Thread: Possible plot device for next R&C

Who knows? We are shackled together to the chairs of the unknown and misunderstood! Hopefully we'll get out soon. If you got my metaphor!

Deleted user

Lol! That's so true xD

But yeah, I really want to know what the heck happened with Max Apogee and Orvus as well… and hopefully Talwyn gets brought back into the story again too.

Lol! That's so true xD

But yeah, I really want to know what the heck happened with Max Apogee and Orvus as well… and hopefully Talwyn gets brought back into the story again too.

Yes, i missed Tal in ACiT.

Hopefully we won't really be shackled to the chairs and tables of unknown. That was a joke.

Deleted user
Lol! That's so true xD

If Talwyn ever appears in another Ratchet and Clank title, she should at least be more involved in the plot and become a more intriguing character than before. She was interesting when you first meet her, but later on in TOD and even in QFB, she becomes not that important. If only Insomniac could of brought their first plot idea in TOD of Talwyn betraying Ratchet by giving the Dimensionator to Tachyon (if anybody knows what I'm talking about). But, I guess IG weren't going any further with that plot point in the game and had to scrap it. Oh well, that's the life of a game story designer. Some ideas work, but others do not.

Also, what really bugged me about Talwyn in Tools of Destruction and maybe even in Quest 4 Booty (although I haven't played it, but I've watched the cinematics and gameplay of the game) was that she kept becoming the damsel in distress. She could fly and could defend herself to shoot enemies, but she would get kidnapped. How does that work? But hey, at least she defended Ratchet and Clank from Slag and Rusty Pete by throwing a gas bomb at those wretched robot pirates. I'll give her credit for that part.

emoji

Deleted user

Hmm I haven't actually played QfB yet so I don't know what she's like in that game (saw a few cutscenes, but not all of them). But yeah, it is rather annoying when female characters always end up as a Damsel in Distress, especially more than once :/ but yeah, since she has connections with Max and seems to know a lot about lombaxes, there is a chance they could do better with her in another game, if they were to make one sooner or later.

Deleted user

I have an imagine how could be next game… Lawrence could save Nefarious before crash (station explosion). But Nefarious is broken and Lawrence must fix him, BUT after fixing Nefarious will remember anything (He lost his memory). And if Courtney Gears is still alive, she could be here too.

I am not very good for writting story, but I thing this could be good idea. emoji

Deleted user

Hmm I'm not really sure about Nefarious coming back, well I like him a lot though (one of my favorite villains) but it may seem a bit too out of place… I imagine there would be a new villain or maybe even Tachyon if he didn't die (he's just shown falling into a black hole) or maybe even Lawrence has something planned 8O?

Deleted user
Hmm I'm not really sure about Nefarious coming back, well I like him a lot though (one of my favorite villains) but it may seem a bit too out of place… I imagine there would be a new villain or maybe even Tachyon if he didn't die (he's just shown falling into a black hole) or maybe even Lawrence has something planned 8O?

It would be nice to see Nefarious again, but I would agree with Tara that he needs a break. I like him as well, but we need to see a new villain and characters since every Ratchet and Clank title needs something new and different but at least keep some old elements from the previous titles. Perhaps this new villain might have connections with Max Apogee and Orvus… maybe?

It's possible that Tachyon might of survived that black hole, but with that rock falling ontop of him, I don't know… emoji

I had some thoughts of Lawrence planning something big and might even become a main villain one day, but I don't think that could actually work. I cannot really see Lawrence as a main baddie. It might ruin his proper butler image.

I have an imagine how could be next game… Lawrence could save Nefarious before crash (station explosion). But Nefarious is broken and Lawrence must fix him, BUT after fixing Nefarious will remember anything (He lost his memory). And if Courtney Gears is still alive, she could be here too.

I am not very good for writting story, but I thing this could be good idea. emoji

Lawerance won't be coming back for him, he was never really enthaustic about serving Nefarious, and if he and a chance of geting rid of Nefarious forever, I think he would take it.

I hope never to see Tachyon again, he was the villain I hated most throughout the series. And he was the one that ruined Ratchets chance at a normal life in the first place.

Although… (warning: spoiler)

…it was Alister Azimuths fault for giving Tachyon the means to nearly wipe out the lombaxes in the first place

But Dr. Nefarious was my favorite villain, his madness is just ingenious and funny, lol. I especially like when he breaks and you hear some lines from that Lance & Janice show he loves. lol

It would be nice to see Nefarious again, but I would agree with Tara that he needs a break. I like him as well, but we need to see a new villain and characters since every Ratchet and Clank title needs something new and different but at least keep some old elements from the previous titles. Perhaps this new villain might have connections with Max Apogee and Orvus… maybe?

It's possible that Tachyon might of survived that black hole, but with that rock falling ontop of him, I don't know… emoji

I had some thoughts of Lawrence planning something big and might even become a main villain one day, but I don't think that could actually work. I cannot really see Lawrence as a main baddie. It might ruin his proper butler image.

I'd like to see a villian that is ratchet's darkest and most treachous yet. Nefarious was pathetic and had no real proper "deviousness" (Although tying Ratchet to the asteriod was a little devious, cruel and creative).
I'd like to see a villian with no heart, no mercy, and no limit to evilness, like Charles Manson.
Okay, a much better example, how about Desmond McCain?

Deleted user

Hmm yeah true, there hasn't actually been an 'extremely evil' villain yet, though Drek is probably the darkest one so far, I mean… he was responsible for wiping out billions! (destroyed planets..) all for money. But however, he was comical too… in fact, all the main villains in the series have had a noticeable funny side (Which I don't mind though, heh)

And to be honest, I wasn't very fond of Tachyon neither (especially at first, and that voice… ugh XD) though I can tolerate him. I don't truly hate any of the characters.

Hmm yeah true, there hasn't actually been an 'extremely evil' villain yet, though Drek is probably the darkest one so far, I mean… he was responsible for wiping out billions! (destroyed planets..) all for money. But however, he was comical too… in fact, all the main villains in the series have had a noticeable funny side (Which I don't mind though, heh)

And to be honest, I wasn't very fond of Tachyon neither (especially at first, and that voice… ugh XD) though I can tolerate him. I don't truly hate any of the characters.

Tachyon sounds like he swallowed either a barbie vocal modulator, a drug, or some sort of animal.
Or he just an idiot.

Deleted user

I thought Tachyon was probably one of the darkest villains I've seen yet in the Ratchet and Clank series. He despises Lombaxes, killed many of them long ago with his devices (is that right? It's been a while since I've played TOD), and even though he portrayed the snobby, elegant emperor personality well and comical, but he had moments where he became a pretty threatening character. He was definitely like Drek. They both had a dark scheme, but had some moments that made them quite likeable and funny.

I actually didn't mind Tachyon's appearance and voice in TOD. At least he wasn't as creepy as those big creepy looking Cragmite beasts that he released with the Dimensionator.

I don't think Insomniac wouldn't go extremely dark with a character or characters. In my opinion, This next villain should at least have a balance of drama and comedy mixed together just like Drek, Tachyon and even Nefarious for the next Ratchet game.