Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

I was really not worried about this not being a sequel to Nexus after what we've seen. But all the better to have confirmation. filename11.png

Playing as Mysterious Female Ratchet... figured. When I'm playing a Sly game, I always do Murray and Bentley missions first real quick so I can go back to playing Sly. That has to do with Sly having the coolest mechanics, while the others feel downgraded. From the prosthetic arm and hammer I estimate FemRatchet's going to have more up close combat, whereas Ratchet will rely on ranged weapons mostly. 

I was really not worried about this not being a sequel to Nexus after what we've seen. But all the better to have confirmation. filename11.png

Playing as Mysterious Female Ratchet... figured. When I'm playing a Sly game, I always do Murray and Bentley missions first real quick so I can go back to playing Sly. That has to do with Sly having the coolest mechanics, while the others feel downgraded. From the prosthetic arm and hammer I estimate FemRatchet's going to have more up close combat, whereas Ratchet will rely on ranged weapons mostly. 

I think she'll play identical to Ratchet honestly. It's gonnae be real cool to see how they handle the characters having two different weapon pools. Also, someone pointed this out on a /v/ thread, this game has the exact same premise as Sonic Rush lmfao.

Also hi, this is my first post lol

Looking at the gameplay footage again, it looks like that new dodge move comes from the Rift Tether on Ratchet's right hand, and acts kind of like the Iron Man repulsors:

This is a bit of a stretch, but the new lombax character has a robotic right arm, so I wonder if she could have the same abilities installed directly into the arm? She also seems right handed like Ratchet, so it's definitely possible she could play the same way! But yeah it's gonna be interesting to see how the weapons will work between them...

If they are in alternate dimensions, maybe for every weapon Ratchet has, she might have a different looking one that just functions the same?

There's likely going to be something unique about each one, otherwise there isn't really a point to switch character (other than narrative purposes). Question is: what's it going to be? Different weapon pool doesn't sound too appealing, but different gadgets, now that I would like!

Looking at the gameplay footage again, it looks like that new dodge move comes from the Rift Tether on Ratchet's right hand, and acts kind of like the Iron Man repulsors:

This is a bit of a stretch, but the new lombax character has a robotic right arm, so I wonder if she could have the same abilities installed directly into the arm? She also seems right handed like Ratchet, so it's definitely possible she could play the same way! But yeah it's gonna be interesting to see how the weapons will work between them...

If they are in alternate dimensions, maybe for every weapon Ratchet has, she might have a different looking one that just functions the same?

it kinda reminds me of how Mario Odyseey introduces one mechanic in Cappy, that serves mutiples purposes, movement, possession, all that. Yeah she'll probably have it built into her arm too.I think it'd be cool for them to have two totally different weapon pools, but then they switch in NG+.

I'm not sure if she'll get weapons -- it would be weird to have new weapons that Ratchet can't use, or the same weapons that Ratchet uses with different upgrades. Hopefully Clank gameplay will be combined with her gameplay instead of resorting Clank to a backpack role for her.

And with Clank missing from Ratchet, will we see the hoverboots return? The REAL hoverboots.

My money is on yes -- after all, the Original PS2 GrindBoots have returned, so I would definitely hope to see A Crack in Time hoverboots return.

By the way, new weekly poll is up emoji

Man, it's been a long time since I last posted on here...

It's about time I see a new R&C game announced, and it appears to be bringing this site back to life~! filename8.png

The pics so far look awesome, and is that.. a female lombax I see? filename17.png I can't wait for this to release so I can play it!

And with Clank missing from Ratchet, will we see the hoverboots return? The REAL hoverboots.

Please, yes! 

Man, it's been a long time since I last posted on here...

It's about time I see a new R&C game announced, and it appears to be bringing this site back to life~! filename8.png

The pics so far look awesome, and is that.. a female lombax I see? filename17.png I can't wait for this to release so I can play it!

Hey! How have you been? 

I'm not sure if she'll get weapons -- it would be weird to have new weapons that Ratchet can't use, or the same weapons that Ratchet uses with different upgrades. Hopefully Clank gameplay will be combined with her gameplay instead of resorting Clank to a backpack role for her.

By the way, new weekly poll is up emoji

It would be weird to have her use new weapons Ratchet can't but it'd be interesting, I feel it'd give the game its own identity a little more. Honestly, I really don't like the Clank sections lmao, so I hope she just uses him for movement.

Granted I haven't played A Crack In Time, which I should do, apparently

Right after I fix my busted ass PS3 lmao

also oshit ill vote on the poll

Just a little preview of something I'm working on for Saturday emoji

Just a little preview of something I'm working on for Saturday emoji

woah shit that looks really cool.

what do you lads think of Nefarious returning?

He needs his butler: Lawrence hasn't been in a RaC game since 2011!

maybe lol

ill be honest, I don't like nefarious. He has like no motive, and I feel ratchet 3 would have had a better plot if Courtney Gears was the real villain. I don't think he's the true villain of Rift Apart tho. Idk, I feel like something else is going on there.

maybe lol

ill be honest, I don't like nefarious. He has like no motive, and I feel ratchet 3 would have had a better plot if Courtney Gears was the real villain. I don't think he's the true villain of Rift Apart tho. Idk, I feel like something else is going on there.

What do you mean by "He has no motive"? I would think that becoming a robot at the hands of Captain Qwark (His old high school bully) would be motive enough to be a villain...

maybe lol

What do you mean by "He has no motive"? I would think that becoming a robot at the hands of Captain Qwark (His old high school bully) would be motive enough to be a villain...

I don't know, I think it was the whole thing about how he would talk about how robots aren't treated well, when like nothing in the game showed that lol.

rip that voice actor tho, his voice must hurt lol