Thread: Building a Life-size OmniWrench Replica – Millennium 12

And here it is, the completed prop! To say I’m happy with the result would be an understatement emoji 

This was my first time working with electroluminescent materials which was a fantastic excuse to teach myself a new aspect of electronics.

This was the most complex painting project I’ve undertaken thus far, so this was a worthy challenge in trying to improve my painting skills.

It looks awesome!! That will look great in your wall, I am sure. Looks like you've made good time too. Any other projects you will start soon?
It looks awesome!! That will look great in your wall, I am sure. Looks like you've made good time too. Any other projects you will start soon?

Thanks so much! As for projects, you could say I have a couple filename7.gif

Here's the shortlist of Ratchet and Clank related ones:

- OmniWrench from Up your Arsenal (3D model and 3D print)

- Life size Clank with full articulation (3D model and 3D print)

- The blaster from the first game (3D model and 3D print)

- A replica of the Mini Turret from the PS2 games (3D model and 3D print)

- Plasma Coil (3D model and 3D print)

On his wall... and on the face of his enemies filename46.png

I guess you could say that haha

And all those crates sitting around here better look out too!

I'm also very excited to share that recently my OmniWrench was used in an official Sony PlayStation commercial! I’m humbled to have contributed to this brilliant commercial that is promoting the new Ratchet and Clank game coming to PlayStation 5. 

The crew in London were also kind enough to send me some cool photos of the prop on set and behind the scenes during filming for commercial and I've posted those below.

Here's the commercial:
https://youtu.be/USmZ4ultnDg 

And then here's some behind the scenes photos and close ups:

Cool! Was the Wrench originally comissioned by SCEE?
Cool! Was the Wrench originally comissioned by SCEE?

Thanks so much! The story is I started it as a personal project for fun, but then the designer producing the commercial contacted me asking if they could use it after seeing my update posts on Instagram. So it was a mad dash to the finish with getting it painted and the shipped from Australia to the UK! 

It was a mad dash but well worth it!

Watched the trailer, the wrench was definitely the star :P
Okay wait, how did I miss this ?

This is pure gold I love this kind of humour, and the wrench is AWEsome

I'm also very excited to share that recently my OmniWrench was used in an official Sony PlayStation commercial! I’m humbled to have contributed to this brilliant commercial that is promoting the new Ratchet and Clank game coming to PlayStation 5. 

WOW! I thought that prop was made by Sony themselves! That's really cool, it looks amazing!

Thank so much for the kind words folks emoji 

I'll have some more cool stuff to share soon as I've now also 3D modelled one of the wrenches from the PS2 games!

If you'd like to see even more ratchet and clank stuff I'm working on, I update my Instagram much more frequently, so please do check it it emoji 

https://www.instagram.com/jonah_pope_design/

Hey, I see you're with the 501st Legion! I assume the Scout and Vader are you?

I'm currently working on my own costume for my application to the Dutch Garrison (Iden Versio from Battlefront II). If the weather allows it, I'm paiting the armor pieces black tomorrow. filename.png

This is a WIP. Just finished the side panels last week. 

I'm currently working on my own costume for my application to the Dutch Garrison (Iden Versio from Battlefront II). If the weather allows it, I'm paiting the armor pieces black tomorrow. filename.png

This is a WIP. Just finished the side panels last week. 

"We weren't expecting Special Forces..."

That's the point, Sergeant.

Kind sucks they updated (rightfully) the CRL page where they list all the requirements. Updated as in: updated it this morning. Not twenty four hours after I sealed the deal by painting everything. But luckily I'm allowed keep working towards the old requirements. I'm good long as it's approved by my garrison before January next year, then the new requirements will apply. filename.png

Hey there! You're bang on with your guess there. Vader was my first costume and then I built a Scout so that I had something more mobile.

And that's awesome to hear! I've been doing troops with the 501st for 5 years now and absolutely love it. It's amazing to be able to take our love of Star Wars and do charity work with it emoji