Thread: Possible plot device for next R&C

If anyone has listened to the news reports in a crack in time, you will have heard the one about Max Apogee and Angela Cross fleeing from emperor tachyons onslaught and disappearing on planet Jacindu. I think this could well be the plot for the next R&C.

But its just a thought

Anyone have any comments on the matter?

If anyone has not heard this news report, its on the A Crack in Time soundtrack on this site, track 188.

Deleted user

yeah, after I heard that during a playthrough I was like "Wow!" And also thought that it would be great if it's part of the next Ratchet and Clank title too. Though some believe there may not be another Ratchet :S well, at least for a while anyway. But no one knows for sure yet anyway, and there's too many unanswered questions yet :P I'd like to know what happened with Max Apogee and Angela.

Well hopefully Insomniac wont be stupid enough to end one of the greatest game series's of all time when it getting at it technological best and yeah, there is so much left unexplained, like what happened to max apogee and the lombaxes (also why the hell don't they try to fix the dementionator, and how did it break in the first place).

And when you think about it, tools of destruction and a crack in time were all about showing us ratchet and clanks origins, why go to all that trouble if your not going to do something with it.

Plus in that recent interview on the news page it says there might be another Ratchet and Clank

One other thing I would like to see is if ratchet will ever find a way to bring back the Lombaxes to Polaris. Maybe it may have something to do with this possible plot device.

Deleted user

yeah true, I think there is still lots of great plot possibilities for the Ratchet series, involving the use of travel to other dimensions, finding the lombaxes and finding out the whole deal behind Max Apogee too. If there is a next game, then I'm pretty sure it'll be about finding Ratchet's kind, now that Clank's past has been pretty much 'cleared up' with Orvus, the Great Clock and all that emoji

We shouldn't forgot that Orvus has only disappeared, he's probably still alive… somewhere emoji Maybe we could meet him again =D

Deleted user

yeah, no one really knows what happened to Orvus, he could be dead, hiding, another dimension, etc etc… who knows emoji? But there is so much potential for yet another epic adventure like Crack in Time, as we can all see.

Yeah, maybe Orvus will come back and show them how to get to the dimension with the Lombaxes (with him being all zoni and stuff). But they better make another game to explain all this or I think they'll have a lot of angry fans to answer to. emoji

Deleted user

Oh yeah, for sure XD! I still wanna find out more from the series… well if the worst is to happen (no more Ratchet games) then fans will just have to do their own thing =O

But I have a feeling there's a bit more to come ;D

I believe that Ratchet and Clank will carry on, and i think that your first post may be the case.
However, what worries me is that so many magazines and other web sites are certain that ACiT is the last one.
I am concerned, but I have high hopes.

Yeah well what do they know, they're not Insomniac, and in that recent interview on the news page there's slight hints towards another R&C game.

But I hope they do coz there is so much left unanswered

They do have so many unanswered!
I would like it to be a really long game, with lots of drama and action, not that ACiT wasn't enough, but the more drama and twists the better.
But when will it come out?
Maybe 2011 or 2012, not this year for sure.

Deleted user

Im hoping for another too, to answer more questions and things as well. I don't mind if there isn't one this year too, but who knows what will come, or not… :p I'd really like to know how the lombaxes are doing, and maybe some familiar faces of the past too.

I wish there was one coming out this year.

Deleted user

If there happens to be another Ratchet title coming, I would really like to see more Max Apogee and Orvus in the next game. Max Apogee had quite some build up in Tools of Destruction, but was never seen in the game nor in the sequels. Orvus at least made an appearance in A Crack in Time, but disappeared afterward. Little to know where he is now or if he's still alive.

These particular two are probably the only characters that I want to know more about because they had so much build up to the Future Saga plot, but were slightly mentioned/appeared in the game(s).

Where are they? What are they up to now? Are they alive? dead? unconscious? It's making my brain go insane. emoji