Thread: X-Play Monday night All 4 One

Deleted user

For those who don't know, be sure to watch X-Play Monday night. There's going to be a something new with All 4 One.
Here are some links from Insomniac about it.
http://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/48905757516767232 http://twitter.com/RACDTweets/status/48907276253278208
http://twitter.com/JamesStevenson/status/48908280558395392

I'm almost positive it will be the Ratchet and Clank story trailer that's been rumored for a long time.

James' message on this thread further supports this- http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/index.php?topic=54938.msg152568408#msg152568408.

Can't wait!

Deleted user

Since there is no way I can watch it on my TV, I hope it gets shown online later on after it airs over there emoji cant wait to see what gets shown… Im pretty sure the story trailer will be shown emoji *is extremely excited*

Deleted user

I like the fact the X-Play does support anything new from the Ratchet and Clank franchise or anything by IG, despite the fact I do not like watching X-Play to be honest. It's too scripted for my taste. emoji

Well, if I do miss this episode that's revealing this All 4 One surprise on X-Play (and it's a best bet it will happen because I don't know the time schedules THAT well on G4Tech Canada), then I'm sure I'll find out about it online.

Thanks for the heads up by the way. emoji

Deleted user

*Stands by like an over excited fangirl*

Can't wait 8D hope it works for me though XD

Deleted user

Haha it looks so crazy! But I also enjoyed it quite a bit. Good to finally see Lawrence there too emoji and I loled at Neff and Qwark here too. Sure the trailer is kinda cheesy, but it's still fun to watch XD

Seriously can't wait for this game now emoji

Deleted user
Ladies and gentlemen: the Story Trailer:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51914/Ratchet--Clank-All-4-One-Story-Trailer-Exclusive-Premiere/

I approve this crazily enjoyable trailer. emoji

It might have been cheesy in some places, but at least the trailer overall was charming and entertaining to watch. Plus I like IG is taking some risks to be more fluid and fun with the style and humour in All 4 One.

In results - Definitely one of the games I wanna get for 2011. emoji

Deleted user

That was epic! Good to see Lawrence again, too. Well, he had to appear since Nefarious was in it. I lol'd at Nefarious' "Son of a BITTTTTCHHHHH!". Overall, this was a awesome trailer!

I don't have G4 on my tv, and my phone doesn't view videos but it sounds awesome

It's offical, I'm getting this game when it comes out.

Saw it on Xplay, and I enjoyed it very much. I did wish we got a bit more footage, but otherwise it looks like it'll be a hell of a lot of fun.

As for the trailer being cheesey: It is, but not in a bad way. I kinda thought it had a charm to it. It's kinda going back to the PS2 days, but still having a story-type feel like the PS3 games. Will it be epically dramatic? Maybe not, but the humor and direction still seems there, and I see it the way the comics played out as for the feel of it. I don't see it going dark on us like CiT and ToD did, but I still expect great writing and a lot of laughs (or at least snickers, but I go a bit of those in the preview.)

Over all, I do plan on picking this up day one. Just got to figure out how the heck to be able to play online. My PS3 keeps saying the Chat settings are restricted and I have no clue how to fix that (one of the reasons why I can't play LBP2 with some friends).

Deleted user
As for the trailer being cheesey: It is, but not in a bad way. I kinda thought it had a charm to it. It's kinda going back to the PS2 days, but still having a story-type feel like the PS3 games. Will it be epically dramatic? Maybe not, but the humor and direction still seems there, and I see it the way the comics played out as for the feel of it. I don't see it going dark on us like CiT and ToD did, but I still expect great writing and a lot of laughs (or at least snickers, but I go a bit of those in the preview.)

I agree. emoji

You know, I was even thinking about the things you've mentioned while watching the trailer, especially the statement "kind of going back to the PS2 days". I'm glad this Ratchet and Clank title will be taking a break from the really dramatic stuff we've seen from the Future games and going back to the comical charm like the PS2 games, but with new aspects that would be suitable for the PS3.

I get where you're getting at. I mean I love dramatic stuff and all, notably the storytelling in CiT and the Comic (which I kinda prefer slightly more due to the pacing and it didn't feel rushed (besides for the ending, otherwise it was fine), but sometimes you just need to just have some wacky fun. I don't mind that this time around being the Future saga + the comic had it's pretty dramatic moments, I think we can use some down time. Along we still get more story driven stuff later on (as well as a Single Player game after this one being the series is still at heart a Single Player title).

So yeah, bring it on!