Thread: RandC Collection at IGN!

Well, I'm back from crying in the corner about ND cancelling the new Jak game… emoji

So Insomniac Games are hinting at a "Surprise" they have in store other than the collection that's going to help celebrate the 10th anniversary of R&C?

Maybe we should start listing ideas as to what that surprise could be…….

• They could announce a new title in the series?
  • They could release an update for ToD that adds trophies?

That's all I can think of at the moment… anyone have any other theories?

but a new title news could just have been posted by someone on the web anyway… i think it's a statue or something!

Well, I'm back from crying in the corner about ND cancelling the new Jak game… emoji

So Insomniac Games are hinting at a "Surprise" they have in store other than the collection that's going to help celebrate the 10th anniversary of R&C?

but a new title news could just have been posted by someone on the web anyway… i think it's a statue or something!

I know a new title could be announced anyway; but perhaps Insomniac Games want to build suspense…
As for a statue… I'm not really sure what to think… To me, it doesn't seem like the kind of thing that Sony would bother to sponsor, but I may be wrong…….

But To be honest, the thing that seems most likely to me at the moment is the idea of a trophy update for Tools of Destruction, but I'm probably wrong…

I'm sure it's not a new title announcement because why would they only announce it in the U.S. version?

time for me to bring the bad news to ya again emoji

Insomniac Games said a while a go that ToD will never get a Trophy update, because they have finished that game and moved on, unfortunately it isn't very easy to go backwards, as they would have to spend a lot of time and effort digging ToD out of their system and then adding trophies (which isn't all that easy).
This would result in a massive loss of time they could be spending on something more important (like a new game)

And as for the statue… 'fraid not. Insomniac said that to package a statue with the game would cost way to much (or even a plushy).

They probably wont be making America wait such a long time just to announce the new game. That would probably result in some angry American fans…

With all these possibilities crossed out, I have no idea what they have planned, all I know is Insomniac are sure it is worth the long wait.

hey guys! the new page for RandC collection is on ratchet and clank.com now!
a little weird thing is that under the number of players: item it stay: 1-12
is this a fail or is it really possible to play with tvelve people if you have enough controls?
well whhatevere here's a link

Discuss!

is this a fail or is it really possible to play with tvelve people if you have enough controls?
well whhatevere here's a link

Discuss!

maybe it's meaning the max players on an online match?

Insomniac REALLY want all Americans to blindly preorder the game, this bonus sounds better every time JS repeats himself emoji

"no self-respecting fan of the PS2 games will say no to this bonus!"

Insomniac Games said a while a go that ToD will never get a Trophy update, because they have finished that game and moved on, unfortunately it isn't very easy to go backwards, as they would have to spend a lot of time and effort digging ToD out of their system and then adding trophies (which isn't all that easy).
This would result in a massive loss of time they could be spending on something more important (like a new game)

And as for the statue… 'fraid not. Insomniac said that to package a statue with the game would cost way to much (or even a plushy).

They probably wont be making America wait such a long time just to announce the new game. That would probably result in some angry American fans…

With all these possibilities crossed out, I have no idea what they have planned, all I know is Insomniac are sure it is worth the long wait.

One last theory… They may announce a second series of comics?

One last theory… They may announce a second series of comics?

hmmm… no reason why not? That would be pretty cool!

But they said it would be something PS2 Ratchet fans would enjoy… Perhaps a vid-comic? emoji

Odd because the maximum amount of players in an online match was 8 in original UYA.

And no, PS3 can't support more than 4 controllers, I'm afraid.

Odd because the maximum amount of players in an online match was 8 in original UYA.

And no, PS3 can't support more than 4 controllers, I'm afraid.

Actually, I seem to remember reading in the operations manual that PS3 could support up to seven people, even though there are only four lights on the controllers; player five's controller would have lights 1&4 lit up, player six would have lights 2&4 lit up and player seven would have lights 3&4 lit up.
But even then, it still doesn't support as many as twelve…

Actually, I seem to remember reading in the operations manual that PS3 could support up to seven people, even though there are only four lights on the controllers; player five's controller would have lights 1&4 lit up, player six would have lights 2&4 lit up and player seven would have lights 3&4 lit up.
But even then, it still doesn't support as many as twelve…

I would like to see how the screen could handle the HUD for more than four players. Anything more than two-player split-screen makes it pretty hard to play.

hmmm. good point… but if you have move it often say controller 8 and seven blah blah

I just went to GameStop today and for all that are interested to know, I found out the release date for the North American version which is September 2nd.