Thread: Playing solo or not?

Deleted user

We need to talk MOAR about this game, people! emoji

Anyhow, it's been confirmed many times now that this game CAN be played alone, 1-4 players offline, 2-4 players online.

So… will you be playing it alone, with a friend, family member, etc? So far, it's rather likely I'll always have a partner (a real person, not an AI) with me to get through the game and I so far I can't really imagine it to be too fun playing it alone BUT you do get an AI Partner with you at all times. And the levels adjust themselves to fit a mode for a single player, and if there's 3-4… then it adjusts itself for that and the difficulty rises too.

So, how about you?

Deleted user

Perhaps the single player experience could have a story component to it like in Deadlock or in Up Your Arsenal.

But I believe that playing alone with an AI player could work so as long as the AI is pretty darn intelligent. If the AI players doesn't work well with the single player game play, it might turn out like Resident Evil 5, where the the AI partner in that game wasn't that smart. emoji

Deleted user

Hmm well they still have a whole year before it releases, so I'm sure they'll spend a lot of time getting the Single player experience to work right emoji

Deleted user
Hmm well they still have a whole year before it releases, so I'm sure they'll spend a lot of time getting the Single player experience to work right emoji

That's probably one of the reasons why the game will be released next year rather than this year. Ratchet and Clank are always great with their story components and single gameplay experience and of course, it takes a long time to develop a story that is well written and entertaining for a videogame. Without the story experience, it wouldn't feel like a Ratchet and Clank game one bit.

Deleted user

And with T.J Fixman doing the story, then I'm sure it'll be a good one emoji

It's from Insomniac, so I do have faith in this one emoji it will be different, but I think it'll still be good!

So he is doing the story too then? That is good to hear, he did a very good job with the previous stories emoji

I also hope that I can play it with someone, I dont wanna play it alone emoji NZ internet sucks so online may be a little tricky to get on at first

I'm playing it with my little brother… might be better off with the AI… No just kidding. He just never wants to play it with me.

I played alone, since I'm an only kid. But I had fun, Clank was very smart, as always! emoji

Wow this thread is so old!

but I played with my cousins when we were over on the weekends

I've always played alone, never played it with a friend before…

I've played both solo and multiplayer. I've gotta say getting 2-3 mates over and playing together is best. This allows you to cheat emoji by distraction etc. and online team-mates are good too.

Absolute best is teaming up with my brother and his girlfriend (when I'm at home). Then I can throw him off the edge, and if he retaliates his girlfriend tells him off. emoji

I don't have any friends who own a PlayStation 3 so they can bring a 2nd controller. Not gonna pay €40,- for an extra controller I'm only gonna use 5 times a year..

I don't have any friends who own a PlayStation 3 so they can bring a 2nd controller. Not gonna pay €40,- for an extra controller I'm only gonna use 5 times a year..

I got lucky, when I traded in my old PS3 it went back with a non-dualshock controller my brother had, instead of the dualshock one it came with emoji so I've got three, if you include the one I bought for £25 off amazon.

But anyways, solo play is pretty good, Clank is an intelligent partner. When he wasn't, such as getting stuck or running the wrong way, just pick him up with the Vac-U and throw him off. He'll soon learn.

I've seen some 3rd party controllers for €14,99 in the local toystore, still I think that 15,- too much for a CoD skinned controller. Wish there was a controller with R&C skin.