Thread: Was All 4 One Your Game in 2011?

Deleted user

In all honesty, was Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One your Game of 2011?

I'm sure some of us here really liked the game a lot, while others had mixed feelings once they had finished it. Mentioning all your favourite games you've played that came out this year is acceptable in this thread and also keep your posts tasteful as to why you liked or disliked All 4 One.

All 4 One is probably my third favourite game of the year. Portal 2 and LBP2 being my top two.
The reason A4O didn't come first is because, even though it was fun, looked good, had good writing and it was nice to revisit the characters; I found the gameplay fairly repetitive, what I mean by that is that the combat stayed pretty much the same, in previous Ratchet titles, it was possible to use a lot of tacticality (if that's a word) in combat, whereas in A4O, the combat was pretty much just "hold the rigger and the lock-on" and there was A LOT of combat in the game.

But the repetitiveness is the only real negative point about A4O I can think of.The point is, it was my third favourite game of 2011.
There was also a lot of hype about Uncharted 3, but I haven't had the chance to play tat yet, so I won't include that on the list…

I'd say A4O wasn't my top game of the year (that place goes to Sonic Generations). I've really enjoyed the game, but I second lombaxdude42 in saying that the gameplay is quite repetitive. I also think that in general, the game didn't really have the same level of quality as the other R&C games have (the story, the game physics, etc.) And I was bothered by the inclusion of the "This is this minion's name" captions; it really didn't keep me immersed in the game and I felt like I wasn't allowed to be immersed because of the captions.

I must say though that I did enjoy the graphics in the game, as well as the humor. I loved the inclusion of Mr. Zurkon and I felt like a couple of the weapons were excellent for a wide variety of scenarios.

Deleted user

All 4 One was a good game, but it certainly wasn't my game of 2011. That award goes to Zelda: Skyward Sword in my books.

Overall, I kind of have a love hate relationship with Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One. There were some choices that Insomniac decided that I enjoyed completely such as the character designs and the written dialogue. Also the idea of playing this game with others offline or online was a great choice to try out for a Ratchet game on the PS3. However, there were a few cons that made the game feel a bit outdated, like not skipping the cutscenes for example. As much as I love watching the cinematic sequences in the Ratchet and Clank games, I somehow couldn't play this game any further. Plus I wish the experience had a bit more luggage in the package like a few more levels or other multiplayer modes.

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One wasn't as engaging as previous R&C titles like Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time, but it wasn't completely terrible like most people say it is.

in all infamous 2 and all 4 one died for that award all 4 one has amazing graphics and new story so i liked it and infamous 2 just followed and amazing infamous and it toped it ten fold

My favourite game of this year was ratchet and clank all 4 one and Uncharted 3! All 4 one had a lot of humour and me and my friends had a lot of fun with it! uncharted 3 was good in many ways, but was best because of the 3D functions! normally those 3D games don't are so reallay facinating! but this time it was!

Geinea Lombax: Even though it wasn't the best Ratchet and Clank game in the world like GC, UYA, or ACiT, its still no doubt an enjoyable game to play. I love every moment of it and all, but I do wish there is more crazy and insane weapons in it. That's just my opinion. Weapons always makes the games more fun especially the PS2 games. The bigger, the badder, the badder, the better!

Though I had fun with All 4 One, I woun't said that it's my Game of 2011. I Enjoy the gameplay, the humor and the story, I just wish they work on the plot a bit and

I'm still not agreeing with Neferious turning over to the good side.
Deleted user

All 4 one wasn't my cup of tea, I'm one of those hardcore old style ratchet and clank fans, While all for one featured what i wanted like online play, Its lack of Inter-planetary travel and such really made it dislikable for me, Just as well as ratchets new look did, and the co-op with nefarious was uh, something that made it unlikeable as a game for me since nefarious was an enemy through the other games, However the graphics are really energetic and colorful.

Ratchet & Clank was the best game I played last year!

I don't give too many games a go every year (due to games being super expensive) so the list of games I played was pretty short, but each one amased me, and it was close

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One 95/100
inFamous 2 90/100
Resistance 3 89/100
Rayman Origins 75/100

Rayman was pretty good, and a good challenge, but it wasn't much better than 'pretty good'

R3 was incredible! The story, shooting, and overall quality of this game is so good, that for the first time ever, I can't look back at the originals and see ANYTHING R3 is missing! (not even Hale) And for the first time in any game, it had FUN COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER! Something I thought was impossible?

inFamous 2… How to describe inFamous 2… I don't know? The game was extremely fun to play, it improved on what I thought was already perfect in the first inFamous. And the story had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. But unfortunately it suffered from the same thing as the first game: Repetitiveness. But it was a little less repeditive than the first emoji

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One was definitely the best of the best last year. It was up against some of the best games I had ever played, but as always Ratchet wins. I have never played a game built around coop, the only other coop games I had played were Ratchet: Deadlocked and Rayman Origins. The reason why I prefer coop to single player, is I can play with my friends and my brother (I don't like competitive games, they often end badly…emoji this game allowed me and my brother to play together, and we had a lot of fun blowing stuff up as a team. But there were of course downsides, all the weapons felt less creative than in the past, however that was not such a large problem. And while sometimes being unable to skip cinematics can be annoying, most the time I let 'em play anyway, so it wasn't such a major problem.

A4O was more fun than anything I had ever played, because it not only featured coop, it revolved around it! And at the same time, had a great story that in my opinion, was just about as great as the whole Future thing.

My Game Was Probobly Black Ops I Didn't Get All 4 One Until Chirstmas.

I haven't finished AFO yet, but I liked it. The graphics were good, I enjoyed the story, the humor was great. The weapons were pretty good, and the co-op was good. But my favorite game would have to go to Uncharted 3.

Hmm, I remember when I first played A4O I enjoyed it a lot! The comedy was great, the weapons were like: OH YEAH! Let's blow stuff up! =P But playing it 3 times all over again wasn't that fun… Anyway, it was definently my game of 2011 totally because I loved it! =D I still like it but not that much as before. emoji

I didn't take it… it's sad how the design transformed emoji dislike so… No

Nope, actually that was StarFox 64 3D (3DS), but All4One had a very nice 2nd spot emoji