Thread: Art Theft

Deleted user

Listen… people have been stealing my artwork! theyve been claiming it as thier own and taking it and saying they did it all! I DID IT! Im the one who spent the hours drawing EVERY SINGLE PICTURE IN MY ALBUM! An d I WILL CANCEL IT IF SOMETHING IS NOT DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted user

I will also cancel my fanfic- theyve taken Retro Story too!!!!

Deleted user

Ok first off, please dont double post. But I can understand the situation though, I've had my art 'taken/stolen' a lot over the years BUT if you always put your signature/watermark on the picture, then there is a much less chance of it being taken by someone else. And you can always prove that it's done by yourself if you have that proof emoji anyway, where are your stolen pictures anyway? Are they here or some other website? You can always try to report people… especially if it's on DeviantART.

But when it comes to people making money off your work, then they cant anyway if it's fanart since it's illegal.

Deleted user
Ok first off, please dont double post. But I can understand the situation though, I've had my art 'taken/stolen' a lot over the years BUT if you always put your signature/watermark on the picture, then there is a much less chance of it being taken by someone else. And you can always prove that it's done by yourself if you have that proof emoji anyway, where are your stolen pictures anyway? Are they here or some other website? You can always try to report people… especially if it's on DeviantART.

But when it comes to people making money off your work, then they cant anyway if it's fanart since it's illegal.

thank you tara. im told that its on devainart and scattered across youtube. ill try to uncover more. i was so angry i didnt take note of these things- and now it has me crying. this is exactly why i dont tell people about the chapter books i write… alot of people have made fun or taken credit for techneztha which angers me and saddens me most.

Deleted user

I understand, but on the internet you have to watch out and be aware of these sorts of things, since there are lots of idiots and jerks out there, bored and wanting to try and make others as miserable as they are emoji

But if it's fanart, then there isnt too much to worry about it truly being stolen (unless it has no signature and watermark). And your style is very easily to notice too from the fandom, especially since not many draw cragmites emoji but if you can track down those people and the pictures, you can try asking them first to take them down. And if they dont, then that's when you have to try reporting.

Deleted user
I understand, but on the internet you have to watch out and be aware of these sorts of things, since there are lots of idiots and jerks out there, bored and wanting to try and make others as miserable as they are emoji

But if it's fanart, then there isnt too much to worry about it truly being stolen (unless it has no signature and watermark). And your style is very easily to notice too from the fandom, especially since not many draw cragmites emoji but if you can track down those people and the pictures, you can try asking them first to take them down. And if they dont, then that's when you have to try reporting.

okay i just took down a wad of my fanart to add sigs to them. for the easier to crop pictures ill do watermarks too. thank you so much. and i find it complementary that my style stands out. thank you!

Deleted user

I had people took my fan art and even fan videos before, but at least most of them gave me the credit for it. There were one, possibly two people that didn't give me credit or took my work before.

I had one who didn't gave me credit for one of my Disney Montage Videos on youtube. He or she didn't even bother to respond my report, but thank goodness that A-Hole is banned from youtube just because he/she was putting a lot of animated movie parts that could easily ban you right away.

The other was from DA when someone took one of my images from my gallery on this site. But thank goodness the member took it off right away and I all thank to Rai for reporting the art theft to me.

So I would give you the same suggestion as Tara. From now on, put a signature or watermark on your images from now on, because you have no idea how many trolls and jerk faces are there that would do this to you nor everyone else.

Deleted user

Heh well yeah, of course it stands out emoji most people in the fandom only draw the same kind of things over and over. But yours is different xD

But yeah that's good though. I always add watermarks to my art too, and my name as well.

Deleted user

thank you for your help. I cant watermark with my program but i found a way to do watermarking anyway. THank you! I was most worried about techneztha getting stolen, you know? so see if you see the edit in this: User image

Deleted user

Yeah that's better, it's good to have a signature and watermark of some sort emoji

Deleted user

okay… phew… thank you… just keep a lookout for ripper-offers okay? LOL. *STOPS CRYING AND STARTS LAUGHING*

but another problem… what about my fanfic?

Deleted user

Well I highly doubt people will steal it though (fanfiction theft is pretty uncommon), but as long as you have proof that you wrote it here and such, then you can always use the proof of having it on this site as evidence to get it removed from another website out there emoji

Deleted user

I don't really think it was it was proper of you to create a thread of this problem, but yeah. I think I saw some guy on DevianTART with your pictures, but later it said he had cancelled his account. It's possible he was caught already.

Deleted user

it was proper neffy. TRUST ME. now im worried if hes actually caught or running around other sites with my work…

i doubt if its male, people would believe its his artwork with that signature emoji they realy should make it unable to copy-paste pictures here…