Thread: RandC Collection at IGN!

But yeah, as for Naughtydog I do remember that article. They were obviously not telling the truth there o_O I mean, look at their next game "The Last of Us" (I think that's what it was called)

I think they were telling the truth before about sticking to one franchise per-console, because I think I read a more recent interview (an interview that occurred after the announcement of "the Last of Us"emoji in which they said that they were backtrackiing on that idea (in other words, they changed their minds about it) and chosing to do more than one franchise per console, and of course, it's not possible to backtrack on something that you hadn't already said/done… emoji

They said they were "a one franchise per console company" while The Last of Us was in development. They lied.

But yeah, as for Naughtydog I do remember that article. They were obviously not telling the truth there o_O I mean, look at their next game "The Last of Us" (I think that's what it was called)

I think they were telling the truth before about sticking to one franchise per-console, because I think I read a more recent interview (an interview that occurred after the announcement of "the Last of Us"emoji in which they said that they were backtrackiing on that idea (in other words, they changed their minds about it) and chosing to do more than one franchise per console, and of course, it's not possible to backtrack on something that you hadn't already said/done… emoji

They said they were "a one franchise per console company" while The Last of Us was in development. They lied.

They released some message about why we have The Last of Us. It basically says that they WERE going to make JAK 4!!! But the fella's at Naughty Dog are perfectionists (LOOK AT ALL THEIR GAMES!) and couldn't get Jak to look all HD on the PS3, they knew they had to tweak, change and redesign it all, and much like Insomniac back when they were making Ratchet on PS3, they stood back and looked at what they were doing and said it wasn't Jak & Daxter, so gave up, and decided to make a new IP. What I don't get is why ND CLEARLY never visited the IG Museum (ACiT) You don't just give up on it when it looks to 'real' and not J&D, you change it to be less real and more Jak & Daxter-like (If you have roamed the ACiT museum you may remember there being something about the original ToD designs looking to Real and not Ratchet & Clank.

After giving it some thought, I am happy. Why? Because Naughty Dog are still working the same way Insomniac do. Compare Crash to Spyro, Jak to Ratchet, The Last of Us to Resistance (ignore Uncharted) and you will see a pattern. When Insomniac made Resistance they moved back to Ratchet, and struck ND's problem, but got past it. ND are now making their Zombie game and will hopefully turn back to Jak and overcome their problems with Jak. There is still hope. I do recall them saying "never say never" around the end of the thing I read.

EDIT: This isn't exactly what I read, but it says the same stuff http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/06/naughty-dog-extensively-explored-new-jak-daxter-before-the-last-of-us/

Darn, I have gone terribly off-topic now emoji

They released some message about why we have The Last of Us. It basically says that they WERE going to make JAK 4!!! But the fella's at Naughty Dog are perfectionists (LOOK AT ALL THEIR GAMES!) and couldn't get Jak to look all HD on the PS3, they knew they had to tweak, change and redesign it all, and much like Insomniac back when they were making Ratchet on PS3, they stood back and looked at what they were doing and said it wasn't Jak & Daxter, so gave up, and decided to make a new IP. What I don't get is why ND CLEARLY never visited the IG Museum (ACiT) You don't just give up on it when it looks to 'real' and not J&D, you change it to be less real and more Jak & Daxter-like (If you have roamed the ACiT museum you may remember there being something about the original ToD designs looking to Real and not Ratchet & Clank.

After giving it some thought, I am happy. Why? Because Naughty Dog are still working the same way Insomniac do. Compare Crash to Spyro, Jak to Ratchet, The Last of Us to Resistance (ignore Uncharted) and you will see a pattern. When Insomniac made Resistance they moved back to Ratchet, and struck ND's problem, but got past it. ND are now making their Zombie game and will hopefully turn back to Jak and overcome their problems with Jak. There is still hope. I do recall them saying "never say never" around the end of the thing I read.

EDIT: This isn't exactly what I read, but it says the same stuff http://www.vg247.com/2012/02/06/naughty-dog-extensively-explored-new-jak-daxter-before-the-last-of-us/

Darn, I have gone terribly off-topic now emoji

They WERE going to make a new Jak game and then didn't?! [curls up in the corner and cries] emoji

I can't wait to find out what's going to be so special about the North American version as opposed to the European version.

I can't wait to find out what's going to be so special about the North American version as opposed to the European version.

I am actually unhappy about this, I'd like to get the surprise even if it means a LONG wait, I'm patient enough for that. But to think I am going to be locked out from this SPECIAL SURPRISE!!? I am not happy emoji

on the other hand the collection has multi-player (of which I can't use) 3D (can't use) and 1080 (you guessed it, I can't use emoji )

But seriously, I am excited! I really look foward to playing these games again (because I am to lazy to press the AV button) and getting trophies emoji

Deleted user

I was so excited about this news all day emoji and I can't believe it's coming in only 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!! (for europe anyway, no idea about NZ/Australia yet!)

OK I am sad that Deadlocked isn't included - no HD Ace emoji BUT I'm still excited nonetheless. And Insomniac said they have not forgotten about Deadlocked. Which probably means it might come as a seperate Downloadable/PSN game or maybe even a 2nd volume of the collection? (With Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank? I dunno!)

Either way, this is great news! I'm sure those online gamers will be pleased with the multiplayer news too!

Yay, I just found out the surprise is worldwide, so I too can get one… I hope. That makes me feel a lot happier about the collection (I am already very excited to begin with)

I KNEW Ratchet & Clank would get Multiplayer and/or something else, something to say "This collection beats all!" because Ratchet is just that awesome! And I wonder why it's taken Sony this long to realise a collection is needed.

The bad thing about the collection is the lack of Ratchet: Gladiator (Deadlocked in America). I love that game but Insomniac seemed hellbent on sticking with the 'Trilogy' tag.

Apparently, North America gets a special version or something. Its being discussed in the Insomniac Community forums. Rumors of a Statue. That's awesome! But, again, North America only so either import and sell the NTSC Game and re-buy the PAL or skip it all together. emoji

OH! Also, it has a release date of May 16th for Europe that has (apparently) been confirmed. America is "Sometime in the Fall" for reasons Insomniac have been very hush-hush about. Probably the "Special" part of the NA release.

FINALLY! i wonder if they do so you can play with four players instead of 2! OH! i need to fix news update on vox holofilms!

Deleted user
The official release dates are the following:

Mainland Europe: 16/05/2012
Australia & New Zealand: 17/05/2012
UK & Ireland: 18/05/2012

Taken from the EU PS Blog reply by Sony employee.

OMG just 3 days after my 23rd birthday!!!!!!!! (yeah, Im excited like a little kid. So what XD?)

But it's so weird that the US get it MUCH later, though it seems. I can't wait to see what the "Special Surprise" is too!

NO! I am very happy about this collection, but… as a PS3 generation fan (My first Ratchet experience: QFB) I wanted so much to play the classic games, that… I got a PS2 console this Christmas! It's not fair. emoji But, after all, I'm really exited about this collection (especcialy, because it's release is just a few days after by birthday)!