Thread: The poll discussion thread

I'm torn between Grim and Elaris.

With Grim, I like the idea of Ratchet having a father-figure type character. I love it when a badass character has a doting parent looking out for them.

Elaris was one of my favorite new characters, though. It's about time they introduced a character who can nerd out on the same level as Clank, and, between her and Cora, I liked Elaris way more in the game and movie. Cora just felt like a replacement for Talwyn. Only difference being Talwyn's initial hostility was understandable, and she became nicer a lot faster.

I actually liked Cora a little bit, she may not have been the strongest character or one I cared that much for but I feel she has great potential for motivation and character development later in the series. I was alright, for the most part, with her rough and tough personality. If she had gotten anymore screen time though, I would have been annoyed with her… She dose feel like a Talwyn-Tryhard like you said, almost like they wanted to put Tal in the reboot but that would have been weird so they made a character like her but more rough around the edges, and not in a particularity good way. Also, I liked her voice… maybe it's just because I am so jaded from all the anime and JRPGs I consume but having a female character who isn't a villain with a deep(er) voice is a breath of fresh air for me.

I actually felt she had more of a higher pitched voice, which I found to be a little annoying.
As a character, she's nice. I love the rebelish things she does, like when tells her to duck and shoots over her head. The way she reacted was perfect, but later in the movie she's 'once of the guys'. On par with Brax and Qwark, I felt she should have been smarter than that. It made her feel a little… dumb? I mean, I liked her. I just didn't love her.

That brings up a theme about the movie I didn't like: "Dumb, blowy-up-stuff guys are cool–smart guys are bad." They always seem to play that running joke of "Hey I have a plan, and plans make me smart, but tough guys don't want to hear it, and that makes them dumb and cool!"
Annnnnnd that's partially why Dr. Nefarious was a villian in the first place.

Good thing is, Ratchet finally asked them to listen to Elaris and Clank's plan. However in the game, I'll be honest, it's good to hear Elaris' voice on the radio, knowing someone is giving support from the back. The briefing made by her was also waaay better than Qwark's. And in the movie, wow, she was brave enough to fight Victor. So yeah, strategy and preparation first, shoot later. Unless in, you know, emergency occassions.

That brings up a theme about the movie I didn't like: "Dumb, blowy-up-stuff guys are cool–smart guys are bad." They always seem to play that running joke of "Hey I have a plan, and plans make me smart, but tough guys don't want to hear it, and that makes them dumb and cool!"
Annnnnnd that's partially why Dr. Nefarious was a villian in the first place.

Yeah… I wish they didn't use the "nerds vs. jocks"/ "brains vs. brawn" trope as much as they did in the movie… I personally wish people would move past these archetypes, their a bit tired by this point…

Same as Evelyn. The final story trailer is my favorite and the one that made me really hyped and eager to play the game.

Movie trailer for me. Because I haven't seen most of the trailers, cause I only watch the teasers and the first trailer. After that it's blinds on for me.

I would have picked the final story trailer as well, but then I remembered what made everyone hyped about the game and what it could offer visually, as it was our first vision of the game. That's why I picked the E3 2015 trailer. The song on both trailers though are great.

First time I'm seeing the story trailer now, what's the song name again? I like it too!

It's "Could've Been Me". emoji

Went with the E3 2015 one - it was the thing that made me ultimately hyped for the game, and while it might not have been as well put together as the story trailer, it had "Sweat Shock". And "Sweat Shock" kicked a** in that trailer. And "Sweat Shock" should've been played during the movie's credits instead of "Bad News Travels Fast". Did I mention that "Sweat Shock" is in my opinion the best song ever used in anything R&C related? "Sweat Shock" was awesome!

…aaaaaand this trailer didn't ruin my question of "will there actually be the Qwark betrayal in this story" emoji