Thread: Pretty Random Movie Thread

And I missed this earlier. I've been searching the web for a cinema that has the original version, but so far no cinema will be showing the original version. So frustrating!

Any Pathé will have a 2D English version. emoji

Well… I already watched the Dutch version…

Tbh it could've been worse. At least the spoken words seemed to fit with the motion of the characters' lips so at least it LOOKED good, it wasn't like we could hear Ratchet speak while his mouth was closed. I honestly expected worse.

Nevertheless, despite having watched the Dutch version, I really enjoyed it. Why? Well, I won't let some terrible dub ruin the experience for me. emoji

Nevertheless I'm going to watch the English version when the movie releases on DVD. Also, regarding the ending: I won't spoil it, although I'll still put what I wanted to say in a spoiler just to be safe.

I must say that Insomniac gave the movie a really clever ending, they made it possible to create a sequel, and needless to say I hope they'll be making said sequel.
The honest trailer people just put a honest trailer for ratchet and clank ,and is awesomeemoji. Here is a link to the video [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ-e-8ldVN8 ]

Oh heck yeah.

I will for now on call the Mini Turret Glove "Gun That Shoots Other Guns"

User image
User image
User image

Comics so cheaply made, the drawings are copied from scenes of the movie!

User image
User image
User image

Comics so cheaply made, the drawings are copied from scenes of the movie!

(Why is Clank trying to hang out with Victor? Pretty sure that one of Victor's goals is to kill him…emoji

Though they're very cheaply made, I actually kinda like the third one.

But, other than that, these comics are just…eww.

Is that an official comic? If yes, how is that even allowed? If no, someone needs to stop tracing and get to practicing.

It's a official…somehow…

I honestly think that the first and second comics were, meh. But the third is okay, I can still understand it. And wow, just a few more days till the premier! Remember that time we were shocked about the delay and how we're getting pretty impatient? Well, time goes fast. That's true. emoji

This Friday there is the film that nice!!!!!!!!! emoji

The excitement is real! emoji I'm finding it hard to contain myself!
(I actually get to see the movie tomorrow night, so I'm even more excited! emoji)

New movie clip. It's basically a quick scene where Ratchet tells Clank what species he is and how he got on Veldin. It's a really nice, though emoji

There are also a few different "cameos" when Clank scans Ratchet.

http://twitter.com/AMCTheatres/status/725351804712546304

New movie clip. It's basically a quick scene where Ratchet tells Clank what species he is and how he got on Veldin. It's a really nice, though emoji

There are also a few different "cameos" when Clank scans Ratchet.

http://twitter.com/AMCTheatres/status/725351804712546304

I like the fact that since this is a movie based on the first game that at the very least they touch upon were ratchet came from,and i love the refrences by the way

That's one thing that I'm very worried about. The movie looks just like the game and critics are basically ignoring that.

Critics should at least watch some sort of gameplay footage before making their review. The reason why video games are so bad is because they're nothing like their video games, but Ratchet and Clank isn't like that. The movie has the same voice actors, weapons, villains, settings, and Insomniac was very involved in the movie, which most other video game movies didn't have.

It's like the critics have completely forgotten about that and are treating Ratchet and Clank like an original movie. They should look at the content that the movie is based off of first before viewing the movie itself.

Also, because I can't help myself: 7.8/10 because of too many guns!

Well, on the one hand, if the critics are unfamiliar with the games, they can give the movie an unbiased review. I mean, when you think about it, there's going to be a decent amount of people who will watch the movie without ever having played the games. That's one of the major points of the movie, to introduce people to the world of Ratchet and Clank. From what I'm reading from this review (ignoring the part about gun focus…emoji, it's the writing that falls short, and that's one of the things I'm worried about when it comes to pulling in new fans and getting decent reviews. Think about it, this movie has the unfortunate position of coming after movies like KFP 3 and Zootopia. And you can bet that critics are going to compare the overall, "oomph" of the story and what kind of message it sends to younger viewers as you can tell from that particular reviewer's last paragraph.

Who knows, maybe once we get more reviews, they'll be more open minded and more positive. Younger audiences and fans of the games will be able to appreciate the movie, I'm sure.