Thread: Really Random thread

Need help! My sister got a PS3 for her boyfriend as a Christmas present. They're looking for some local multiplayer games they can play together. I already made a small list for them:

Diablo 3
Alle Lego games
Dragon's Crown
Dynasty Warriors
Little Big Planet 1, 2, 3
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Ratchet & Clank: All4One
Puppeteer
Resident Evil 5, 6
Dead Nation
Rayman: Origins
Mass Effect 3

Something I should add? He likes FPS (Like CoD) en my sister likes… well, co-op adventures.

Take out RE6 and add LBP3 and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

You forgot about LittleBIGPlanet 3 emoji Then again, it's pretty expensive right now…

EDIT:
Nevermind, Darkstar was quicker emoji

Oh, thanks. Didn't know LBP3 had a PS3 release.

Think I'm gonna keep Resi 6. He's never played any Resi Evil games and it seemed pretty fun as a co-op game in 2Girls1Game. And I would kinda like to play it with him to, if only for Ali Hillis. emoji

Speaking of which. I don't think it's Ali Hillis like they say it is…Edit. Ahá, it's not. It's Laura Bailey. Ali Hillis' sister in Final Fantasy. Close enough.

Diablo 3
Alle Lego games
Dragon's Crown
Dynasty Warriors
Little Big Planet 1, 2, 3
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Ratchet & Clank: All4One
Puppeteer
Resident Evil 5, 6
Dead Nation
Rayman: Origins
Mass Effect 3

I've had The Puppeteer in my backlog, unplayed and still sealed for almost a year now. I should probably delve into it some day…

I recommend Rayman Legends, just as awesome as Origins (if not even more).

Ugh. We spend the entire day on fixing the internet connection on the PS3. Something about a DMS connection… so I've had no time to go over the list with him. In the mean time we fixed it and he for Battlefield 4.

I'm thinking about getting him Uncharted 3 or Mass Effect 3. Not sure about ME3 though. When he played CoD: Ghost he said 'Blah, blah, blah. Lemme shoot' during th first cutscene. Me and my sister were like:

User image

The first hour of ME3 consits of talking, talking, talking. Not sure if I'm doing him a favor. I'd probably give him Uncharted 3 so he can enjoy a 3D game.

So he hates cutsenes and loves shooting?
Get him MGS emoji

Think I'm just gonna give him Resistance and Killzone. Then at least he's playing some actual games. emoji

Darkstar's random thought of the day:

You know, if the first game had A4O's fixed camera it could've been just as good if not better than it is currently. Unlike A4O, R&C1 thinks of itself as a platformer first and a shooter second, so it'd be a very natural fit and it would be a nice workaround some nasty camera issues (or rather level design that doesn't take a free-flowing camera into account).

I see what you mean, but I think it's less personal. Games like SW: Republic Heroes also make it really hard to orientate jumps.

I really liked everything about R&C1. Playing that game with a fixed camera would take a lot of the freedom out of the game for me. It would feel more like I am visiting the level rather than exploring it. I think It's already got very easy platforming, so I doubt having a fixed camera could make it much easier for me.

^- exactly.

I really liked everything about R&C1. Playing that game with a fixed camera would take a lot of the freedom out of the game for me. It would feel more like I am visiting the level rather than exploring it. I think It's already got very easy platforming, so I doubt having a fixed camera could make it much easier for me.

I didn't mean that the camera would be completely zoomed out like in A4O.
Something more like this:

User image

Ah.. I had this in my head:

User image

A distance like SMG might make shooting enemies harder than it should. Especially without straving.

Shooting enemies is so secondary that it doesn't really matter.
Hell, most of the time I just use my wrench to kill enemies.