Thread: Introduce yourself

Hello!
I'm Ameela, 16 years old and a bit of a Ratchet and Clank noob :p
I got the newest game for the PS4 and thought it was really fun! Since then I've pretty much played through most of the games, at least the ones that are on the PS3, and I've been having a blast (heh) with the series!

Anyway, I was hoping to talk about these awesome games with some other people and, well, here I am.

Heya! Welcome. Glad to hear you got into this franchise through the new PS4 game! You planning on playing any of the PS2 games? There's actually a bunch of them remastered on PS3.emoji

I actually did play them! They were pretty cheap so I had no problem getting them, I'm only missing Gladiator and Nexus I think.

My favourite game in the series is a tie between the PS4 game and A Crack in Time, while my least favourite might be All 4 One. I'm sorry if there are any fans of it here, but it was so basic and so long that I couldn't help but feel bored most of the time, maybe that's just a problem with me though.

Oh good! You're mostly caught up then! A Crack in Time is my personal favorite. Beautiful story, environments and music. They never quite recreated that imo.

I think most people will agree on All4One. While it looked great, it was dissapointing it was so different. Just like QForce.

Hello! My name is Rita, I'm 19 y.o. newbie player from Russia~
Unfortunately I don't have enough time to play all the games by myself but I've seen cutscenes of almost every R&C game and this is fun! Gotta play it all once summer vacation kicks in (⌒ω⌒)
Can't name my most favourite game considering I haven't played any of them yet, but storywise I like Crack in Time a lot.
I hope to be able to assist in making this place more active (〃^▽^〃)

Hiya Rita!
Welcome to our little R&C corner. Feel free to post in some older topics to get a new conversation started. emoji

Hello! My name is Rita, I'm 19 y.o. newbie player from Russia~
Unfortunately I don't have enough time to play all the games by myself but I've seen cutscenes of almost every R&C game and this is fun! Gotta play it all once summer vacation kicks in (⌒ω⌒)
Can't name my most favourite game considering I haven't played any of them yet, but storywise I like Crack in Time a lot.
I hope to be able to assist in making this place more active (〃^▽^〃)

Привет, Рита! You're the first Russian I've ever met here. So, do you live in the European or Asian side of Russia?

Привет, Рита! You're the first Russian I've ever met here.

Was that work of Google Translate or you really speak Russian? Sorry for my over the top curiousity ;w;"

So, do you live in the European or Asian side of Russia?

European! Currently I live in Moscow but in probably 3 years I'll be leaving this place and moving to smaller city in Asian part.

Oh, and sorry for separate message ;w;

You're the first Russian I've ever met here.

Really?! I guess not so many of Russian fans are keen on idea of going to English-speaking website x'3

Привет, Рита! You're the first Russian I've ever met here.

Was that work of Google Translate or you really speak Russian? Sorry for my over the top curiousity ;w;"

Nope, I can read Cyrillic and understand a little Russian, though I still have trouble with the various "sh" sounds and the "soft mark" (ь). Because there are ш, щ, and ж and I still have no idea how to tell the difference by listening.

Oh, and speaking about Moscow, I wish to travel there some day. I'm curious, is it true that the temperature could reach -30°C during winter? And is it cold most of the time there? Because I'm not really cold-resistant and I'm not sure if the ushanka and jackets I have right now could help me survive that much cold emoji

Nope, I can read Cyrillic and understand a little Russian

Oh wow, a foreigner who understands Russian! Such a rare sight :3 you're one rare Lombax aren't you

though I still have trouble with the various "sh" sounds and the "soft mark" (ь). Because there are ш, щ, and ж and I still have no idea how to tell the difference by listening.

I can try to help somehow if you need help with it : )

Oh, and speaking about Moscow, I wish to travel there some day. I'm curious, is it true that the temperature could reach -30°C during winter?

It is true! But trust me - it's better to be out at -30 without any wind than at -15 but with strong winds.

And is it cold most of the time there?

It is true. Even now it's really cold for May. It was +20 on Saturday but on Sunday temperature went down until +10 and winds made everything even worse. But gosh if you ever come to real summer in here you better be ready to get burnt because summer here without water or ice cream by your side is hard to survive.

Because I'm not really cold-resistant and I'm not sure if the ushanka and jackets I have right now could help me survive that much cold

Pro tip - bring a lot of socks, really good boots, put on sweater, some winter coat and winter hat with scarf - you'll be fine at -30 if it's not windy.
You can always go into some cafe if you get cold - we don't have any problems with heating in here so it's uaually very, VERY warm inside. Like if it's -36 outside it could be still +20 inside.

I wish to travel there some day.

If you come here at some point in time I'm here I could show you around emoji

Thanks, but for now, I don't really need that skill, since I'm not planning to go to Russia soon (except maybe if I got thrown into a Russian server when playing Team Fortress 2 or War Thunder)

Thanks, but for now, I don't really need that skill, since I'm not planning to go to Russia soon (except maybe if I got thrown into a Russian server when playing Team Fortress 2 or War Thunder)

I bet you'll learn only swear words in there :"D

Not really, since in War Thunder, you can only chat by typing and they censor all swear words. And there was once that other unlucky foreigner who popped out of nowhere and type "cyka blyat". But my friend who plays CS:GO said that Russians are much crazier there. But I think I remember entering a Russian server in TF2, with all those people screaming on their mics.