Thread: R&C Comic: Issue 1 Thread

Deleted user
Man, I'm missing out on the party emoji

Well, I'm hoping to get it soon though. So I can give it a review here (both a non-spoiler review and spoiler-hidden review, heh)

Anyway, here's an IGN Review of it: http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/111/1119549p1.html (I DONT KNOW if this has spoilers because… I didn't look, I just copied the link from someone XD!)

No. There are no spoilers involved, but lets just say there's a few criticisms about the first issue's plot and visuals set up. Overall, IGN thought the first issue was decent and gave it a 7.0.

Deleted user

Ah that isn't bad then! Considering video game comics often fail, but yeah I do think the Comic series is more for the fans too. I also read the review and it had no spoilers so I'll add it to the first post emoji

But yeah I can notice most aren't too thrilled with Archer's style, but I still don't really mind it. I'll have to wait til it comes to me before I can write my own review emoji

Deleted user

I've just bought and finished reading the first issue today. Even if it was a dollar expensive (usually it's always a bit more expensive in Canada), I still bought it anyways.

I will not spoil the beans yet, but will quickly review it in a few weeks… Once mostly everyone gets a hold of it. I might have to re-read it again once the second issue is out in a month.

Finally got my issue today after looking at 2 books store.

It was very interesting and funny too.

Wasn't it supposed to be released for PSstore PSP comics?
because they didn't and it's so hard to find anywhere sensible (especially as the county I live in is TERRIBLE for shops and stocking what you actually want to find XD)

Deleted user

I still havent got it, neither has my friend who pre-ordered it for me emoji looks like I have to wait over a week until I see it! Ugh XD wish it was for sale in NZ, darnit!

Deleted user
I still havent got it, neither has my friend who pre-ordered it for me emoji looks like I have to wait over a week until I see it! Ugh XD wish it was for sale in NZ, darnit!

darn it cant find one in tassie who stocks it when it comes out im so gunna buy it

I pre-ordered my copy from Forbidden Planet, along with issues 2 and 3 (however if there delivery time is anything like it was the last time I ordered something from them the 4th issue will probably be out by the time it arrives!)

I have managed to read it though, I wasn't overly fond of the art style to begin with, but it is growing on me. The humour from the games is definitely still there and the story looks to be quite interesting though. Roll on issue 2 emoji

Deleted user

I have heard a lot of good things about the comic, so it's good to see that you like it too emoji I'm sure it gets a lot better as it goes! But man, it's so hard for me to wait… XD I already saw a few spoilers by accident but they were 'to be expected' things… (like, I sorta already knew what was going to happen in some parts)

Deleted user
I have managed to read it though, I wasn't overly fond of the art style to begin with, but it is growing on me. The humour from the games is definitely still there and the story looks to be quite interesting though. Roll on issue 2 emoji

I remember being a little disgusted about the artistic style before the full first issue was actually released (after checking the preview of the beginning pages). But, I think glancing the work at a few times makes you get used to the style. And you know, there are some panels that look pretty good and eye-catching overall. Some are distorted, but some are pretty well drawn. :oui:

Deleted user

I must be a bit strange, since I never had a problem with the style at all… though I was a little surprised with how different it was compared with the cover, but that's about it heh.

Here's hoping I get to see it on Monday or Tuesday… :S I'm itching to give a review!

Deleted user

Anyone whos got the comic can you like send me photos of some of the pages we havnt seen just busting to read

Deleted user
Anyone whos got the comic can you like send me photos of some of the pages we havnt seen just busting to read

I think we had discussions about this. I think most of us want to be respectful about the first issue, which means we don't want to send out scans here on this site. If you want scans of the comic, find them somewhere else outside of this site, but here at Ratchet-Galaxy is a different story.

Sorry, but I don't support scanned comics or mangas for free, unless if you have no other choice to obtain them.

Deleted user

okay

Deleted user

Like Tipsy said, and like I said in the other topic - there will be no discussion on how and where scans are found; any posts that ignore the rules will be edited or deleted. So please don't discuss is any further, thanks emoji