Thread: Age of the Tharpods and creatures (STORY SPOILERS!)

Okay so, a Tharpod mentions that Ephemeris has been around for over 100 years, and if Dr Croid designed the prototype, he and Nevo themselves must be over 100, maybe even 200 years old. And if Ephemeris was first built 22 years after Mr Dinkles disappeared, Mr Dinkles himself logically must be 125, give or take, by the end of the game's events.

Which ultimately raises the question: just how old do you think the Tharpods and creatures of Magnus can live to be? Let's discuss this.

I too noticed this, but forgot to say anything, at first I suspected that creatures may live quite a long time in the Ratchet & Clank universe, because Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Nefarious were not at all surprised by this. But it could be that years are a lot shorter on Magnus…

I too noticed this, but forgot to say anything, at first I suspected that creatures may live quite a long time in the Ratchet & Clank universe, because Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Nefarious were not at all surprised by this. But it could be that years are a lot shorter on Magnus…

Yeah, Lombaxes themselves can live five times as long as humans.
As for years being shorter on Magnus, though; throughout the series there's a bit of ambiguity as to the length of a "year". An Earth year is measured in the time it takes Earth to revolve around the sun, and there are tons of planets in the universe and they don't seem to have solar systems…

On a side note, I wonder how old Azimuth was…

You guys know how animals age differently suppose to others? Same could be applied here.

Did you know turtles can live over 200 years old? Dogs live shorter lives than humans, because they age faster.

Putting biology aside, it wouldn't surprise me that some alien species live longer/age slower than others. I heard a while back somewhere that Lombaxes age about every 5 human years and during the 2nd PS2 Ratchet game I believe he was 3 1/2 in lombax years, which would be 18 for them. This however was a few years back, so I don't know if IG changed this in anyway.

Also another thing to point out is while Ratchet seems like an adult to us, he may still be a child to others in his race. Alister seems like he's in his 70's-80's, but putting the theory that Lombaxes age slower, he could be waaay over 100 years. It kinda would make sense if you think about the years than went by from during and after the Great War, Tachyon attacking Fastoon and Ratchet finally meeting Clank for the first time. What seems like a long time for us could be shorter for them.

As for how long Tharpods can live, I really have no answer to that being I will need to replay the game again to put everything together. I'm not sure but I heard that Ephemeis was a round for over 100 years, but it attacked Uzo City after some time.

Guess I need to do another run.

Wow that's right…. i shall try to find out more about it!

A thought I had is that maybe Tharpods aren't affected by age in the same way humans are… my theory is that, whilst Tharpods can be killed, they might not be able to die from old age… I don't know…
and as for Mister Dinkles…

It's possible that the Loki spirit was keeping his body at a young age…

But who knows? All the theories on this thread make sense….

what about the fact we see young Tharpods (Susie) mid-aged one (Not really seen in cinematics, just gameplay) and old ones (Croid and Nevo) I'm pretty sure they age…

Hmm, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough…. what I mean was, they age, as in they start as a child and grow up. What I meant was, maybe Tharpods don't die of old age and can potentially age indefinitely…

Hmm, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough…. what I mean was, they age, as in they start as a child and grow up. What I meant was, maybe Tharpods don't die of old age and can potentially age indefinitely…

Damn they'd get pretty ugly then emoji