Thread: Artemis Zogg's ultimate fate and Cyrus

Deleted user

As many of us know, the Ratchet and Clank comic is now one comic away from wrapping up this amazing storyline that has been a treat for us to read! One of main questions are, though, what will become of our angry and misguided villain Artemis Zogg??

Could he have been vaporized within his ship when it was destroyed in the fifth issue? Only gripe I would have with that would be the fact Zogg appears on the cover for the last issue and it would make no sense just to add him on the cover if he had died in the fifth issue, besides, it just wouldn't fit correctly, so that's extremely unlikely. So, considering he most likely did survive, what is to become of him the end of it all? Will he find redemption in himself to stop the madness he caused, maybe to the cost of his life similar to Alister Azimuth and Ace Hardlight? Will CYRUS turn out to be the main villain after all? Was he secretly plotting something? Did he plan this whole thing to happen? I mean, he did to an evil smirk and he is the one who is actually responible for Zogg not being re-elected Galactic president. Cyrus is technically responsible for the whole damn thing! Really, Zogg doesn't deserve to die and what I predict will happen is Ratchet and Clank will defeat Artemis Zogg, but right after, Cyrus appears and told them he had planned the whole thing and has an evil scheme to follow this. Something like that may happen, who knows, Cyrus could've been the one to program the Creature Collector. For all I know, Cyrus could be someone in a holo-guise hiding his identity.

What are your thoughts on this interesting matter?

Deleted user
For the first time in the series, I think I actually dislike Cyrus o_O (I don't hate characters that easily too, mind you. My little bro hates him a lot though XD) and yeah, you're right. he's the one who started the whole mess in the first place, but it would be pretty crazy if he turned out to be the main villain, probably a bit too crazy… emoji

But I hope Vorn survives D: kinda uncertain about Zogg at this stage, but I think some time in Zordoom may do him good, like it did for Ace Hardlight, heh. Unless he sacrifices himself similar to Alister ;S not sure yet… he's a very stubborn character, but what else can he do now? He's pretty much stuck there in the middle of space and doesn't have much support anymore XD
Deleted user

For the first time in the series, I think I actually dislike Cyrus o_O (I don't hate characters that easily too, mind you. My little bro hates him a lot though XD) and yeah, you're right. he's the one who started the whole mess in the first place, but it would be pretty crazy if he turned out to be the main villain, probably a bit too crazy… emoji

But I hope Vorn survives D: kinda uncertain about Zogg at this stage, but I think some time in Zordoom may do him good, like it did for Ace Hardlight, heh. Unless he sacrifices himself similar to Alister ;S not sure yet… he's a very stubborn character, but what else can he do now? He's pretty much stuck there in the middle of space and doesn't have much support anymore XD

Very true. Although, I must admit, if Zogg dies without discovering the true person who led him to doing that (which still needs to be explained), Cyrus. And Cyrus needs to get his @$$ kicked big time. I don't like him, either, pluas he insulted ACE HARDlIGHT…well, I'm sure who the guy he mentioned was ugly or something emoji.

Deleted user
LOL! well yeah, I dont hate him because he 'insulted' Ace, I just dislike him because of how he got Qwark to act like a total jerk and backstab Zogg… big time D: Zogg looked so sad there, heh.

But yeah, I hope something bad happens to Cyrus instead but somehow, it seems like nothing will since he's way out of troubles way. But yeah, anything can happen in the last issue XD

Before I continue, is it really necessary to have this discussion in spoiler tags? I mean, shouldn't a spoilers warning in the title be enough to warn anyone who has not read the issues to not read this thread?

Regardless,

I don't think Zogg really died. Remember that Talwyn and Vorn ran up to the emergency pod, and Zogg was not that far behind. He could have forced himself in to the pod before the explosion (assuming they even KNEW about the missiles). And really, to have what I consider the best R&C villain die like that is just very anti-climatic and disappointing (not to mention a waste of a final cover).

