Thread: Introduce yourself

Hello! I'm new here. I really wanted to make a Ratchet Galaxy account, because I'm OBSESSED with the Ratchet and Clank games! Literally obsessed. When I was 5 years old until about 8 years old I used to watch my brother and father play the Ratchet and Clank games on the PS2. The weapons and some enemies have been imprinted on my brain forever, even now that I am a 18 years old dude! Every thing I used to get my hand on turned into a Ratchet and Clank weapon. And I mean EVERY thing. For example, I had an ice grabber with three claws. This turned into a Plasma Coil, a Hunter-mine launcher or even an Annihilator, depending on what I wanted to imagine! Well... this is so embarrassing! I still do that sometimes. If you see a crazy teenager playing with plastic trash as a Minirocket tube on the streets of my country, be sure it's me! So yes, I will never become an adult, I'll be a little child forever!filename12.png

Time for some irrelevant facts of me! So apart from Ratchet and Clank stuff, I like being and looking old-fashioned! I have long, curly hair just like people in the 80s used to have, I wear formal clothes and jeans every season and I NEVER use a smartphone. I HATE smartphones. I only have a simple mobile phone with buttons, stuffed with Ratchet and Clank pictures! Right now I'm looking for a flip phone. I used to have my father's old one, but it was much too used years ago and it wasn't convenient. Anyway, let's talk about computers! I have a desktop from 2005 I think with my favourite OS, Windows XP. The BEST Windows I've ever seen so far, everything after that is trash.

Ok, too much off-topic, but I wanted to talk about them! Ok, back to the community stuff! I have written my first fan-fiction! However, I am VERY disappointed that it has NO views so far. I took a lot of effort to make a story, even though in my opinion it didn't turn out good.filename14.png Please check it out and tell me how awful it is!  It is based off of the first three games, because they're the only ones + Gladiator that I own, since I only own a PS2. BUT, in response to misconceptions, having only four games of the series doesn't mean I'm not a good fan! Let's say I'm a fan from the 2000's! And, to my point of view, I think Ratchet and Clank is a bit over-continued. For example, I found out that in the next games it is revealed that Clank has a father, to which I completely disagree since he was made from a factory, his mother, and that Ratchet's home planet isn't Veldin, which is also too much of a plot twist.

Anyway, that's all about me, please consider telling me about what you think about what I mentioned!

This is copied & pasted from my profile, but it encompasses pretty much what I would have said otherwise.  Sorry for the length!  I know most people just post a few words.  But meh...that's never been something I'm terribly good at.  lol  

Hello!  I am a gamer going way back to the 70s (as a little kid, if that reveals my age enough...lol) when I had an Atari 2600.  Which was THE popular game system in the late 70s.  I loved those old 4-byte games (and the larger, and more complex, coin-op arcade games I played in the 80s), which can still be played if you purchase them through the PlayStation store.   

In the 90s, I had a Nintendo NES, and my favorite game types became more of what I preferred to play in the arcades...mostly platform games (i.e. Donkey Kong, etc.).  The Super Mario Brothers trilogy were my favorite games of this era. 

I took a long time off from gaming after that, and took to other hobbies.  History and living history became big things for me in college and afterwards, and I became an American Civil War reenactor and living historian, doing battle reenactments and also living histories at state and national parks (such as Gettysburg, Andersonville, and Fort Delaware).  I founded and, eventually, led the 8th New Jersey Volunteer Infantry Regiment, based in New Jersey, and being a living historian encompassed some of the best years of my life, meeting so many great people, visiting so many great places, and doing such great stuff! 

When it comes to history, I am also passionate about the Titanic, and also the Alaskan gold rush...leading up to the 1925 Nome Serum Run (for which I have created a website linked in my profile).  I greatly enjoy discussing these! 

In 2016, I purchased the PlayStation 4 system as a bundle, because I was curious about the Ratchet & Clank game and the movie (which I also purchased).  I like both very much, and it was they that led me eventually to hunger for more Ratchet & Clank.  I then purchased a PS3 (used but in great shape), and started accessing more titles...first the Future trilogy, which I love.  Then Into the Nexus, and finally All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault.  I'm not so crazy about the last two, but I actually do love Into The Nexus, and I find the Future trilogy to be, easily, the best storytelling and graphic style of ANY of the Ratchet & Clank games, bar none...specifically A Crack In Time...the storytelling is thorough and unequalled.  I TRIED to get into the Ratchet & Clank collection, which has the first three R&C games in it remastered for the PS3, but I found the graphics and engines to be clunky and primitive, and the game play unnecessarily difficult in some places...which leaves players stuck without a way out unless they keep at it until each section is completed.  Plus, in the original game, Ratchet is an arrogant little cuss who's NOTHING like he became in the later games.  And unlike those R&C fans who have nostalgic hardcore love for the first game, I find the first game to be ridiculous compared with the later games...and I even find the storytelling and character development in the 2016 game to be better.  Sorry, gang, but I do.  And I have written plenty of fan fiction in other genres, and studied writing and production in college, to know this.   

