Thread: Playstation® TV

User image

Released in Japan as the Vita TV last year, the PlayStation TV is a home console version of Playstation Vita handheld. The PSTV can be used to play select Vita games on your television as well as PSP and PS1 games. The system can also be used to extend your PS4 via remote play to other televisions.

FEATURES
•Play your already existing library of phisical or digital Vita games on your television with either a DualShock 3 or 4.
•Also compatible with the grand majority of PSP and PS1 games.
•Use the suspend feature to put any single player game on hold until you turn the system back on to continue playing.
•Use remote play to control and play your playstation 4 from afar. The added ethernet port on the Playstation TV will even allow for a more consistent connection than WiFi on the Vita.
•Stream PS3 games from PS Now.

Has anyone played Ratchet and Clank on one of these? emoji

I played Ratchet & Clank on my PS2, PS3 and PS Vita. I see no need for me to ever buy one of these.

I can see the appeal for people looking for a cheap gaming console though. It's kind of funny, because the Vita started off as "too expensive" and now it's one of the cheapest setups you can get your hands on, in the form of PS TV.

I seen an advertisement for one of these and in my opinion I think it defeats the purpose of the PS Vita.The PS Vita is supposed to used for handheld gaming not TV gaming.

Looks like Ratchet and Clank HD and Q-Force are compatible with PSTV! emoji

Looks like Ratchet and Clank HD and Q-Force are compatible with PSTV! emoji

Keeping in mind that it's the Vita version of those games which is definitely worse than the versions of those games that were on PS3, the collection to a lesser extent but it still lacks the portability that made the vita versions so appealing and includes; the bugs introduced in those versions, the lack of HD and everything else I forgot to mention. May aswell use the PS3 version since it would be a better experience.

Sounds like you may as well use the PS2 versions of the original games, when you put it that way.

Sounds like you may as well use the PS2 versions of the original games, when you put it that way.

QFORCE wasn't on PS2 and the PS3 version of the collection has HD while the vita version has portability, the TV version has neither so therefore it has no upside.