Thread: Your Most Hated Videogame Character

Ever played a game, and then found this one guy in the game, that infuriated you? Like how lots of people I know, hate Qwark, because he was an awful person in R&C1 and he is greedy (I myself find Qwark funny)

There is one guy that stands out against every other videogame character I found annoying… Mick Cutler From Resistance 3!

He killed my favourate character in the Resistance series! He deserved to suffer horribly! He should have died slow, and painful!!! He got a good death!

So what one character do you find annoying, or just too evil (or selfish?)

Deleted user

I don't really get easily angry on characters through story cinematics only because they are there to entertain or to bring character develop in the storytelling. It's more on the characters you have to fight against is what annoys me the most.

For Example.

The Beetle (Donkey Kong 64)

User image

Let me think of things why I loathe this character a lot.

- He's bigger and can run faster than you
- Makes you drop your coins if you get hit by him
- Produces the most obnoxious noises I had ever heard

…Or how about anyone who drags on with so much dialogue in them that you wish they should just shut up? This happens quite a lot in retro games where no voice work went into the picture.

For Example.

Kaepora Gaebora aka The Owl (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

User image

- He drags on about information that you already know or that you don't care for.
- He can trick you when you answer him back, which can make him repeat the same thing as he said before.

However, the one character from the story cutscenes I remember hating so much on my first playthrough was Eric Sparrow from Tony Hawk's Underground.

User image

He's basically the guys that starts off as your best friend, but then completely screws you over by causing trouble wherever you go. Perhaps a few of these cutscenes will prove how much you will hate Sparrow with a passion:

Spot Rejection

Destroy the Slam City Jam

Alt. Ending

So basically, this jerk pants leads you less to fulfill your dreams to become a pro skater.

My least favourite video game characters are Nathan Drake (just because I consider him a wannabe Sly Cooper, what with all the jumping and impossible climbing…emoji and Murray from the Sly series, I just find his lines of dialogue irritating and his gameplay sections boring, mainly because the other characters have abilities, such as Sly's climbing and stealth tricks, and Bentley's sleep darts and bombs, whereas, pretty muchall Murray can do is pick up and throw stuff as well as punch… :P
Also, I never really liked the characters in R&C2, like Amercrombie Fizzwidget or Angela, I just found the characters a little… lacking personality… if you see what I mean.

That's weird, i personally think Nathan Drake is one of the best video game heroes ever.

Anyway my most hated video game character is Daxter from the Jak series, he's simply there just to annoy you, glad i don't play that series anymore, i think it's just overrated emoji

User image

EROL. From the Jak and Daxter series-hands down.
He's a sore loser, such a pompous jerk, he even stepped in they way of my favorite video game pairing in the history of gaming (Jak x Keira)
ND made a bad move when they…

brought him back from the dead as a vengeful cyborg that wants to destroy the world for no reason besides the fact that he lost his 'little buddy' in the explosion he caused that killed him.

Seriously hate the guy.

…Worst of all the guy I have a crush on really reminds me of him. I don't understand this.

EROL! He is one of my favourate characters ever! He is the master of villans! (besides Nefarious and Vorselon) that guy rules!

And I didnt have such a problem with Dax, sure at ties he could be annoying, but I see him as like Qwark, just a bufoon. But totally funny!

Deleted user
Murray from the Sly series, I just find his lines of dialogue irritating and his gameplay sections boring, mainly because the other characters have abilities, such as Sly's climbing and stealth tricks, and Bentley's sleep darts and bombs, whereas, pretty much all Murray can do is pick up and throw stuff as well as punch… :P

I'm completely opposite to that. I love playing as Murray in Sly 2 and Sly 3, except for a few missions (like the tank missions in episode 5 of Sly 2). I could see Murray's punching game play can bore some gamers out, but I find the controls for Murray pretty solid and fun compared the way you control Sly and Bentley.

For his personality, I will agree that Murray's clumsy naive personality in Sly 1 made him completely forgettable and slightly annoying at times, but I did like the way Sucker Punch made the character tougher in the sequels, though sticking with a bit of his old clumsy naive self.

I would also like to add this character to my hated characters in games:

User image

Saving this bimbo's sweet behind multiple times is the reason why I don't enjoy playing the single experience of Goldeneye 007 (N64 version).

OMG Tipsy I hated Eric Sparrow so much as well! He was such a jerk and it felt good to beat him in the Tampa Am skate comp or whatever it was called XD

NO NOT EROL! I loved Erol! I love all the bad dudes in the Jak and Daxter series. Except yes I admit I didn't like Cyber Errol emoji

The character I always hated the most was this douche:

User image

Yep Moneybags from the Spyro series. This guy is the most annoyingly greedy character I've ever seen! He's just like Mr. Krabs from Spongebob.

mario #1 competetitor to ratchet thinks so gud

i hate mario just because hes an itain plumber that jumps that pips all willy nilly (quote from r&c plumber) and he goes for a princess

Deleted user
i hate mario just because hes an itain plumber that jumps that pips all willy nilly (quote from r&c plumber) and he goes for a princess

Are you trying to say that you don't like Mario's ego and fame to go for the same routine by saving the princess in practically every Mario game?

I hope that is what you're trying to point out just because your sentence sounds like you're describing the character. It doesn't really sound like you're not giving a clear explanation as to why you hate Mario.

I don't loathe Mario one bit (though he is overrated), but I would say my most hated characters from the Super Mario franchise are Princess Peach or Toad.

Princess Peach just plays the same routine over and over (though that is the charm and role of the character) and her voice is just too squeaky for my taste. I probably wouldn't hate her that much in the NES or SNES Mario games, but after Super Mario 64 (which her voice didn't sound annoying at all), I would rather see Princess Daisy fighting in action than Peach standing idiotically on the balcony at Bowser's dungeon.

As for Toad… he doesn't really need an explanation if you have played Super Mario Bros from the original NES to the latest Mario games today. Let's just say the famous phrase "Thank you Mario, but your princess is in another castle" will make you want to crush Toad into a little bug.

Hmm.
Well, I cannot stand Alister Azimuth. He just, irritates me. The way he compares Ratchet to Kaden all the time, and just the fact he cannot move on. I understand he's been through a lot, I mean, I don't NOT pity him, I just think he's over dramatic.
And I also dislike Amy Rose and Rouge the Bat from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. I find Amy to be annoying and clingy, and Rouge is just greedy and vain.
I'm not much of a gamer so I don't know if I hate any other characters.

agreed on Alister lombaxkitti I didnt like him that much for those reasons exactly. But I dont hate him, he just bothers me…

I didn't hate Alister but the way he carried on about 'The lombaxes' all the time was very irritating!