Thread: Are You Into FPS Games?

Well on this site I haven't meant anyone who likes to play fps I do I have logged over 168 hours on them and personally I find them to be quite entertaning, some I don't like but that is rare for me and personally can't wait for

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 3

and

BATTLEFIELD 3

mw3 comes out 11/8/11 and bf3 comes out in october so we have something to look fwd to.

Well that might be because this is a fansite for a platformer game :P
But still. I personally find FPS boring (mainly modern FPS) because the majority of them are all the same, and follow the Call of Duty trend. I don't really see the appeal of Call of Duty when all the goal seems to be in them is to shoot someone, or shoot loads of people if you're online. My boyfriend's brother actually spends all of his waking life on that game (when he's not at work), and it just annoys them heck outta me now XD
Plus, alot of FPS are too close to reality, and I play games to escape reality :P

Well that might be because this is a fansite for a platformer game :P
But still. I personally find FPS boring (mainly modern FPS) because the majority of them are all the same, and follow the Call of Duty trend. I don't really see the appeal of Call of Duty when all the goal seems to be in them is to shoot someone, or shoot loads of people if you're online. My boyfriend's brother actually spends all of his waking life on that game (when he's not at work), and it just annoys them heck outta me now XD
Plus, alot of FPS are too close to reality, and I play games to escape reality :P

EXACTLY! Man if I could just get my brother to understand this emoji But i do like this one FPS Resistance. The story is quite interesting! Not another old WWII or WWIII but… well… WWIII but with alien enemies! And cool futuristic weapons and technology! Relistic i suppose? But still extreme sci-fi makes up for it (ya know with aliens going around excavating giant alien towers and constructing cities all over the world with giant walking spider-like Goliaths and Stalkers roaming the world clearing out all human life… Ceartanly and interesting ide to me. CoD and stuff don't exite me all that much though, i mean BO was just this super weapon the russians were working on to turn the tide of WWII or something? To confusing for me. But i don't wanna go on about why this and that are bad, you can like whatever games you like and i won't protest against it emoji

EXACTLY! Man if I could just get my brother to understand this emoji But i do like this one FPS Resistance. The story is quite interesting! Not another old WWII or WWIII but… well… WWIII but with alien enemies! And cool futuristic weapons and technology! Relistic i suppose? But still extreme sci-fi makes up for it (ya know with aliens going around excavating giant alien towers and constructing cities all over the world with giant walking spider-like Goliaths and Stalkers roaming the world clearing out all human life… Ceartanly and interesting ide to me. CoD and stuff don't exite me all that much though, i mean BO was just this super weapon the russians were working on to turn the tide of WWII or something? To confusing for me. But i don't wanna go on about why this and that are bad, you can like whatever games you like and i won't protest against it emoji

Know why Resistance is good? Because Insomniac kick butt, haha XD They know how to take a common genre, turn it upside down and inside out, and come out with something a million times more better. Problem with companies such as the people who make Call of Duty is that all they will ever do is make weapons and worlds based on real life. The people who make it can't have must artistic freedom, which'll get VERY boring after the 10th CoD game (regardless of how much money they make from it) so I don't feel that kind of "love" put into the game by the company like I do with games from companies such as Insomniac.

If that makes any sense at all XD

Your forgeting that rachet and clank is a tps also some fps games don't come close to following call of duty like: battlefield 2, 3, badcompany 1,2, medal of honor, fallout 1,2,3, and ghost recon. Those are more real than call of duty and ghost recon is kinda a fantasy fps because some of the stuff the game has is more than likely not real. Fallout 3 is also is like ghost recon its is based in the year 2277 200 years after a nuclear war I mean come on fps games are what started all shooter games with out those do you think ratchet and clank would of ever been made? And not to start a fight but the ratchet and clank games are kinda to fictonal they are so fanticyesd that I want to do some magnetohydrodynmics, magnetoplamadynamics, and some antilisestablishmentairaiuism and yes those are real words look them up.

Deleted user

Just like Mel, I am not that keen with FPS or TPS just because it's a really overrated genre in gaming nowadays. Although, I do not despise the genre depending on the concept of the overall product, just like with a lot of game genres out there.

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Fallout and the rest of the recent gritty games don't appeal me that easily just because insert same reason as to what Mel said. However, there has been a couple of shooters that I'd enjoyed in the past such as Duke Nukem, Perfect Dark, Uncharted (if you count that as a shooter) and even a bit of Goldeneye 007 on the N64 (despite the fact I hate the single experience). Any shooter with a personality and fun to the concept would be my kind of gaming.

