Thread: The poll discussion thread

I Tj fixman should take a break from writing Ratchet and Clank games. Unless they do a "find the lombaxes" plot-line, get someone else to write the script.

I thought he was already taking a break from writing the games? He posted something on WordPress that talked about how he stopped writing for the film two years before it released, too. Creative differences with the director.

Well, there hasn't been a RaC game since then.

New Poll: Favorite Ps2 weapon from Ps4 game? http://en.ratchet-galaxy.com/poll.php?id=171

1) Lavacitor
2) Glove of Doom
3) Heavy Bouncer
4) Sheepinator

Although I'm a sucker for the bouncer, I have to admit the glove of doom were the best re-imagined weapon ever! Especially when upgraded emoji

Man… I really need to get this game. emoji

I wish I had the Bouncer. I didn't even think of pre-ordering it. Just bought it on day one. Usually when I buy a game at Wal-Mart, it already had a code for some extras inside the case anyway. Heck, I didn't even play Sunset Overdrive until sometime this year and it STILL had a code included when I got it three-ish years later. But this, though… ugh, curse my old-fashionedism.

Nah I think you're right here, pre-order bonuses still leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Nah I think you're right here, pre-order bonuses still leave a bad taste in my mouth.

It's just why would I spend five more bucks just to make sure I got it early? I already know I was gonna it since the people in my county don't really care as much about this series. Plus it's just one weapon. If I pay five additonal bucks, I expect at least three (even if the other two are crappy weapons like the Clank Zapper or Holoshield Glove), but just one? Yeah, it's the freakin' Bouncer, but still. Five bucks is just too much for one gun.

Lavacitor, obviously! Very useful in close combat, especially against tanks and hordes of enemies.

It's just why would I spend five more bucks just to make sure I got it early? I already know I was gonna it since the people in my county don't really care as much about this series. Plus it's just one weapon. If I pay five additonal bucks, I expect at least three (even if the other two are crappy weapons like the Clank Zapper or Holoshield Glove), but just one? Yeah, it's the freakin' Bouncer, but still. Five bucks is just too much for one gun.

Exactly!!!

THIS WEEK'S POLL: "What should the next installment of Ratchet and Clank be?"

1) Another reboot?
2) A future series sequel?
3) A brand new adventure?
4) End the series now on a high note?

I personally think that Insomniac Games should make a brand new adventure that doesn't tie-in with any of the events. Back when TOD came out, you didn't know what to expect from the story, but it was great! Granted TJ Fixman has worn out his welcome, so maybe a new script writer could come into play. I would also like to see all-new planets, all-new weapons, and even all-new characters.

Erg, I'm torn between an all new adventure and ending the series on a high-note. One part of me will always want more Ratchet and Clank while the other part doesn't want my favorite video game series to be milked (we're already at 15 games).

On one hand I really do want to see UYA get a re-imagining since it was my favorite of the original series, yet I do want the "finding the lombaxes" story to be continued or resolved especially after the end of Nexus… YET at the same time I would love to see an all new adventure for the duo, though I guess this kinda could be in a similar category to continuing the post-future series in a way…

You know after writing all that I have the feeling I just really want another game to come out honestly… even though we just got one… emoji

Sequel to Future Saga. Or rather, a new part/duology/trilogy/whatevs after Nexus. Kind of 2 and 4 at the same time. emoji
(…and then a reboot again)

What a tough poll. Guess I'll go with a brand new adventure. We can stop sobbing over Ratchet's loss and start having new adventures, storylines, characters, and of course new weapons to love! The "find the Lombaxes" storyline is going nowhere if they make too many games based on it. But about ending the series, well, I personally don't want it to end soon. Maybe just a "long break" and return with a bang after some time.

I wish they would do at least a trilogy with R&C 2016 being the first entry. And after that return to the original series.