Thread: Movies of 2016

Well, well, well. It's November again. This year went incredibly fast imo! So, em, like last year, I'm curious to see which movies you watched. So far, cause the best is yet to come *cough* Rogue One *cough*

Link to last year's topic: http://en.ratchet-galaxy.com/thread-4416.php

Anyway, if you like you can use a point system or you can just throw them here in alphabetical order. Whatever you likeemoji

I've already worked on my list:
(Rating from ✰ to ✰✰✰✰✰)

17. Gods of Egypt
Mortal hero Bek teams with the god Horus in an alliance against Set, the merciless god of darkness, who has usurped Egypt's throne, plunging the once peaceful and prosperous empire into chaos and conflict.

User image

16. Allegiant Part 1
After the earth-shattering revelations of Insurgent, Tris must escape with Four beyond the wall that encircles Chicago, to finally discover the shocking truth of the world around them.

User image

15. The Secret Life of Pets ✰✰
The quiet life of a terrier named Max is upended when his owner takes in Duke, a stray whom Max instantly dislikes.

User image

14. Warcraft ✰✰
As an Orc horde invades the planet Azeroth using a magic portal, a few human heroes and dissenting Orcs must attempt to stop the true evil behind this war.

User image

1#. Harten Strijd ✰✰
A lovelorn police officer and a womanizing bar owner get into a romantic game of cat and mouse as they both attempt to take their love lives in new directions.

User image

12. Bridget Jones' Baby ✰✰✰
Bridget's focus on single life and her career is interrupted when she finds herself pregnant, but with one hitch … she can only be fifty percent sure of the identity of her baby's father.
User image

11. Deadpool ✰✰✰
A fast-talking mercenary with a morbid sense of humor is subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers and a quest for revenge.
User image

10. Bad Moms ✰✰✰
When three overworked and under-appreciated moms are pushed beyond their limits, they ditch their conventional responsibilities for a jolt of long overdue freedom, fun, and comedic self-indulgence.
User image

9. (Female) Ghostbusters ✰✰✰
Following a ghost invasion of Manhattan, paranormal enthusiasts Erin Gilbert and Abby Yates, nuclear engineer Jillian Holtzmann, and subway worker Patty Tolan band together to stop the otherworldly threat.

User image

8. The Snow White Chronicles: The Huntsman - Winter's War ✰✰✰
Eric and fellow warrior Sara, raised as members of ice Queen Freya's army, try to conceal their forbidden love as they fight to survive the wicked intentions of both Freya and her sister Ravenna.
User image

7. Mate (Shortfilm) ✰✰✰✰
User image

6. The Boss ✰✰✰
A titan of industry is sent to prison after she's caught insider trading. When she emerges ready to rebrand herself as America's latest sweetheart, not everyone she screwed over is so quick to forgive and forget.
User image

5. Alice: Trough the Looking Glass ✰✰✰✰
Alice returns to the whimsical world of Wonderland and travels back in time to help the Mad Hatter.

User image

4. Finding Dory ✰✰✰✰
The friendly but forgetful blue tang fish begins a search for her long-lost parents, and everyone learns a few things about the real meaning of family along the way.

User image

3. The Girl On the Train ✰✰✰✰
A divorcee becomes entangled in a missing persons investigation that promises to send shockwaves throughout her life.
User image

2. Ratchet & Clank ✰✰✰✰✰
When the galaxy comes under the threat of a nefarious space captain, a mechanic and his newfound robot ally join an elite squad of combatants to save the universe.
User image

1. The Shallows ✰✰✰✰✰
A mere 200 yards from shore, surfer Nancy is attacked by a great white shark, with her short journey to safety becoming the ultimate contest of wills.
User image

Only 2 stars for Secret Life of Pets?!?

Only 2 stars for Secret Life of Pets?!?

A bit too generic for my taste. emoji
The intro was pure gold, but after that…

1. Zootopia: 10/10 for being very entertaining, hilarious, and the connection with real-life modern issues (racism, discrimination, etc.)

User image

2. Finding Dory: 10/10 for the nostalgia, being entertaining, hilarious, and giving me emotional feelings

User image

3. The Jungle Book: 8/10 for the quite interesting storyline.

User image

4. Kung Fu Panda 3: 7.5/10 for being quite entertaining and the nostalgia, though I felt a bit disappointed. The movie felt really short.

User image

5. Ratchet & Clank: 7.5/10 for being worth the money and, you know, the hype when you see one of your favorite video game series hit the cinemas.

User image

I'm going to see at least 3 more movies this year: Dr. Strange, Sing (maybe), and Star Wars Rogue One. Who else is more excited for this movie than Star Wars 7 emoji

Meeeee!
I think this one might become my new favorite. At least, I hope so. I'm really excited to see a movie about non-force-sensitive people.

I'm still excited for the Arrival, Passengers (or The Passenger maybe? It's that movie with Jennifer Lawrence and the Guardians of the Galaxy-guy). I also wanna see And Then a Calm Swept Over. A short film that should have released on Vimeo a while ago… Hmm.