Thread: Your Game Timeline?

Whats actually new since last time?emoji

Whats actually new since last time?emoji

Assasins Creed, God of War, Resistance, but I also edited my old list emoji

'Cause why the heck not? You can create your own character, personality, story. Why not decide your own ending?

At risk of starting a flaming debate on ME3, I'm going to point out that there isn't a whole lot in the way of actually shaping the story of the Mass Effect trilogy. Most of Shepard's actions have a direct impact on the actions of his/her squad, but not much beyond that. The story plays out more or less the same, it's just individuals that are affected by Shepard and even then it's often only relevant if it's a matter of the character living or dieing.

This isn't exactly a fault of BioWare's, as how they set it up made it so they had to limit the ways the important bits of the story played out, but there it is. Mass Effect isn't really anyone's story but BioWare's. Whether or not Garrus returned to C-Sec after the Battle of the Citadel doesn't matter because either way he's still on Omega come 2185.

Whether or not you spare the Rachni Queen is irrelevant because even if you kill her the Reapers simply make a new one come ME3. Your decision to blow up the Collector Base? Doesn't matter. Cerberus is completely unaffected by it.

Fact of the matter is that this has always been BioWare's story and it bugs me when people try and pretend the ending of ME3 didn't happen. Yeah, maybe it sucked, but it's part of the canon. You can't just close your eyes and pretend it didn't unless BioWare says it didn't. It's nothing against you, Heather, I promise, I'm just feeling kind of ranty and these are, of course, only my opinions, so don't take anything to heart. :oui:

Anyway, my video game timeline… Well, let's try and get at least one in for each year.

2001 - Tekken/Halo (Tekken 2/Combat Evolved)
2002 - Sly Cooper/Final Fantasy (Thevius Raccoonus/Final Fantasy X)
2003 - The Legend of Zelda/Pokemon (Ocarina of Time/Crystal)
2004 - Jak and Daxter (Jak 3)
2005 - Ratchet & Clank (Going Commando)
2006 - Hrm… Not sure I got into any new games then…
2007 - Fire Emblem (Sacred Stones)
2008 - This year was kind slow too…
2009 - Resistance/Fallout/Kingdom Hearts (Fall of Man/Fallout 3/Kingdom Hearts I)
2010 - Metroid/God of War (Metroid Prime/The God of War Collection)
2011 - Uncharted/Mass Effect (Drake's Fortune/Mass Effect 2)
2012 - Assassin's Creed/ Ar tonelico (Assassin's Creed I/Ar tonelico II)
2013 - Metal Gear (The Legacy Collection)

The first game I played in each series is in the parentheses.

This is my personal ending to the Mass Effect trilogy. For me this is simply canon and the only real ending of the Mass Effect trilogy. And you know what? It just a mish-mash of scenes that were already in the ending. They just needed some cuts and pastes here and there. Why was it so hard to DLC something similar to it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSe4qX-6xQg

And the happy ending mod could in fact very canon since Bioware explained that Shepard is alive in the Destory Ending and they said that you yourself could imagine how it ended.

“You may notice that in the “Shepard lives” ending, the love interest hesitates to place Shepard’s name on the wall, and instead looks up as though deep in thought. This is meant to suggest that the love interest is not ready to believe Shepard is dead, and the final scene reveals they are correct.”

I don't remember everything, all is uncertain…

My hits:
2002 - Ratchet and Clank; Crash Bandicoot (Warped); Jak and Daxter (TPL)

2005 - Mashed/Micro Machines V4
2006 - Trackmania (Nations ESWC)
2007 - Command & Conquer Generals

2009 - LittleBigPlanet

2013 - Jak and Daxter again (trilogy)

That's poor, but I can't remember more. Bear in mind that's where I began some series. Sequels not included.

I think I'll upload my list as well then:
2000 (?) - Microsoft Word
2005 (?) - Team Actimel (pff emoji )
2006 to 2010 - LEGO series, Zoo Tycoon 2, Age of Empires 3 (sandbox difficulity of course emoji), The Sims 2
2009 - The Beatles: Rock Band
2010 - LocoRoco
2011 (the year I became nerd…emoji - Ratchet & Clank, Sonic The Hedgehog, Sly Cooper
2012 - Jak & Daxter (you don't need to tell me you don't like them Heather emoji )
2013 - Uncharted 2, Batman: Arkham City (just got it)

I'll upload mine as well:
1999: Zelda: A Link to the Past, Sonic 1, Super Metroid, Super Castlevania IV, Mario World, Ristar, NiGHTS Into Dreams
2002: Ratchet and Clank, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario 64
2004: Jak II, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
2006: Rayman: The Great Escape, Final Fantasy VI & VII
2008: Sly 3, Pikmin, Kingdom Hearts
2010: LittleBigPlanet, Modnation Racers
2011: Uncharted 3
2012: Pokémon Black & Black 2

This is my personal ending to the Mass Effect trilogy. For me this is simply canon and the only real ending of the Mass Effect trilogy. And you know what? It just a mish-mash of scenes that were already in the ending. They just needed some cuts and pastes here and there. Why was it so hard to DLC something similar to it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSe4qX-6xQg

And the happy ending mod could in fact very canon since Bioware explained that Shepard is alive in the Destory Ending and they said that you yourself could imagine how it ended.

