Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

He needs his butler: Lawrence hasn't been in a RaC game since 2011!

maybe lol

ill be honest, I don't like nefarious. He has like no motive, and I feel ratchet 3 would have had a better plot if Courtney Gears was the real villain. I don't think he's the true villain of Rift Apart tho. Idk, I feel like something else is going on there.

What do you mean by "He has no motive"? I would think that becoming a robot at the hands of Captain Qwark (His old high school bully) would be motive enough to be a villain...

I don't know, I think it was the whole thing about how he would talk about how robots aren't treated well, when like nothing in the game showed that lol.

rip that voice actor tho, his voice must hurt lol

LOL ikr nefarious does have a giant yell that breaks my ear   drums and causes them to bleed. I can't imagine what happened to insomniac devs during voice acting sessions

maybe lol

ill be honest, I don't like nefarious. He has like no motive, and I feel ratchet 3 would have had a better plot if Courtney Gears was the real villain. I don't think he's the true villain of Rift Apart tho. Idk, I feel like something else is going on there.

What do you mean by "He has no motive"? I would think that becoming a robot at the hands of Captain Qwark (His old high school bully) would be motive enough to be a villain...

I don't know, I think it was the whole thing about how he would talk about how robots aren't treated well, when like nothing in the game showed that lol.

Ah, that way... yeah, come to think of it, the only robot I can see who's not really treated well is Lawrence! filename9.gif

That being said, how would a Courtney Gears plot work?

maybe lol

Ah, that way... yeah, come to think of it, the only robot I can see who's not really treated well is Lawrence! filename9.gif

That being said, how would a Courtney Gears plot work?

I'm not sure, maybe Nefarious is still there, but he gets tricked by her at the end, and she wants to use the Biobliterater to reprogram peoples mind's to reach maximum fame? Idk, the game seems like it wants to be about fame, but also its not lmao. I think she's way more interesting, cool design, and a cool visual and musical style, shes so memorable to me.

I do love Nefarious' minor role in Gladiator lmfao

maybe lol

LOL ikr nefarious does have a giant yell that breaks my ear   drums and causes them to bleed. I can't imagine what happened to insomniac devs during voice acting sessions

im sure they have a blast sheild lol

This confirms that there will be old and new worlds coming to this game. Judging from the trailer, we see daytime, night-time versions of Torren IV, which makes me wonder if Azimuth could return. 

We see Ardolis -- could Captain Slag and Rusty Pete return? We see Cronk in the trailer -- could he and Zephyr return? We see a Bogon Galaxy planet in the trailer -- could this be the first game where all three Galaxies return in one? The possibilities seem endless!

Does anyone know when the next Sony gameplay event is? I'd wager we see some Female Lombax gameplay, and hopefully some Clank gameplay too emoji

This confirms that there will be old and new worlds coming to this game. Judging from the trailer, we see daytime, night-time versions of Torren IV, which makes me wonder if Azimuth could return in an alternate reality. 

We see Ardolis -- could Captain Slag and Rusty Pete return? We see Cronk in the trailer -- could he and Zephyr return? We see a Bogon Galaxy planet in the trailer -- could this be the first game where all three Galaxies return in one? The possibilities seem endless!

Does anyone know when the next Sony gameplay event is? I'd wager we see some Female Lombax gameplay, and hopefully some Clank gameplay too emoji

This confirms that there will be old and new worlds coming to this game. Judging from the trailer, we see daytime, night-time versions of Torren IV, which makes me wonder if Azimuth could return. 

There are rumours that there will be another event in August. But I think that that event will focus on some more un announced games and maybe the price, UI and some other specs. 

There was an article on the PlayStation Blog two days ago (if I remember correctly) where Insomniac provided more details about Miles Morales. My bet is that they will do the same for Ratchet & Clank. 

Honestly, I'd rather have just new planets, but as long as its like, 3 returning ones, that'd be cool with me. I think it's cool when theres like on returning planet, like Orxon from Gladiator, or Metropolis from 3, but as long as they don't over do it like Sonic Mania, we should be good.

Insomniac Games liked this tweet -- I have a feeling this isn't the only Bogon world we will be getting emoji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKgvVS53e9s

some interesting stuff in here. Would have liked new gameplay but eh what can ye do

"This is a game that tells the story of an arch-nemesis coming to town, and accidentally damaging the fabric of space-time, and causing dimensional rifts to erupt all throughout the world."

An 'arch-nemesis' returns to try and take out R&C and somehow rips a hole in the fabric of space-time - only Nefarious could mess up that badly filename7.gif 

I'm guessing he does something with the dimensionator? Or perhaps he tried to build his own, which is why it went wrong? I have so many questions/theories right now lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6_b0DikfI The first episode of Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart is finally here!

Also, interesting news -- might have to make a new post about it emoji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKgvVS53e9s

some interesting stuff in here. Would have liked new gameplay but eh what can ye do

"This is a game that tells the story of an arch-nemesis coming to town, and accidentally damaging the fabric of space-time, and causing dimensional rifts to erupt all throughout the world."

An 'arch-nemesis' returns to try and take out R&C and somehow rips a hole in the fabric of space-time - only Nefarious could mess up that badly filename7.gif 

I'm guessing he does something with the dimensionator? Or perhaps he tried to build his own, which is why it went wrong? I have so many questions/theories right now lmao

Oh yeah only Neffy can mess up this bad filename9.gif

maybe lol

maybe lol

Dont really respect this Nefarious slander I'm seeing here