Thread: Pretty Random Movie Thread

Oh, and here's a new image. Awwww, Clank is so cute when he's scared! (And if you read the novel, you know why he's scared).

User image

Deleted user

There was a press junket today for the movie. found this photo, looks like Ratchet gets all the ladies…and one bloke.

User image

There was a press junket today for the movie. found this photo, looks like Ratchet gets all the ladies…and one bloke.

User image

what is a junket

Deleted user

User image

what is a junket

When a movie does a whole load of press. usually in a single location, expect many interviews throughout the coming weeks.

Oh, and here's a new image. Awwww, Clank is so cute when he's scared! (And if you read the novel, you know why he's scared).

User image

Oh, that better not because Ratchet turned crazy or something like that.

Deleted user

User image

Spoilers, Ratchet turns into a zombie. hence the scared Clank.

Hmm… what a twist emoji

User image

wait a minute i dont recall ratchet turning into a zombie

User image

Don't you remember? The scene when Ratchet faced the Brain Eating Zombie T. Rex? Clearly, Ratchet was bitten at some point, and now Clank has to fight his own friend?

User image

NO quark, made it up he is telling the story remember

SPOILEEEEEEERRRRRRS! NOOOOOO! You should've put them in the spoiler tags!
Okay then,

If Ratchet really turned into a zombie, then how did they cure him?

Just saw the movie!

The good/awesome news is that my friend managed to win tickets for todays R&C premiere event (the movie is due wednesday next week). So we were some of the first Dutchmen to formally watch it! We also got to play the final version game an hour before the actual movie!

The bad news is, however, that we had to watch the Dutch dub. This is something you can only understand as a Dutchman, I think. But Dutch dubs are horrific. It's the language' fault. It's hard on the ears and never seems to sound right. Plus the fact that the voices I'm used to have been replaced.
When my friend said he'd won tickets I immediatly asked which version he got them for. But he didn't know and PlayStation NL didn't seem to know for sure either. But when we arrived at the cinema it clearly said that it was the dubbed version on the door. So… sh–.

I can't give my final opinion on this yet. The Dutch dub is hard to ignore and I spend most of the movie translating the sentences back in my head (I do that. I can't help it) which resulted in some awkwardly late laughs here and there.

The movie is absolutely gorgeous(!), filled with wickedly cool refrences (PSX intro!) and a story that fits the universe very well. I think that the characters are really cool too. Cora and Elaris definitely earned their place (But it was annoying that both characters were voiced by, what almost sounded like, the same Belgian?). Anywaaaay. I think this will be one of my favorite movies of all time. It's just… I didn't count on the Dutch dub. So me and my friend are going again next week. Sweet sweet English version. I view todays experience as 'just a preview'. ^^

Deleted user

Box office for the movie is not good in France… But don't worry, no body want to see the movie here because we have dumb Youtubers to do the voice of the characters…