Even if Ratchet and Clank has a lot of guns as their weapons, but most fans would consider the franchise to be either a platformer or an action adventure, which the gameplay style is mostly platforming.

And not to start a fight but the ratchet and clank games are kinda to fictonal they are so fanticyesd that I want to do some magnetohydrodynmics, magnetoplamadynamics, and some antilisestablishmentairaiuism and yes those are real words look them up.

So uhh… why are you on this site then if you think RaC is "too fictional"? :/ Just asking, because if you want big FPS fans, you really should sign up for an FPS fansite instead.

Deleted user

For me, I only like certain FPS games such as World War II ones like the original Call of Duty games and some of the older Medal of Honor games, and also older FPS games like Goldeneye, and I also sometimes like Sci-Fi FPS like Perfect Dark and Halo, but modern FPS games don't really interest me because most of them are like the same such as the newer Call of Duty games.

Hmmm let's see I have a aunt who works @ insomiac, a cousin who works @ playstation usa, a uncle who works @ infinty ward, a older brother who works @ bethseta, and a sister who works @ activison
I know a lot of stuff that is comeing out and mabe I will tell mabe I won't but I am starting to think some people live in a fantacy world well trust me when reality bite your a*s it is gonna hurt yeah I used to be like that but on 10/18/2008 reality hit me when my dad died over seas from getting shot @ and then getting blown up by a ied and then 2 weeks after that my 13 year old brother died right next to me in a car crash emoji I still do play ratchet and clank but not as much any more because it reminds me of my broter and dad because my dad bought me the games and my brother played them with me now I play fps games because I want to keep in reality also try being the out cast of your school for 2 years. The point of this is that no matter what you are gonna have to deal with reality sooner or later

Deleted user

I have a few problems with what you said there JCatz:

1. You didn't had to be THAT personal about your comment there. It's devastating to hear what happened to both your brother and dad, but please don't ever bring someone's death to a conversation over a simple argument like this. Some may consider your recent post to be a cry for attention. Not saying that you are lying about this, but there are people out there who may not believe in an individual's response.

2. When did playing FPS or any game fitted with reality in the first place? Games have always been there for entertainment purposes only since Pong existed in the late 70's. Games makes you either escape from your daily stressful lives or get addicted to. If you are inspired to jump into a game with gritty realistic visuals, okay that's your kind of thing, but you got to remember that every game (even a modern FPS like COD) doesn't convey reality completely.

There now let's stop the argument there and stay on topic then. You know what happens when a thread gets into situations like this…

Wow another heartless person. Yes all of it is true and no its no a cry for attntion and also I play fps games based on the war in the middle east.
Listen to these and you might see how I feel

Deleted user

Wow… what a way to say to one of the moderators on the site. emoji

I wasn't even being heartless there to begin with. I was just advising you to not bring really personal details about your life in a really simple topic like this. I was just warning you about your post, not attacking you.

And another thing, just because you admit you are telling the truth about your personal story, doesn't mean you had to harass and call a member and a mod "a heartless" in the forums. Doing this more often will slowly get you banned from the site. Think before you say to someone!

Now let's get back to the topic or else I will lock this thread up from all of this drama.

By the way JCatz, the links you posted aren't working.

Yes, back on topic, I agree with Tipsy. This thread is a little too hostile for me :P

I do like some FPS such as Golden Eye, and I LOVED DOOM… heck, I even had that on mobile :P There was other game I had called Orcs and Elves too. I think it was a first person shooter, but with magic. It was pretty lulzy XD

I'm more of a dreamer then a person who worries about reality too much as I think reality is just too much hassle and it makes me sad (depends on what happens on other parts of the world that is) so I play video games like spyro, uncharted, ratchet and clank, other games that I like, and watch cartoons to get my mind off of reality cause the less I think about reality the more happier I'll be without a care in the world and if anyone dosn't like what I do best then that's tough cookies for them emoji

Games like CoD, GTA, and any war like games bores me to tears and it makes me think "I've seen better games then this" (sorry if I offend anyone for saying this but I'm only saying this as my honest opinion) not to mention to agree with the people about playing games to escape reality and not to be reminded of it last thing I want is it play a game that reminds me of reality and end up get put off of playing and end up been a crybaby/emo about the whole darn thing (again sorry if I offend anyone for saying this but that's how I roll by trying my best to avoid end up been like that)

No wounder I hack my games……. well not my fps games that actually have ACTUALLY REALNESS TO THEM. Yes I am a jerk.