Thread: The Last Movie You've Watched

Deleted user

Which film have you watched recently? Whether the movie was old or new, mention it here in this topic.

Make sure you talk about your opinion about the movie you've just seen.

The last film I've watched recently was TRON Legacy. I do have to admit that it was an okay film. What made the movie amazing and strong were the visuals and the music. The soundtrack sure was inspiring fantastic!

Unfortunately, the story in TRON Legacy felt dry and weak. There were just too many predictable moments and a few awkward scenes that didn't seem like it fit the setting like in the original film.

Overall, it was a decent film, but the story should have been executed better.

Shrek 4
It was good, but I think the Shrek franchise should finish. Nothing ruins a good movie idea more than over exposure, people get sick of it

Deleted user

The Nutcracker Prince

This Christmas film may not be for everyone with some silly plot directions and such, but this is one of those guilty pleasure movies that I like to watch. It also brings back some good childhood memories too. emoji

Signs(2002)

It sure was a pretty suspenseful movie about aliens.

Deleted user

Oh boy! Did I watched a lot of movies this week.

This could be long though, so I'll summarize them as short as I can. Okay, here were the following movies that I've watched this weekend…

1. Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night

User image

You might find this movie to be pretty forgettable with the typical characters and pointless sub plots, but the premise here is a little unique with events that takes place after the original Pinocchio story. It feels like more of an action fantasy adventure compared to the Disney's version of Pinocchio. And speaking all those eerie moments in Disney's Pinocchio, you will find that this Pinochhio film has even more disturbing moments and visuals in certain segments of the film. Some of the animations are pretty well done here and the vibe is something different to see, but the whole execution and presentation is pretty forgettable right away.

2. 1974's Jack and the Beanstalk

User image

For an animated film that is made in Japan, this was quite enjoyable to watch. I really like the art style and animations here because it had more of a western cartoon approach overall. But then again, old school Anime was mostly inspired by American animations. As for the film itself, it was quite heart warming and fun. This one had a different story approach though involving a witch possessing a princess in some hypnotic curse. So it was like Jack and the Beanstalk mixed with Beauty and the Beast and maybe Sleeping Beauty. I don't think it's a film to watch again. But, if you're into Anime and you are interested in seeing old styles of this kind of fan genre, then check it out.

3. Black Orpheus

User image

A Brazilian film that retells the Orpheus and Eurydice myth in the setting of the Carnival in Rio. It's a very fun and quirky film that came out in 1959 with vibrant cinematography and vibe overall. Although, you will find moments that are questionable, a little long in different segments of the movie. For a foreign film that had a happy and sad ending, this was pretty decent. It apparently won an Oscar Award for best foreign film.

4. The Goonies

User image

A definitely fun 80's film with action adventure and great humour. It's not a movie I'll go crazy for, but I would say it's a must recommend for anyone that are into action adventures with some weird fun, goofy and imaginative scenarios in them.

Star wars Wookie Adventures, i just love those little fuzzballs

Deleted user

Not entirely sure, but I think the last few movies I watched were the entire Back to the Future series and Shrek Forever After. As some people may know on here, I am a huge Back to the Future fan and to me the movies never get old, watching them again was so much fun bringing back the memories I had with watching the movies. Shrek Forever After, well I must admit when the movie was first released in the movies I didn't really bother going to see it, I mean, I love Shrek, but I just didn't feel like seeing this new one yet. Finally I got it on DVD and wow I missed out on some good stuff. It was an awesome movie and I should've seen it in the movies.

Deleted user

I saw The Terminator, it was pretty good, i liked the visual and story and Schwarzenegger was Bad@$$…

..oh by the way there's an uncensored sex-scene so it may not be for young kid, however it was only rated 15+.

Deleted user
I saw The Terminator, it was pretty good, i liked the visual and story and Schwarzenegger was Bad@$$…

..oh by the way there's an uncensored sex-scene so it may not be for young kid, however it was only rated 15+.

Yeah… alot of movies from the 80's got away with mature content in some PG-13 films. Sometimes even in PG rating movies too like Howard the Duck for instance. That movie had one scene with…

A female duck character exposing her breasts for a a few seconds.

But anyways, the last movie I watched was actually a documentary called Exit Through the Gift Shop, which talks about a U.K. graffiti artist named Banksy and his dark, controversial art. Plus the documentary discussed about a french video editor named Thierry Guetta who become a street artist. I thought this documentary film wasn't something I wouldn't be interested in, but I was wrong about that and found it quite inspiring and neat from beginning to end.

It was pretty surprising and shocking when…

Banksy placed a Guantanamo Bay doll in one of the Disney rides while Thierry was filming it. Pretty risky to bring a really dark concept display in the most happiest place of them all.

Deleted user

I saw Megamind (finally)

in my honest oppinion, it was one of the cutest, greatest, funniest movies i've ever seen. However, there was a few RC looking references in it, like how

Megamind would often use a gadget JUST LIKE the hologuise

but it actually didn't remind me about RC as much as i thought it was, and it was a wonderfol movie. i highly recommend it for people who like cute animated films, and a bit of comedy. emoji

Deleted user
Yeah… alot of movies from the 80's got away with mature content in some PG-13 films. Sometimes even in PG rating movies too like Howard the Duck for instance. That movie had one scene with…

Spoiler (Cliquez dans la zone noire pour afficher)
A female duck character exposing her breasts for a a few seconds.

oh, i remember NC review of that movie, WHY GEORGE WHY!!!

oh, i remember NC review of that movie, WHY GEORGE WHY!!!

That was funny!
last movie I saw was El dorado. I'd forgotten how funny it was!

Deleted user

The latest film I've watched recently was this one…

The Kids Are All Right

User image

I'll be honest… it was one awkward film. emoji Just because it provided quite a few strange sexual content in the movie.

But on the plus side, A story about a family of two mothers (yes, they are homosexuals) raising their teenage kids while the man who donated his s**rm many years ago comes to the families' lives and makes their lives a living hell was quite interesting overall.

Deleted user

i recently saw bionicle 2, and got reunited with the love for my favorite character, Nidhiki. it was a real cool movie! you would have to see the first one though.

Deleted user

I just finished watching X-Men: The Last Stand, it's pretty good. I Liked the story when mutants had a choice if they want to keep their powers or use a "cure" to get rid of their powers. And I think it's the best in all of the three movies (not including the new wolverine movie that came out). I'ts too bad in the movie when

Jean Grey becomes crazy and kills Xavier and Cyclops and she dies in the end because she couldn't control her powers and woverine had to kill her to save the day

Overall, I liked the movie.