Thread: R&C Comic: Issue 4 Thread

Deleted user

i got it today, my comic shop had it.

Deleted user

I live a while away from my closest comic shop, so I couldn't get it today, but I'm sure I'll be able to get it tommrow. emoji Try not to spoli it for us, as most of us don't get it the exact day it comes out.

Cool. Could you share what happens in it? In spoiler tags, of course.

Deleted user

Cool. Could you share what happens in it? In spoiler tags, of course.

Please use spoiler tags if so. I do not want to be spolied.

Deleted user

So it was released today… oh goodie emoji

Well I already had it preordered, so here's hoping I get it next week in the mail… XD

Deleted user

I just got the comic today at last and I was so surprised! That was probably the most epic and badass Ratchet and Clank comic so far.

Action. Betrayal. Love. Revenge. Sacrfices. Darkness. You couldn't ask for more from Ratchet and Clank. Vorn finally feels the time to redeem himself. Artemis Zogg once again shows his true "sinister" side. Zephry disappears. Talwyn makes an epic sacrifice to save Ratchet and Clank.

Can't do a review a full review right now, sorry guys. One most certainly coming soon, though.

Well I FINALLY got hold of both issue 3 & 4! and they were both great! I especially enjoyed some of the references such as:

the Galactic Rangers in issue 3 and the plasma coil in issue 4! Also seeing Veldin frozen over!

Issue 5 should be awesome! emoji

Deleted user

I'm still waiting for mine… emoji looks like I wont get it til the 5th issue is out! lol.

Well, after weeks of waiting for the fourth comic to arrive, it has finally come. Here's my review of issue #4. Spoilers ahead:

When we last left, we learned about Artemis Zogg's fall to villainy and Qwark's role in it. Zogg now offers that either Ratchet and Clank be delivered to his warship, or he will teleport Veldin out of orbit, causing it to freeze. Without any guarantee to come back alive and despite protests from Talwyn and Sasha, the duo teleport to the ship. Meanwhile, we learn that Qwark is trying to fix his mess alongside Zephyr, and both are building a replica of Zogg's machine. Also, Zogg's right-hand man, Vorn, is starting to show regret over his master's increasing ruthlessness as he receives the heroes to the ship. Zogg frees them from their handcuffs, and gleefully mentions Veldin's death, breaking his promise. He mentions that in order to enforce his rule, sacrifices must be made, making Ratchet's efforts to connect to his good nature in vain. Ratchet then detonates a bomb and escapes, fighting his way to the comet shard that powers Zogg's machine.

Meanwhile, Talwyn and Sasha, along with Cronk and the Galactic Rangers, are having an epic space fight with Zogg's fighters, with Talwyn especially worried about Ratchet's safety while tracking his progress, and developing a friendship with Sasha. Back inside, Ratchet finally finds the shard and prepares the machine to teleport Veldin back in orbit, only for Zogg to destroy the machine. Before Zogg can kill the heroes, Talwyn crashes her ship into Zogg's quarters and provides a distraction for the villains, urging a regretful Ratchet to grab the shard and leave her behind. Sasha and Cronk believe Talwyn has died in the crash and the duo take an escape pod to the frozen Veldin, trying to figure out what to do next. To be continued…

To be honest, I actually the thought the last issue was a bit better. Don't get me wrong, it was still interesting and exciting to read, but not much really happened other than the action scenes. There were plenty of action and battle scenes, much more than last issue, but again, in terms of story, there was not much. As far as character development goes, we do see Talwyn and Sasha bonding, and I actually prefer this to the "love triangle" with Ratchet I thought we were going to get. Talwyn and Ratchet's feelings for each other are also hinted at, and it comes off clear enough, without being too heavy handed. Even Cronk gets a bit of fleshing out. As for Zogg…oh boy, Zogg. There's A LOT I want to discuss right now in terms of his character, but I'd rather do this until the final issue (and series) review, both because it wouldn't be fair to discuss what I have in mind without finishing the story, and because it is a somewhat long rant filled with both pleasure and disappointment.

As for the art and coloring, Archer's art is really growing on me, and the new colorist, Tony Avina, is going a good job taking over Jonny Rench's duties after the latter's unfortunate death. I did notice some coloring mistakes (the biggest one being a red-colored Galactic Guard), but nothing too distracting.

Overall, I enjoyed this book, but not as much as the last one. And hopefully, it's a shorter wait for next week's issue.

Did anyone else geek out at the preview for the Young Justice comic? Man, that show looks awesome!

Deleted user

Ok I finally got it today, after work actually and read it emoji but I'm gonna read through again later to get the full impression but I did enjoy it a lot and I pretty much agree with your review, GamerSlyratchet :oui:

BUT yeah like you said, I actually liked the 3rd issue a bit more but this one was still great and the action was spectacular to look at, and I'm really liking how the character developement is going. Zogg is turning even more ruthless and evil as it goes, Sasha and Talywn's friendship is neat to see (better than the 'rivals' thing everyone thought was going to happen!), even Cronk's feelings about Talwyns 'demise' was heart warming, heh…

But of course, I really like how Talywn is developing in this. And it's good how her feelings for Ratchet arent "in your face" too, but obvious enough to notice. And it was a kickass thing for her to go there, save Ratchet by crashing into the ship like that! wow!!! emoji

Oh and I also laughed out loud at the scene with Vorn in the toilet, while a robot smashed through the walls. So darn random and funny, even a Dr Nefarious cameo on the magazene, which was unexpected XD

And uhh yeah, not much else for me to say. But the Cliff hanger on "Snowy Veldin" is such a teaser!

Can't wait for the next issue! Which comes next week, but I hope it doesnt take more than 3 weeks to get to me this time >_<

Deleted user

Well here's my SPOILER Review for Issue 4.

The pacing of action, comedy or the combination of both was really good in Issue # 4. Even reading through it didn't felt too squeezed in like in the last issue.

I especially like certain panels in which the dialogue and facial expressions (like Zogg's facial looks) were placed perfectly in that scene. Now who agrees with me that the panel with Ratchet ramming one of the robot guards through a wall with Vorn on the toilet was hysterical? Boy do I love toilet humour! emoji

Speaking of ramming, that played a big theme for this Issue. Remember when Talwyn rammed her ship into Zogg's place? Now that would have to be one of the most insane things she has ever done and seeing her fight in action does make me appreciate her more compared to her in Tools of Destruction.

As for the end, it's pretty surprising to see the planet that we first met Ratchet in would turn into a blizzard town. I'm curious to know what will happen next.

For the most part, I enjoyed this issue, though Issue 2 is still my favourite.

8 out of 10

Who knows when I'll pick up Issue # 5.