Thread: Ratchet's Age

I'm just wondering what the source of Ratchet's age is (since you have it in the Characters section of the games). I'm quite sure that it's not very accurate.

Deleted user

Well I noticed that too, and that info is actually from an email of an Insomniac years ago… in 2003 I believe, about the Lombax years thing.

But yeah, even I don't really take that as canon or official, I'd rather stick with the age that Ratchet is mentioned as in Jak X (his unlockable Deadlocked self, in that game) it says he is 18 in that game, and even has the right height of 5.0 feet. I'm pretty sure the Insomniacs gave that info to Naughtydog for use in the game but I haven't seen an Insomniac actually confirm in public that it actually is true, or just added for kicks.

So that's my thoughts :p

Maybe he could be those characters that don't age like Mario?

Well I noticed that too, and that info is actually from an email of an Insomniac years ago… in 2003 I believe, about the Lombax years thing.

Even so, there's stuff like the fact that he is 21.5 in both TOD's biography and QFB's biography, even though QFB takes place a year later. emoji

Deleted user

Really? Well I don't write the profiles for characters here so I haven't actually noticed. But yeah, his age is never mentioned anywhere besides that Jak X profile of him, so no one really knows his true age. But he definitely isn't a Teenager anymore :p

Even so, there's stuff like the fact that he is 21.5 in both TOD's biography and QFB's biography, even though QFB takes place a year later.

Well actually, ACIT takes place a year later, QFB takes place between the two so it's possible that he's still 21 during QFB

Well actually, ACIT takes place a year later, QFB takes place between the two so it's possible that he's still 21 during QFB
The story of Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty is focused on Ratchet searching for Clank and continues one year after the story from Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

No source cited on the wiki, but I know I've seen it before.

Even so, there's stuff like the fact that he is 21.5 in both TOD's biography and QFB's biography, even though QFB takes place a year later.

I think I heard ACIT takes place a whole year after ToD, QFB ends about two days before ACIT starts.

Deleted user

The R&C Wiki isn't always accurate, but I do know for sure that CiT takes place at least 2 years after ToD, so Quest for Booty happened somewhere in-between that 2 year gap emoji

I heard that ACIT was 1 year after ToD in an interview with Brian Allgier, it can't be wrong! emoji

Deleted user

Oh it is? Crap, I must have heard wrong then from someone else emoji

But yeah, that makes sense now then.

Deleted user

If Ratchet was 18 years old in Ratchet: Deadlocked (according to his character profile in Jak X: Combat Racing), then I assume he's around his early 20's (in human years). 22 was my guess, but then again, if ACIT took place a year later from TOD, then Ratchet would probably be 21 by now. emoji

Deleted user

That does seem about right, because of the way he behaves now too, and he sorta looks it as well (though still short, but his father looked quite short as well too… I think) well who knows? Maybe lombaxes age differently to humans emoji

I think he is around 22 at the moment, a young adult emoji he obviously isnt a teenager anymore!