Thread: The Last Movie You've Watched

Deleted user

I've just finish watching The Dark Crystal.

User image

It's one of the greatest Jim Henson films I have ever watched. Normally Jim Henson films are consist with Muppets and their quirky humour, but the Dark Crystal on the other hand is a masterpiece of a fantasy film. If Jim Henson were alive today, perhaps a sequel to this film would have existed.

Is it my number one favourite Henson film? No, but it's definitely in the top 3. emoji

—————————-

I've also watched Anchorman a few days ago.

User image

It's quite dumb, but also a really hysterical movie. If you like Will Farrell's sense of humour, then you're going to find this MOVIE FUNNY.

LOUD NOISES! emoji

In one of my class which we've literally have had nothing to do, I've watched several movies.

1. Tangled. Alright I guess, the animation is really good though.

2. Little Fockers. My second time watching it, and although to me wasn't as funny as the last one, or even the original, I still like it.

3. Gulliver's Travels. I thought it was okay, definitely a good time killing movie.

4. The Stoning of Soraya M. I've never really had the chance to read the book, so I opted to watch it instead. To be honest, I had to skip through the stoning, as I really can't look at that without feeling so horrid. I will rent the book though next time I go to the library, along with a lot of others.

Deleted user

I've finally watched The Hangover

Results: I do have to say it's a pretty funny movie. Sure, the film had a lot of foul language and slight nudity here and there, but how the story was set up and it's random humor got my attention to like this movie.

I also watched The Beatles: Yellow Submarine yesterday.

User image

Results: One major trip of a film, but also an inspiring animated feature. I liked it, but not as much as some other hand drawn animated films I had seen in the past.

Just watch Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides yesterday with my family.

User image

It's a good movie, but i would have enjoy it more if I watch the movie before that so I can understand the story behind it a bit more.

User image

It's a good movie, but i would have enjoy it more if I watch the movie before that so I can understand the story behind it a bit more.

It is a really cool movie. It doesn't seem like it was a Disney movie though, because of some language and a graghic scene or two.

Deleted user

I just recently watched Get Him To The Greek today.

Not as great as The Hangover though I do admit that there were a few moments that literally made me laugh hysterically.

The only thing that bugged me about the film is…

There was a running gag with the character Aaron throwing up when he saw something really nauseous or from drinking too much. It kind of gross me out everytime he threw up.

Geinea Lombax: Hey peeps! It's me Geinea Lombax aka Lepy Lombaxes' sister. emoji The last movie I saw was Alpha and Omgea. It was a really great movie. I'm surprise and outrage that the idiots at Rotten Tomatos have the nerve to call this amusing flim awful. emoji( I curse there souls and hope 20 years of bad luck may takeover there lives! This movie was one of VERY few comedy flims that made me laugh. I seen many comedy movies and although I enjoy them, I never laugh once while watching them. It was unique in it own way and it deserve more credit then it has. Why is it that people are so stupid sometimes? It's a kids movie! Not a cheesy teen drama or adult horror flim! I may be 16 but I love animated movies, especially with animals! :oui: Overall, this movie was fun and a joy to watch and is worth watching. I also discover that they're making a squeal that will come out sometime during 2013. emoji Wonderful! emoji

Deleted user

The last two movies I watched were Muppets in Space and Coraline.

User image

Not the best Muppet movie ever, but there were a few moments that did made me laugh. The problem I had is the third act of the film felt too long, which kept dragging a few unnecessary things in the plot. Other than that, it's a good popcorn movie, but not the best from Jim Henson Studios.

User image

I like how the movie was done visually. It had a lot of creativity and the stop motion was done nicely. Although, I thought the plot felt a bit weak in certain parts. There were just a few segments that felt confusing and just throw in there with quick or no explanations. I say it's decent, but I would suggest those who are into stop motion to see this movie.

Also, there are a few creepy portions in the movie. You have been warned.

Geinea Lombax: Hey peeps! It's me Geinea Lombax aka Lepy Lombaxes' sister. emoji The last movie I saw was Alpha and Omgea. It was a really great movie. I'm surprise and outrage that the idiots at Rotten Tomatos have the nerve to call this amusing flim awful. emoji( I curse there souls and hope 20 years of bad luck may takeover there lives! This movie was one of VERY few comedy flims that made me laugh. I seen many comedy movies and although I enjoy them, I never laugh once while watching them. It was unique in it own way and it deserve more credit then it has. Why is it that people are so stupid sometimes? It's a kids movie! Not a cheesy teen drama or adult horror flim! I may be 16 but I love animated movies, especially with animals! :oui: Overall, this movie was fun and a joy to watch and is worth watching. I also discover that they're making a squeal that will come out sometime during 2013. emoji Wonderful! emoji

Eh, I saw that film and I thought it wasn't that great to be honest XD But, that's coming from an animation student. I hated the way they made the poor animals bend in ways like they didn't have any bones, and literally defying all the laws of animation. The character designs were like they were created by some 13 year old deviantART kid with no concept of wolf anatomy or decent character design :B I mean, even films like the Lion King (which is also a kids movie) have proper anatomy and don't defy the laws of animation.

It's okay for a kids film, but it wasn't really groundbreaking :P I'm not to psyched for a sequel. But hey,it was a low budget film and was okay for what it was :P

Myself, the last film I watched was Mars Needs Moms. That film made me cry emoji

Deleted user
Myself, the last film I watched was Mars Needs Moms. That film made me cry emoji

Made you cry as in how touching the story was or how awful the movie was overall? emoji

Made you cry as in how touching the story was or how awful the movie was overall? emoji

Hehe, it was the story mainly :P I didn't like how the film was all motion captured, but the whole: "I'MA STEAL YOUR MUM" part was so sad emoji

Deleted user

I've been seeing a lot of movies lately this month.

1. Batman Begins

User image

A pretty good action comic book adaptation film, but I have to be honest with one thing though… Christian Bale sounds ridiculous when he's dressed as the Cape Crusader.

2. A Goofy Movie

User image

It's colourful, nicely animated and Goofy having his own movie will bring a smile to your face. A Goofy Movie is one of my favourite traditional Disney movies, but it's definitely not #1.

3. Rescuers Down Under

User image

The best Disney sequel of all times. It's not a cash grab like the other Disney sequels that were released.

4. Defiance

User image

For someone who isn't into war movies, I thought this was a pretty solid WW2 movie, starring Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber. This movie has action, drama and some charming lines that will make you continue watching this film.

5. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

User image

I think some of you will like this movie just because it has almost the same witty/quirky humour like Ratchet and Clank. The actual movie itself is creative and fun, but I think it's quite forgettable and dull in plot. Just like my thoughts on Coraline, the overall film is decent.

Just finish watching Tangled with my parents

User image

A very cute movie, didn't really have anything to laugh at, but it's still a good movie.

Deleted user

Here are the recent features I've watched for a couple of school assignments:

User image

- As some of you already know that this is one of my favourite animated features of all times. So there isn't really a huge explanation for that one.

User image

- A pretty good adaptation based on the Victor Hugo novel with the same title. The film maybe old, but it's definitely the better adaptations compared to other film versions like the Disney version.