“You may notice that in the “Shepard lives” ending, the love interest hesitates to place Shepard’s name on the wall, and instead looks up as though deep in thought. This is meant to suggest that the love interest is not ready to believe Shepard is dead, and the final scene reveals they are correct.”

It was "so hard" for them to make a DLC that ended that way because that isn't how BioWare wanted to end it.

Shepard can only live in the Destroy ending. Period, end of discussion. It doesn't make sense for Shepard to live through Control or Synthesis given what we're told about it and Shepard has to die in refusal for obvious reasons.
2006 to 2010 - LEGO series, Zoo Tycoon 2, Age of Empires 3 (sandbox difficulity of course emoji), The Sims 2
2010 - LocoRoco
2011 (the year I became nerd…emoji - Ratchet & Clank, Sonic The Hedgehog, Sly Cooper
2012 - Jak & Daxter (you don't need to tell me you don't like them Heather emoji )

Do you like the Batman games?

2010 - LocoRoco

Do you like the Batman games?

I do, but you shouldn't really listen to me, it took me 4 years to acknowledge ACiT as a decent game ^^'

It was "so hard" for them to make a DLC that ended that way because that isn't how BioWare wanted to end it.

Shepard can only live in the Destroy ending. Period, end of discussion. It doesn't make sense for Shepard to live through Control or Synthesis given what we're told about it and Shepard has to die in refusal for obvious reasons.

Okay? What ever. No need to get angry with me.

Though I must say I find it quite funny that Drew Karpyshyn had left Bioware by the time they made Mass Effect 3 and Deception. And I'm not the only one in this universe that finds that ME3 should have ended different or have gotten different endings like they said they wanted to make. For once I'm sided with the bigger group. And I'm not as much of a hardcore hater as most fans (like some of my friends that refuse to play ME3), in fact ME3 is still my favorite.

I can't believe they wanted to end ME3 this way. It feels rushed and especially the small plotholes in the ending, they know their game more than anyone. Something like that shouldn't be in there and you oughta know it too.

So forever will I take my PS3's hdmi cable out in the last 15min., hook it up to my laptop with the modded ending and watch that. So if you want the entire galaxy destroyed, all your friends to die… Go on ahead, cause my universe is saved and my friends life ánd my Shepard is going to retire and mourn Anderson in peace.

User image

And yes, the ME3 ending is a painfull topic for me.

Though I must say I find it quite funny that Drew Karpyshyn had left Bioware by the time they made Mass Effect 3 and Deception. And I'm not the only one in this universe that finds that ME3 should have ended different or have gotten different endings like they said they wanted to make. For once I'm sided with the bigger group. And I'm not as much of a hardcore hater as most fans (like some of my friends that refuse to play ME3), in fact ME3 is still my favorite.

I'm not saying I like the ending. I'm saying I'm not pretending it didn't happen. Mac Walters is indeed a hack and it's extremely disappointing that Drew Karyshyn left the writing team.

I can't believe they wanted to end ME3 this way. It feels rushed and especially the small plotholes in the ending, they know their game more than anyone. Something like that shouldn't be in there and you oughta know it too.

It doesn't matter what should be in there. What matters is what IS in there, for better or for worse. And besides that, the Happy Ending Mod doesn't fix anything.

The fact that Shepard lived through Control is a gigantic hole and then it just doesn't do anything else to rectify what was wrong in the first place.

So forever will I take my PS3's hdmi cable out in the last 15min., hook it up to my laptop with the modded ending and watch that. So if you want the entire galaxy destroyed, all your friends to die… Go on ahead, cause my universe is saved and my friends life ánd my Shepard is going to retire and mourn Anderson in peace.

User image

The entire galaxy is just peachy in my universe. Unfortunately the geth and EDI had to be sacrificed for the greater good, but not every ending needs to be sunshine and rainbows. The relays are rendered inert, but it's explicitly stated they can be rebuilt in all endings.

Did you watch the Extended Cut material?