Thread: Is possible, there will be a Ratchet Movie?

Deleted user

Will be a Ratchet movie (from future thrilogy or from trilogy for PS2)?
I wish there will be a movie.
What do you think

I suppose it's possible, but I would hope not. Game-based movies tend to be absolutely terrible.

Personally, I would love to see something like that, but I don't know about it actually happening, Insomniac dosen't seem to be the type of company to do something like that, albite the fact that it would sell through the roof and basically become the next Madagascar; meaning it would be a smash that would appeal to all ages.

Game-based movies tend to be absolutely terrible.

I agree with nerevane whenever there's a movie version of a video game it's bound to be bad like prince of persia movie which is not as good as the game itself and there was going to be a legend of spyro movie but it got cancelled cause the people that was making it thought that it would not look good as they hope for in the end anyways so I don't think it'll work very well even if there is a movie of ratchet and clank.

"Insomniac dosen't seem to be the type of company to do something like that"

Unfortunately, it's not their decision. Sony owns the R&C trademark' and they're probably definitely the kind of company that would.

I'd love to see a ratchet movie, preferably played by Matt Damon because ratchet and clank and totally be up his alley!

Deleted user

I would say N, O, as in No.

That would definitely ruin the series way too much, especially if it's hold by money w**res that would make a film based off a video game into total splodge of nothingness and poop.

You will never get a hold of THIS game franchise and make it into a horrible movie, Uwe Boll!

And besides, playing the Ratchet and Clank games feels like watching a movie anyways (although personally, I see it more as a Saturday Morning Cartoon rather than a film), with it's entertaining cutscenes… and gameplay. emoji

Deleted user

So probably is better to buy PlayStation 3 than waiting for a movie…

Deleted user
So probably is better to buy PlayStation 3 than waiting for a movie…

Exactly! Hollywood would mostly ruin everything if the movies they make are based off of novels, books and video games, especially video games!

Remember what happened to the Super Mario Bros. movie? Even if I thought it was enjoyable as a kid, but watching it now looks awful and a huge slap in the face to many Super Mario fans in the world.

Deleted user
Remember what happened to the Super Mario Bros. movie? Even if I thought it was enjoyable as a kid, but watching it now looks awful and a huge slap in the face to many Super Mario fans in the world

I am sorry, I havent seen Super Mario Bros Movie. (and I havent play it yet)… But I know what you mean… I read Harry Potter books and watch movies. I must tell, books are better.

Yea, I rather play the game then watch a movie about it.

Bside, every time they made a show/movie base on the games, it never turns out good.

Deleted user

Like most others said, no… since almost all Game Movies turn out very bad and sometimes even give the game franchise a bad name :S

But a lot of the game(s) scenes already feel like a movie anyway, especially 'Crack in Time' emoji with those brilliant cutscenes.

Deleted user

I know, Ratchet & Clank a Crack in Time has got "Like movie looking" cutscenes, but my English is not very good. And movies are translated to language, we udnerstand that.

Deleted user

User image

Something rather interesting emoji

User image

Something rather interesting emoji

You have no idea how much of a grin that has put on my face! And Pixar too!