I am eager to connect with people here, but know that I am NOT a hardcore gamer, and do not care to pick nits and muddle over things the way most hardcore gamers do.  I don't have a YouTube vlog channel where I post five billion-and-one gameplay walkthroughs...I find myself disgusted by those who trash incessantly on the 2016 game and movie...and I don't compete in online gaming, or care much about collecting and amassing trophies and accolades.  I am a CASUAL gamer.  I enjoy gaming for its own sake.  To enjoy it...not to obsess about it. 

My games on the PS3 include: Ratchet & Clank Deadlocked (which I am not that crazy about); Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction; Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty; Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time; Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault; Ratchet & Clank All 4 One; Ratchet & Clank Into The Nexus; The Ratchet & Clank Collection (which, as I have already commented on earlier, I really don't like that much at all); Sly Cooper Thieves In Time; and Back To The Future. 

My games on the PS4 include: Ratchet & Clank (2016); The Last Guardian; Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (parts 1-5), Rayman Legends; Atari Flashback Classics, Vols. 1 & 2 (encompassing most of the classic Atari 2600 games, as well as many coin-op arcade games they made); Lego Dimensions (which I almost never play), and Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (which I also almost never play).

I hope to be as active on the forum as time will allow.  I have participated in other fan forums before, both as a member and, occasionally, as a moderator.  I don't troll, and I prefer to keep the peace with folks so long as they can do the same with me.  I write fan fiction from time to time, and used to do fan videos, though it's been a long while.  I will attempt to contribute in that way here when time and circumstances (and creative sparks) allow.  I will not tolerate myself or anyone else being beat down because of the fact that I came into the Ratchet & Clank fandom and gaming through the 2016 game and the movie, and that I happen to like the 2016 game completely over the original 2002 game.  I respect that others, for nostalgic reasons, like the original better.  That's fine.  Respect my reasons for liking the 2016 one better as well.  You WON'T change my mind about the 2002 game anymore than I presume I couldn't (or might not) change yours about the 2016 game if you happen to dislike it.  

What do I consider the best Ratchet & Clank game?  By far, A Crack In Time is the best in terms of character development, story and graphics/animation out of ANY of them.  Period.  Yes, the graphics in the 2016 game are amazing, but the CGI animation is a bit...wanting, and in need of some development.  

Hello everyone! Despite having gown up with a playstation, I never played any of the R&C games. My obsession was Spyro and Spyro only. lol  I was introduced to the R&C franchise by the above user in 2016 when the film was released. I'm currently playing a Crack in Time, but I have played through Tools of Destruction. I also have All 4 One. 

haaaiii 

Hello everyone! Despite having gown up with a playstation, I never played any of the R&C games. My obsession was Spyro and Spyro only. lol  I was introduced to the R&C franchise by the above user in 2016 when the film was released. I'm currently playing a Crack in Time, but I have played through Tools of Destruction. I also have All 4 One. 

Welcome aboard, HollieByGolly!  Glad to have someone here I know!

Hey! I am pleased to join this wonderful community! emoji

Welcome ! emoji

my name is adam, I'm 26 years old, I've been playing this game since the beginning, and I'm glad the publisher made a good game so that game enthusiasts like me can play it

my name is adam, I'm 26 years old, I've been playing this game since the beginning, and I'm glad the publisher made a good game so that game enthusiasts like me can play it

Weclome to the forum!

Hi, my name is Ondra I am 14 years old from the Czech Republic from the town of Havířov and I'm a RandC fan since the age of 4 my favorite Ratchet game is Ratchet:Gladiator (Deadlocked) and my second favorite Ratchet game is the original Ratchet and Clank and I hope that I will be welcomed in the community. Peace with you.
Hi, my name is Ondra I am 14 years old from the Czech Republic from the town of Havířov and I'm a RandC fan since the age of 4 my favorite Ratchet game is Ratchet:Gladiator (Deadlocked) and my second favorite Ratchet game is the original Ratchet and Clank and I hope that I will be welcomed in the community. Peace with you.

Welcome aboard, Ondra!  You won't find this forum to be currently very active, but there is still occasional posting.  

Hello everybody, my name is Hoot Freeman. I'm just your average guy that trying to find his part in this universe. I am 21 years old and currently working on making a custom Smash sheet for Ratchet & Clank, one that i am going to town on.

Nice to meet you !

My name is Ibuki Teruyama, a virtual YouTuber in Japan.

I have a live gameplay show on YouTube.

I've been a fan of Ratchet & Clank since I was a kid and would love to do a live stream of the show someday. I'm going to do that.

If you are interested, please take a look.

Brand new here;

Big fan of the dynamic duo; I have the all 4 one game for ps3 and I enjoy the story telling and the characters themselves. One of the coolest things about these two characters are they steadily work together always. Clank reminds me of sprocket from PR but instead of being a mad scientist in waiting he's a smart intelligence that aids you on your way. I hope to meet everyone soon. I also enjoy Jakk and Daxter series so I feel they are both fun to enjoy. Thanks again. 

God Bless and see you around these parts!

Hello everybody,  my name is Marc I'm from Spain and I'm 21. I don't know how I found this forum but I'm very happy to see that there is a nice community about R&C on the Internet. During the last years I've been looking content about R&C on Reddit (and the Insomniac forums but I suppose you know what happened).

I played R&C since I was 4 years old, and I have all the games except FFA. My favourite one from PS2 is Going Commando and from PS3 is ACiT.  Hope I can contribute here!