Thread: The Underrated List

That seems to be a waste of 8 bucks just to buy a film to torture yourself and then wreck the DVD afterwards.

I think he means the game

Also I think the the band Tool are rather underrated, I really like their music but most people I ask have never heard of them.

Deleted user

That seems to be a waste of 8 bucks just to buy a film to torture yourself and then wreck the DVD afterwards.

I think he means the game

Also I think the the band Tool are rather underrated, I really like their music but most people I ask have never heard of them.

They're definitely underplayed now, but they were a little well known in the 90's.

I remember being a little freaked out by their Sober music video when I was a pre-teen. It very surreal, gritty and pretty disturbing too.

Another band that I should mention that's underrated is Bush. They had some well known titles such as Swallowed and Glycerine, but everything else about them were sort of underplayed just like Tool were. I might as well add some other bands that are pretty underrated these days too such as Bad Religion or even The Cranberries.

I was kidding about HM.

Deleted user
I was kidding about HM.

I've should of know, but why waste you time on some posts like that for a thread like this? emoji

Well anywho, I'll just add update what we have so far and take off HM on the list.

- Beyond Good and Evil
- Drawn Together
- Roxy Music
- Okami
- Whiplash
- Psychonauts
- Invaders Zim
- Home Movies
- The Critic
- the Ratchet and Clank series
- Klonoa
- Return to Oz
- Disney's Treasure Planet
- Disney's Rescuers Down Under
- PS3
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Project Orange
- Sonata Arctica
- Tool
- Bush (the band, not the president)
- Bad Religion
- The Cranberries

Sum 41 and Midnight Oil are underrated bands.

Futurama is definitely under rated, The Simpsons has overshadowed things like Futurama emoji

Underrated things you say?

Casio Cosmo Synthesizer range in the Mid 1980s. Professional digital synthesizer (CZ and VZ range) and sampler units (FZ range). Not many know what they are or loads or people pay no attention to them for being Casio units and not a more well known brand like Korg or Roland. Yet they were cheap at the time, built like tanks and sounded fantastic. My CZ-3000 is one of my favourite synthesizers, ever. I've gotten amazing sounds out of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5tSohtgdqI

Underrated…. the first Digimon World game! Oh my, I loved that game so much, back in the days of the PS1 XD

Underrated…. the first Digimon World game! Oh my, I loved that game so much, back in the days of the PS1 XD

I always wanted to buy that when it was out but having money was a rare occurance for my family in the 1990s emoji
I might steal it from eBay one day.

Speaking of underrated games, anyone play bugs bunny lost in time? I still have that game! Stepped on case and everything emoji

Deleted user
Speaking of underrated games, anyone play bugs bunny lost in time? I still have that game! Stepped on case and everything emoji

No I have not, but the title does sound quite familiar.

I've noticed that some people have mentioned the Ratchet and Clank series to be underrated, but I'm quite surprised that no one has mentioned the Sly Cooper series or even the Jak series to be underrated too. Those series might not be underrated for us since many of us like those games, but with it's popularity in the gaming world, it can be quite underplayed sometimes.

I like to point out other things that are underrated as well.

Clone High U.S.A. - The show only had 13 episodes, but the show was funny and random throughout. I did like the Picasso flat style of the characters, with great personalities based on well known political figures like Abe Lincoln, Joan of Arc, Cleopatra, Ghandi and J.F Kennedy. It a shame the show ended with a huge cliffhanger before it got canceled.

Mr.Bogus - I would say that this would have to be the most underrated cartoon/stop-motion show that ever came out in the early 90's. I vaguely remember certain segments of this show, but I don't think I was too fond by this cartoon since the stop-motion segments used to scare the daylights out of me when I was really young.

Bump in the Night - Another stop-motion Saturday morning program from the 90's that was pretty underplayed too, but not as low as Mr.Bogus. This show was pretty fun, creative and definitely had personality to it, despite the fact that the developers had to use the some of the same stock of animations for certain sequences in all of their episodes. I am such a dork for this show that I even bought the Christmas special on DVD. emoji

And…

I also think that some animators like Dave Fleisher, Tex Avery, Don Bluth and Richard Williams can be really underplayed in the animation world. These animators had/have really amazing and unique talents and it's a shame that some of them didn't get well known later on or that their work got buttered with later projects.

Children Of The Corn.

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the Sly Cooper series or even the Jak and Daxter series.Those games are underrated.Well,not severely underrated,like in the middle range with Ratchet and Clank. emoji

Deleted user
I'm suprised that no one has mentioned the Sly Cooper series or even the Jak and Daxter series.Those games are underrated.Well,not severely underrated,like in the middle range with Ratchet and Clank. emoji

I actually mentioned about that in my previous post. emoji

But yeah, those two seem to be in the same popularity length as Ratchet and Clank, but I kind of think that Ratchet and Clank is a bit more well known then the Jak and Sly Cooper series, especially Sly Cooper.

I almost forgot to mention that the game I-Ninja is an underrated gem too. A game that I just recently bought and played. emoji

The band Pavement is severely underrated. Nobody I know has ever heard of them, even the ones who like really obscure bands. Actually, most 90's grunge-type bands are underrated.

Deleted user

I find the show Spy Groove to be a very underrated show. It's a satire animated action show about two spices that are in typical spy missions. What I kind of like about the show is that it pokes fun and parodies a lot of spy themed films and shows throughout each and every episode.

I thought Clone High and Undergrads were not very well known MTV programs, but I see that Spy Groove is way more underrated than those shows.