Thread: American Dad

Deleted user

Talk and discuss about the animated sitcom show American Dad in this thread.

At first I wasn't too keen with this show just because politic humour isn't fully my thing. But now, I find American Dad more hysterical than Family Guy.

I'm sure people still prefer Family Guy more, but I enjoy watching American Dad these days. Would I say it's the best animated sitcom ever? Not entirely, but it's definitely one of the better shows to watch at Sunday nights on Fox. emoji

Well, personally I'm not an American Dad fan, mostly because it contains the type of comedy that is often found in Family Guy, which I'm not too crazy about. Even so, I do find the basic idea of the show somewhat funny, so I can see how it can be enjoyable.

Deleted user

Well both Family Guy and American Dad are done by Seth MacFarland. So of course those shows will provide the same kind of humour.

However, I find American Dad's sense of humour is a bit subtle and less offensive than Family Guy. American Dad does throw in some immature and some offensive humour, but not as obnoxious and random as Family Guy does it. I maybe wrong about that part though since I haven't watched too many American Dad episodes, but what I've seen so far hasn't shocked me in a disappointing way yet.

I am not a fan of niether one of the shows, the humor they use there is too 'vulger' (or however it is spelled) but when there is nothing else to watch then I watch it.

Meh… Its… okay i suppose? But neer the bottom of my list:

Futurama (Its funny, futuristic, funny and awesome!)
Family Guy (it is just… really funny, and i find Stewie really cool emoji though the rest is still awesome, totally my type of show! And offensive? How? Ya know its all just jokes right?)
Whoose Line is it Anyway (why not?)
Malcom in the Middle
King of The Hill (say what you will, laugh all you want… I like King of The Hill)
The Simpsons (as old as it is… Still… alright i suppose)
American Dad (damn right down here… But it is on the list!)

I'm not the biggest fan of Family Guy and other works by Seth MacFarland (I like then, yes, but I don't love them. Don't watch too much TV anyways XDD), but time to time I'd watch it and get a good laugh or two.

Personally, I prefer Futurama. emoji