As far as Cyrus and Qwark goes, I don't think he's some criminal mastermind or anything. He's just a jerk, doing jerky things. And I don't think he'll "get what he deserves". The real world doesn't work like that. Some jerks (and villains) just get away, as I learned when I watched the finale to The Spectacular Spider-Man. Not to mention that, origin aside, I don't think Artemis Zogg was written to be a sympathetic villain. Yes, he was a good person and had good intentions, but Qwark did have a point that the Helios Project was dangerous. Though Qwark could have handled it in a less sneaky and underhanded way, his concern was legitimate, and not something fed by Cyrus. Zogg meant well, but he was misguided, and he let his darker thoughts get the best of him and twist him into a monster. He's far beyond redemption. As the comics show, he had PLENTY of chances for redemption and for reasoning. He refused them all, and continued sticking to his own deluded belief that he was "saving" the universe.

Sorry, but I can't see how a slimy manager can be more evil than a power-crazed tyrant who sacrifices a whole planet just to spite someone.
Deleted user
Before I continue, is it really necessary to have this discussion in spoiler tags? I mean, shouldn't a spoilers warning in the title be enough to warn anyone who has not read the issues to not read this thread?

Regardless,

I don't think Zogg really died. Remember that Talwyn and Vorn ran up to the emergency pod, and Zogg was not that far behind. He could have forced himself in to the pod before the explosion (assuming they even KNEW about the missiles). And really, to have what I consider the best R&C villain die like that is just very anti-climatic and disappointing (not to mention a waste of a final cover).

As far as Cyrus and Qwark goes, I don't think he's some criminal mastermind or anything. He's just a jerk, doing jerky things. And I don't think he'll "get what he deserves". The real world doesn't work like that. Some jerks (and villains) just get away, as I learned when I watched the finale to The Spectacular Spider-Man. Not to mention that, origin aside, I don't think Artemis Zogg was written to be a sympathetic villain. Yes, he was a good person and had good intentions, but Qwark did have a point that the Helios Project was dangerous. Though Qwark could have handled it in a less sneaky and underhanded way, his concern was legitimate, and not something fed by Cyrus. Zogg meant well, but he was misguided, and he let his darker thoughts get the best of him and twist him into a monster. He's far beyond redemption. As the comics show, he had PLENTY of chances for redemption and for reasoning. He refused them all, and continued sticking to his own deluded belief that he was "saving" the universe.

Sorry, but I can't see how a slimy manager can be more evil than a power-crazed tyrant who sacrifices a whole planet just to spite someone.

I agree and he is one of the best villains and one you could most relate to throughout the series.

Okay, so he obviously didn't die in the fifth one, we have that pretty offical. There is a gripe that I have with what your saying, however. Artemis Zogg continued sticking to his own deluded belief that he was saving the universe and such because Zogg still thinks that it was Qwark's fault and is pretty much at the same time doing this to get revenge on him. However, Zogg never discovered that it was Cyrus' fault that Qwark endorsed himself, thus creating another way around the story. I'm STILL going for Cyrus being the one true villain who basically set this whole thing up. I can't see one other reason why he would want to have QWARK as Galactic President. My theory is that he knows that he can control Qwark and through him get whatever he wants.
I agree and he is one of the best villains and one you could most relate to throughout the series.

Okay, so he obviously didn't die in the fifth one, we have that pretty offical. There is a gripe that I have with what your saying, however. Artemis Zogg continued sticking to his own deluded belief that he was saving the universe and such because Zogg still thinks that it was Qwark's fault and is pretty much at the same time doing this to get revenge on him. However, Zogg never discovered that it was Cyrus' fault that Qwark endorsed himself, thus creating another way around the story. I'm STILL going for Cyrus being the one true villain who basically set this whole thing up. I can't see one other reason why he would want to have QWARK as Galactic President. My theory is that he knows that he can control Qwark and through him get whatever he wants.

But why would Artemis even care that Cyrus encouraged Qwark to run for president? It's not like he was brainwashed into doing it. Qwark could have chosen to just ignore him and continued to endorse his career. Cyrus was just feeding his ego. Lots of people that hang around famous people tend to do that: encourage you and give you endless praise. Qwark was the one who actually chose and did the deed, so if anyone is to blame for what happened to him, it's Qwark. And considering he gets to keep his position as Galactic President in All-4-One, I doubt he'll get what he deserves.

