Thread: RandC Collection at IGN!

The bad thing about the collection is the lack of Ratchet: Gladiator (Deadlocked in America). I love that game but Insomniac seemed hellbent on sticking with the 'Trilogy' tag.

Apparently, North America gets a special version or something. Its being discussed in the Insomniac Community forums. Rumors of a Statue. That's awesome! But, again, North America only so either import and sell the NTSC Game and re-buy the PAL or skip it all together. emoji

I don't think that was up to Insomniac, they seemed kind of powerless against those decisions (though they didn't seem that interested in trying to get Sony to include Gladiator?)

@Kubak12

I bought a PS2 last summer just to be able to play the older Ratchet & Clank games again because I originally traded my PS2 for a PS3, but even though I have the originals on the PS2, I'm probably going to go ahead and get the PS3 collection anyway, just for the fun of it and for comparison reasons, such as similarities other than graphics difference, if very much, from what I've seen of the screen shots, they pretty much just smoothed everything out, no extra detail to fur, clothing, technology, etc. like there was in Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time. Guess we'll see.

Deleted user

I still own a PS2 and ALL the PS2 Ratchet & Clank games.

But I am still going to purchase the collection either way! emoji I'm very excited! I just hope Deadlocked/Gladiator gets the same HD treatment eventually… maybe as a seperate PSN downloadable game?

@Kubak12

I bought a PS2 last summer just to be able to play the older Ratchet & Clank games again because I originally traded my PS2 for a PS3, but even though I have the originals on the PS2, I'm probably going to go ahead and get the PS3 collection anyway, just for the fun of it and for comparison reasons, such as similarities other than graphics difference, if very much, from what I've seen of the screen shots, they pretty much just smoothed everything out, no extra detail to fur, clothing, technology, etc. like there was in Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time. Guess we'll see.

Yeah, the character models stay the same, only the textures are partially re-made and rendered in higher quality. Then, the game itself is as well rendered in HD, but the 3D models are the same.

That results in a look similar to PS1 games that are emulated on a computer in resolutions of 720p+, with the textures made better. It's a significant difference, but not as high quality as the games purposefully made in HD.

this is great news! cant wait to get it emoji

me and my friends are very eager to finally get to play this! we never got to experience the online multiplayer when it was new on PS2……… so this is very exciting news!

Deleted user
What I'd like to know is if it'll be the first 3 games, or the first 4 games…

If Deadlocked isn't included, I think I'll be really disapointed :S no, I WILL be very disapointed. But I won't get my hopes up, so that I wont be too let down when the news comes XD

Something good has to come for Ratchet & Clank this year. 10th annivesary!! emoji

@ultimablackmage No HD Collection has contained more than three games. We haven't forgotten about Deadlocked
tweet from insomniac games emoji

Geinea Lombax: I knew it. I saw it coming that there's gonna be a Ratchet and Clank HD collection. If they did it with Sly and later Jak, then why not Ratchet? However, I still have my PS2 and all the Ratchet games for it so I'm totally not thrilled about it, but I'm still happy none the less.emoji

One question. Does the HD versons have added things to them? Because otherwise if I buy it and its just the same stuff, then I would have the PS2 games all over again, just on the PS3.

as far as I know, the only thing changed other than a slight change in textures, there will be trophy functions

Of course this would happen after I just bought the games for the PS2.
At least I'll be able to compare.

as far as I know, the only thing changed other than a slight change in textures, there will be trophy functions

there won't be a slight change in textures. It's a direct port with no improvements except for trophies, HDification, 3Difying, and bringing in the multiplayer from R&C3! But it's such a direct port you have to make your own username even!

Deleted user

I dont see why people are making a deal over the textures. They are already great as they are - it's just the low resolution of the PS2 didn't make good use of them most of the time. Especially if you were using composite cables, rather than Components!

In full HD, they should look a lot better. As seen in some other collections.

Geinea Lombax: Trophies huh? Well that should be fun if I get the collection. Other then that, it still looks the same to me, but I'll keep it in thought.:oui:I'll just have to wait and see in the fall, especally if it has a surpise. These games are my life. Long live Ratchet and Clank!emoji

And thanks for the tip natevradio. I would look it up myself, but I have a habit of running into spoilers on the internet a lot. :oui: Again thanks for the tiny tip.

Also just a quick little random thing. I'm writing this with my bunny next to me.emoji He keeps staring at the the computer screen in wonder! Sorry that was off topic but I couldn't resist!

See ya soon!

@Geinea Lombax

I Never Got to Play online Multiplayer So i want to get it as soon as it comes out because for the past few days i Have been playing every game from the first and now second but its going to look alot better when the collection comes out!

Well, I'm back from crying in the corner about ND cancelling the new Jak game… emoji

So Insomniac Games are hinting at a "Surprise" they have in store other than the collection that's going to help celebrate the 10th anniversary of R&C?

Maybe we should start listing ideas as to what that surprise could be…….

• They could announce a new title in the series?
  • They could release an update for ToD that adds trophies?

That's all I can think of at the moment… anyone have any other theories?