Thread: Easter Eggs & Parody Spoofs in R&C

Deleted user

Discuss any parody spoofs and/or hidden easter eggs that you have spotted in the Ratchet and Clank games.

There are quite a few in each one, whether it is in the cutscenes or in the actual game-play.

I won't mention too much about the parody spoofs and easter eggs in A Crack in Time because there were many that were pretty recognizable, except for the name of one of the trophies.

The "88 MPH" trophy is a reference to the movie trilogy Back to the Future. I didn't knew about this until I found out on a website (and after obtaining the trophy). Although, those who have seen and grew up with the Back to the Future films would of knew that reference by looking at the name of the trophy.

Also, there's a really strange but funny easter egg in Going Commando. If you go to planet Endako, there's a round about path where you see many ships flying around. There's one ship that's shaped as a pizza that would pass by once in a while. A shaped pizza ship flying around? That's crazy!

So have you guys spotted any spoofs and easter eggs in the Ratchet and Clank games?

I totally rememer the pizza ship thing on R&C 2 that got me in the 'WTF' moments I even saw that ship that looked like it got chased by another ship for pizza one time emoji

and as for the '88MPH' bit I just noticed that now that you mention it even though I never saw the whole back to the future films but I remember the 88MPH bit in a parody one time I think that sound clip is in one of thoese skittles and bits parodies.

I think Ratchet's line
"It's a shortcut, trust me" in ToD is supposed to be a parody of a line in Attack of the clones…. or maybe it's just a co-incidence.

Deleted user
I think Ratchet's line
"It's a shortcut, trust me" in ToD is supposed to be a parody of a line in Attack of the clones…. or maybe it's just a co-incidence.

I think that line was just a coincidence, although when he said that line, I always thought of Disney's Aladdin. Why you may ask? Because Aladdin uses the word "trust" quite a lot in his dialogue.

But moving on, the dialogue that Qwark starts to say in the "Space it's Huge" scene from a Crack in Time, is a parody of the intro to Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Captain Picard - "Space, The Final Frontier"
Captain Qwark - "Space, It's Huge"

Speaking of Star Trek, when you are in the temple on quantos (or what ever the first planet's name is) as you enter the first chamber, Quark tells you that "Operation Red Shirt is a go" i think its a reference to the Red Coats in the first Star Trek Series.

Doesn't Qwark give that nick name to Ratchet? Or was it "Dead Meat" or "Red Meat"? emoji I'm new to all the Ratchet series and trying to learn a lot in just two weeks.

Deleted user
Speaking of Star Trek, when you are in the temple on quantos (or what ever the first planet's name is) as you enter the first chamber, Quark tells you that "Operation Red Shirt is a go" i think its a reference to the Red Coats in the first Star Trek Series.

You're right! The dialogue Qwark said in the temple was another Star Trek reference. I've realized that there were quite a few in A Crack in Time.

Doesn't Qwark give that nick name to Ratchet? Or was it "Dead Meat" or "Red Meat"? emoji I'm new to all the Ratchet series and trying to learn a lot in just two weeks.

It was "Dead Meat", but I'm not too sure if that's a reference to anything.

But I do know that in Tools of Destruction, the characters Cronk and Zephyr are supposed to represent the console designs of the PS3 and the X-Box 360.

Cronk represents Sony, while Zephyr is supposed to represents Microsoft. Uh-Oh! Console Wars A-hoy! emoji

Cronk represents Sony, while Zephyr is supposed to represents Microsoft. Uh-Oh! Console Wars A-hoy! emoji

thus explians why you drew the console wars in your fanart section emoji

Deleted user

thus explains why you drew the console wars in your fan art section emoji

Exactly! :oui:

Zephyr's name also set out the joke on Reepor:

"time to show my superior on-line capabilities"
"too bad your CPU has a 42% failure rate!"

emoji

Funny, i thought that Zephyr was a reference to a Level in Spyro 2 of the same name.

Funny, i thought that Zephyr was a reference to a Level in Spyro 2 of the same name.

I thought the same thing when I first heard that name didn't remember it at first but after a while it hit me of where I heard that name before.

Deleted user

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the pretty obvious spoofs in the Ratchet and Clank games, such as:

- the character Courtney Gears is a spoof of well known female singers in the music industry, who are Brittney Spears and Courtney Love.

- When Clank and the Plumber were talking to one another in Clank's memory banks, the green pipe that appeared in the scene where Clank went inside to was a parody of the Mario Bros. games.

- Images of Jak (in Jak 2 form) and Daxter appeared in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. One was on the TV screen in planet Endako, Megapolis. The other were on a couple of posters on planet Damosel, Allgon City.

There is also a moment on RaC 2 I think and Ratchet and Clank do the same motions as Jak and Daxter do when they find a Precursor orb, with the Jak and Daxter music too!

Deleted user
There is also a moment on RaC 2 I think and Ratchet and Clank do the same motions as Jak and Daxter do when they find a Precursor orb, with the Jak and Daxter music too!

its called a power cell precursor orbs are the eggs that are evrywhere