Thread: Help Thread

Deleted user

Hi, I would like to ask how to upgrade spiderbot easily. Because I am running 3rd Challenge Mode and I am using only this weapon and it took me like forever to upgrade to full version. I have Mega version, I am using it to beat almost every enemy I met, and the result is… still not full upgraded.
Is this some kind of glitch?

I've had similar things in ToD. The meter was actually full, but didn't show me the level-up animation. But when I kept using the weapon it suddenly upgrated twice. So all I can think about now is that it didn't show the animation and the interface is frozen, but its still counting. That was my case at leastemoji

The spiderbot is a really powerful device when used right, so it takes ages to upgrade, that's how the games work. You have to use the stronger weapons for longer to upgrade them fully. It takes me a while to upgrade the spiderbot, and on most playthroughs I don't upgrade it fully. But if you are playing the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy for PS3, you could very well be experiencing a glitch, though remember that the spiderbot just straight-up takes ages to upgrade anyway, so It's probably not a glitch.

What I use to do (this was way back when I first go the game) to upgarde it was go to an area where Protopets or something spawn infinitely and just keep throwing out spiders, but if I recall correctly as they respawn they contain less and less XP so eventually you'd start to notice the XP bar isn't moving at all (when actually it's just going REALLY slow) so you could kill yourself and start again.

I think that more recently though I've grown tired of sitting around repeating that process, so I just go though the last level using mostly the spiderbot, it should get heaps of XP from the stronger enemies.

Remember that different types of enemies have different amounts of experience, go for the tougher ones.