said, it all started in 2nd grade, and i stopped in 5th grade, but by that time i was still drawing the "Thran Asteroid" comic. After 5 years of primary school you would go to secondary school for another 4 years. By the time i went to secondary school, i thought i would start a new chapter of my life, in which i would stop copying other people's work, and start creating things myself. (The Ninjas are still present, just completely renewed emoji )

So in the first year of secondary school i thought i should finish the whole UYA story quickly to get this thing over with, so i skipped the Phoenix attack and Planet Koros, and went straight to Planet Mylon. I'm still not finished with the last comic, but honestly, i think i'm never gonna finish that. This chapter of my life is over, and i need to focus on new, better things.

But still, i'm very happy i drew those comics. They are a reminder of the good old times in primary school. :oui:

By the way, the reason why i haven't uploaded part 1 yet, is because i'm not finished with translating yet.. even though i have holidays right now, i'm too busy with things like.. sleeping… and uuh.. eating.. emoji

Ah Okay :P