Thread: Your favourite video game genres

If you're on this site, you obviously have an appreciation for platform games such as those in the Ratchet & Clank series. But what other genres do you like? Perhaps you're an RPG sort of person, or like a bit of beat 'em up from time to time? Maybe you like horror games, adventure games, or simulation games?
There's a lot of genres to have a liking for, so let's discuss.
I apologise if there's already a topic like this.

My favourite genres are platformer, racing, and puzzle.

My favorite would be platformer and shooter. I prefer TPS but some FPS are alright.

Platformers and eventually music games (thank you The Beatles: Rock Band, now I can play drums!).

Lets see… Platformer, First person shooter, Third person shooter and Sandbox.

Hmmm… well my absolute favourites are platformers, FPS, TPS and turn-based strategy. But on the whole I like almost any game genre, except horror.

Mmorpg, racing, sandbox (like gta's), sports, hack & slash, platformers used to be something I really enjoyed but nowdays it's pretty much only RC and some others for nostalgia (such as spyro).

Action/Adventure. Thats kind of my genre, I don't really play much else.

Same here. Action/Adventure and a bit of platformer games is what I like to play most of the time. Wooo Sly Cooper!

Same here. Action/Adventure and a bit of platformer games is what I like to play most of the time. Wooo Sly Cooper!

Ah yes, platformer. I forgot about that one emoji

Honestly, I miss the adventure games a la Myst…..