Deleted user

Hey now, no need to get too serious about the subject o.O heh
Also, posts can have the spoiler tags since someone may accidentally get spoiled, even a moderator who checks the posts here… (though I seem to be the only mod doing all the work around here for the English side of the site anyway, heh)

But yeah, like I said in an earlier post, it's most likely that nothing would happen to Cyrus anyway. Heck, I kinda doubt we'll ever get to see him again anyways. And yeah, probably will be like how Qwark always gets away with almost everything, avoiding jail, stealing the fame and credit for Ratchet and Clanks work, etc. It's unfair, but it happens XD

I guess we cant really say much until that last issue hits the shelves! Besides come up with crack-pot theories and such XD

Haha, nah, I'm not getting ultra-serious about it. Just having fun with theories and debate and all. If I sounded harsh, I do apologize, not my intention.

Come on, we all know what will happen to Zogg:

While being stuck with Tachyon, they grow a 'close' relationship with him and they build themselves a small house by that tree.

…did I screw your minds up yet?

But no, seriously…

I don't really see Zogg going down the path of Ace or Alister. If he did, he would have listened to Ratchet's and Vorn's advice. I think he snapped to the point where he can't turn back, he let his emotions get the best of him and he's too selfish and delusional to listen to reason. Yes, Alister was also selfish and let his emotions get to him, but the difference is that he wanted to fix his mistake, no matter the cost. He just learned the hard way. Zogg just wanted revenge for losing the election + Qwark scrapping the Helos Project for the safely of the galaxy.

Whether you agree with it or not, Qwark didn't do it because he hated or wanted to shove his ego in Zogg's face, he was just doing what he thought was right (and I can't believe what I'm saying about Qwark XD). And even if Zogg's plan was for good, power got the best of him and turned him into a dictator.

So mortal of the story: Don't be a dickhead, Dickhead! Otherwise you'll have someone go off there rocker and start stealing planets from you…

I don't really see Zogg going down the path of Ace or Alister. If he did, he would have listened to Ratchet's and Vorn's advice. I think he snapped to the point where he can't turn back, he let his emotions get the best of him and he's too selfish and delusional to listen to reason. Yes, Alister was also selfish and let his emotions get to him, but the difference is that he wanted to fix his mistake, no matter the cost. He just learned the hard way. Zogg just wanted revenge for losing the election + Qwark scrapping the Helos Project for the safely of the galaxy.

Whether you agree with it or not, Qwark didn't do it because he hated or wanted to shove his ego in Zogg's face, he was just doing what he thought was right (and I can't believe what I'm saying about Qwark XD). And even if Zogg's plan was for good, power got the best of him and turned him into a dictator.

Thank you! That was the same argument I had with my reviews (still haven't put up five and six yet, lol. And yes, Qwark did try to do the right thing by becoming president. He just went about it the wrong way. And besides, being tied by duct tape is punishment enough already. emoji

Thank you! That was the same argument I had with my reviews (still haven't put up five and six yet, lol. And yes, Qwark did try to do the right thing by becoming president. He just went about it the wrong way. And besides, being tied by duct tape is punishment enough already. emoji

Duck Tape is Awesome!
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN R&C HISTORY! Who saved the Universe? Qwark! I know he did the same in R&C3 but this time he did it! He did it almost single handedly! Thought up a brilliant plan & used his 'brain' for once to save everyone! My god! He's a hero for once. Forgive him. I mean it is just like Alister, doi'n good… Oh wait it was his fault in the first place! Tries to help out & ends up going good. Then becomes a problem & a big event happens that leads to almost certain death of everyone! But wait look who has come to save everyone! The one who started it all! Alister was in a bit worse of a situation though. Think about the simalarities! Anyway i'll bet we will se Artimes & Tachyon again maybe like we do with Nefarious in Gladiator!
Deleted user

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN R&C HISTORY! Who saved the Universe? Qwark! I know he did the same in R&C3 but this time he did it! He did it almost single handedly! Thought up a brilliant plan & used his 'brain' for once to save everyone! My god! He's a hero for once. Forgive him. I mean it is just like Alister, doi'n good… Oh wait it was his fault in the first place! Tries to help out & ends up going good. Then becomes a problem & a big event happens that leads to almost certain death of everyone! But wait look who has come to save everyone! The one who started it all! Alister was in a bit worse of a situation though. Think about the simalarities! Anyway i'll bet we will se Artimes & Tachyon again maybe like we do with Nefarious in Gladiator!

All 4 One cameo anyone?