Thread: E3 for Ratchet & Clank

I don't think SONY is looking forward releasing HD ports of those games on PS3. Not many people would buy it after all. But they might release the original, non-remestered PS2 ports on PS Store ("PS2 Classics"emoji.

Just saw TJ Fixman's tweet today

"Time to go say hi to old friends and pick up ye olde E3 badge. Can't wait for this year's show."

Might go there because of the movie?

Would be cool!

I wanted to see the Nintendo Direct tuesday, but it appears that its broadcasted 4:00 AM and I'm just out of school then. Hopefully there's a good internet source in my bus, it would be a shame to miss the Smash Bros. 4 trailer when first released. The Sony presentation is 3:00 PM so I'll have to stay up until really late on a school day. My parents will never aprove so i'll have to sneak my laptop into bed. I think I'm gonna watch the Tomb Raider movies to kill time. emoji

Well, no Ratchet & Clank for this year guys emoji
As Ratchet & Clank Movie Facebook page says:
"To answer a few of these questions - Insomniac games has been very involved in the film. And there will not be anything shown at this year’s E3. We are saving a lot of the reveals for 2014. Hope that helps!"

''We are saving a lot of the reveals for 2014.''

That seems interesting.

Well, they haven't announced anything for E3 at all. They just told us to look for it in awhile. All we can do, is to somehow (I have no idea how emoji ) pass this year without any news on movie so we can have (as HeatherGrace have noticed) a lot of stuff next year.

I can wait if they, indeed, have a lot of stuff. emoji

…and if I can survive on Uncharted 4 in the mean time.

Uncharted 3 you mean?

There were no announcements of Uncharted 4 at E3… which sucks.

I was hoping more from Sony… At least we got a really cool Metal Gear Solid V trailer! Although I'm sure not many of you really know anything about MGS…

With Insomniac making Sunset Overdrive and a new Fuse game, it looks like our dreams of a new Ratchet & Clank… might be delayed.

I always tried to support Insomniac and defend them, as we all try to do. But i'm sure most of their fans are PlayStation fans… and then they make an Xbox One exclusive… this will be the first Insomniac game I miss… makes me truly sad.

I ment 4. As in the hope that the highly-holyness will be announced.

Sunset Overdrive doesn't seem to be something for me so far though…

…and ofcourse I missed the E3 because I mixed the times up. I freaking hate 2013.

Uncharted is cool and all, but… Metal Gear Solid does everything better. No really, it's like a better Uncharted now that I stand back and look at it. (just with less platforming)

I never realized it until now! MGS has the action Uncharted has x20, the stealth x1,000, the realism x5,000, and the story x1,000,000.

Uncharted is still awesome though. They have platforming, and lighting although MGS5 looks like its got platforming and lighting nailed.

*brainwashing ends here*

It does suck there will be no Ratchet news this year. I really hope that next year we get something. Insomniac may be making an exclusive, but they are still friends with Sony, and I am sure they will get together and make another Ratchet game at some point.

I can't agree with you. I've played some Metal Gears now, but I'm not impressed.

Its a shame, yes. But I've seen enough I like. Sony really destroyed Microsoft. Lets just hope they killed it too.

Here's a short compilation of the highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxiofTSvPbg

Oh, you don't like Metal Gears? Damn. I think the series needs to be more popular. Where I live, almost everyone has given up on consoles (stubborn 360 owners) and so most of them (all of them) never got the chance to give MGS a go :/

Same happened with Ratchet & Clank, no one plays Ratchet & Clank here. It's CoD, Halo or nothing.

I always liked Tomb Raider, so its shouldn't be surprising that I love Uncharted too. But Metal Gear? If I have to give my honest opinion, its was kinda boring. Sorry, but thats just what I thought.

I understand where you're coming from. The problem (that's right I'm somehow linking the word 'problem' to the title Metal Gear) with the Metal Gear universe, is the creator Hideo Kojima (brilliant guy) obviously has a knack for drama and story (as do I) and he really does go overboard when he's creating (look at this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8mjKZxccM ) so creates giganus stories, and epic characters (using the term literally for once) so he handles them very carefully, making sure nothing is rushed. Trying to get it all at the right pace, and he does. But the pace is much slower than that of your average game like Uncharted. You know what I mean?

Metal Gear is not for everyone. If you can't become immersed into the story (which is getting harder for new players as the years tick on) then it means nothing.

I think its save to agree on that. I have 2 friends that are hardcore Metal Gear fans like you. I tried MG in the first place just for them. It wasn't really the story that was too complicated, it was more because I didn't feel involved with anything. The ones I've played were a sort of topview, not my favorite thing. But besides that, the characters… I don't know. Their personality isn't really something I can identify with.